Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.

    #885653 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: matts]
    #885655 -

Even though I haven't seen what you're talking about, if it's straw, it will work.. :wink: 


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: matts]
    #885701 -

Those are good shit. I used those with great success. I think Micheals Crafts has them year round.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: matts]
    #885734 -

damn, thats pretty cool.


--------------------
"The universe works whether or not you understand it" - Frank Zappa

-blitz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
[Re: blitz]
    #886034 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: matts]
    #887174 -

Please post when you find out. I can't find the straw at Walmart yet, but I do have a Michaels in my area. The quality of the Gardenridge straw seems to have dipped in recent months. My recent harvests are not as nice as those from months ago, even though I have more experience and I switched from flours to grains. Experimenting with Scotts, but not too awfully impressed (only my ethiopians...oops, I mean cambodians...are fruiting so far) with it yet. I enjoy working with straw...sure would be nice to find some better quality straw in my neighborhood. I can't fit a bail in my Amigo - too many speakers, I'm afraid.


--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: babyshroom]
    #888849 -

Walmart and michaels mini bales are quality. Michaels cost about $5, Walmarts usually $1-$2 depending on season.

2 mini bales + big ass rubbermaid + 2 quarts spawn = half pound first flush.

Enjoy.


--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: mycofile]
    #890090 -

My very first straw experiment was in a big-ass rubbermaid, although I was still using cakes. It was B+ and I grew some MONSTERS!!! I did away with the big box - just too hard to conceal. But your recipe brought back memories. I think I'll try to work Michaels into my schedule tonight. Thanks myco!


--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: matts]
    #894285 -

I use that straw that walmart carries. Its great. I get excellent flushes with it, and I dont even cut it. Its all about 4 to 6 inches long and really clean. Good stuff.


--------------------
Keep it ReaL.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: UrbanistiC]
    #894331 -

I must inform y'all about pellitized straw it's awesome!
prodeces results second to none.
Very sweet!
I recommend straw user give it a try.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #894351 -

In reply to:
I must inform y'all about pellitized straw it's awesome!
prodeces results second to none.
Very sweet!





I have a big bag of that stuff that I bought a couple of months ago, but someone reviewed it's possibilities before I tried it and said it contaminated really easily..
So you're saying it's useable and better than straw? GREAT! How do you suggest it be best prepared for spawning?


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: TM]
    #894543 -

here's the tek used
and wheat straw was substituted with strawnet!
I'll pm you the yeilds my friend got from it pretty impressive.
1.("black gold" Worm casings)
2.Wheat straw( You chop the wheat straw up and put in a ziplock freezer back and fill with water distilled water and let it sit for an hour or two)
3.peatmoss
4.vermiculite
5.Alder shavings
You mix em all together in a large bowl And bake em in a aliminium turkey roaster pan you buy at the store the larger the better. Bake for 1hour at 250-275F then after an hour stir it up and bake for an additional 30minutes.
No youv've sterilized your compost.
As for the exact ingrediant ratio its up to you.
Use about50-60% worm casings as much or little straw as you like use about half a bag per pan more or less
use about a cup or two of vermiculite, Use a decent amount of peat moss two to three times as much verm. Maybe less And use a good amount of alder shavings I believe they contribute alot to mush size. Dont us to much though you add the alder chips dry. Add water to your mixture distilled water till damp or moist not soaking.
You'll have to add more water to your compost after you sterilize distilled of coarse.
Don't get your compost too wet or it may not work appropiatly.
I thinks thats about it.

Edited by psilocybinjunkie (09/19/02 08:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #894564 -

Okay, I'll either make that very mix or just add it to horse poo... Seems easier that way... THANKS!! :grin: 


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: TM]
    #894571 -

just add it to horse poo.
50-50 or 60-40 should be sweet!
you'll see the differnce immediatly...
have fun :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #894583 -

Wiill do, and always do, respectively... :grin:

Thanks again. 


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: TM]
    #894641 -

welcome  :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
[Re: psilocybinjunkie]
    #894976 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: matts]
    #895025 -

I think those mini bails are kind of pricey. When you can just get a full size bail for around 5 dollars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
[Re: SmashedMe]
    #895267 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: halloween straw at walmart [Re: matts]
    #895310 -

nope it's pellitized wheat straw. That turns into a rich humus when wet :smile:
great stuff indeed! Very sweet and not as messy as using straw :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* STORE BOUGHT BAGGED MANURE & "SO CALLED" COMPOST:
( 1 2 3 all )
agar 16,851 44 07/18/10 04:36 PM
by Dragonaut
* manure vs composted cow shit jalfonso 3,076 1 06/30/02 05:42 PM
by Roadkill
* turning compost whynot 586 3 06/25/03 05:21 PM
by Ainasko
* Anyone ever used regular home-made Garden Compost as Casing? Kalix 1,072 7 05/11/05 09:08 PM
by srgtm1a
* Nutrient levels of compost tripndicular 704 3 09/16/02 05:43 PM
by SixTango
* q 's for compost expert Michael_Ogic 575 3 10/26/04 06:23 PM
by Michael_Ogic
* compost q's Michael_Ogic 538 2 10/27/04 12:16 PM
by Anno
* composted horse manure? fleshofgods 823 4 04/06/03 08:39 PM
by Roadkill

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,460 topic views. 13 members, 83 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.