Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Anyone here use a straight razor to shave?
    #8724596 -

Ive always wanted to give it a shot, but now that I'm looking into actually buying one the prices seem absurd. I havent even been able to find a carbon steel blade for less than 100. WTF


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8724599 -

i use a machete


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: Coaster]
    #8724615 -

I don't see what the advantages to straight razors are

more chance of dying, more expensive, more time consuming..

I'm a hairy dude, and i just use a cheap electric one


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: anyone420]
    #8724617 -

I dont believe in shaving.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8724619 -

MisterMuscaria said:
I dont believe in shaving.



I dont believe in hippies, but they're just so damn persistent.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8724624 -



--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8724627 -

Only at the barber shop.  The barber had parkinsons.  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: anyone420]
    #8724638 -

anyone420 said:
I don't see what the advantages to straight razors are

more chance of dying, more expensive, more time consuming..

I'm a hairy dude, and i just use a cheap electric one



If done properly its an amazing shave, nothing else compares to it. I also hate buying new disposable blades, the 20.00 boxes last me a month at the most.

More importantly though cowboys shaved with straight razors, so it must be cool.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8724646 -

the price is probably worth it since its a razor you going to running across your neck and face:foshizzle:


--------------------
enjoy your seizure
"Ninja Jar ©"Tek
Mycelium Water TEK


[quote]RogerRabbit said:
You don't need to drill a lot of holes.  Some growers choose to fan several times per day instead.
RR [/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: wickedsick]
    #8724657 -

wickedsick said:
the price is probably worth it since its a razor you going to running across your neck and face:foshizzle:



Dunno, those discounted bic's seem to get the job done.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: The_Ghost]
    #8724662 -



--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: wickedsick]
    #8724688 -

wickedsick said:
the price is probably worth it since its a razor you going to running across your neck and face:foshizzle:



I just didnt expect them to cost so much, but I'm not about to shave with a cheap one. I've had it done with a poor quality blade before, and it felt like someone sandblasted my face. I hate stainless steel.

Its even getting hard to find a good carbon steel knife at a reasonable price. I used to buy carbon steel scharade skinners for 15.00 back in the day. There about the same price now, but its all stainless. The old ones are the greatest knives I've ever seen, its a damn shame.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8724837 -

the thing about straight razors is the good ones wont need to be replaced.

That being said the amount of time sharpening and honing the blade could affect the quality of the shave greatly.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: anyone420]
    #8724871 -

anyone420 said:
I don't see what the advantages to straight razors are

more chance of dying, more expensive, more time consuming..





so much for living in the fast lane :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: CosmicFool]
    #8724876 -

i was actually thinking about this after seeing sweeny todd (i know, not a great movie, but i had never really paid any attention to the old school barber tools) and was wondering how well it would really work.  my facial is so damn coarse, i get razor burn from brand new razors, and i have tried just about every method of shaving except for lectric shave pre shave shit.  if you buy one, let me know how it goes.  if your facial hair is anything like mine, i may have to buy one if you dig it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8724884 -

you can find good straight razors in antique stores.


once you put a edge on one, you can keep it insanely sharp just by strapping it.
my face has never been touched by a disposable razor or any blade other than a straight razor or good electric.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8724889 -

blewmeanie said:
I also hate buying new disposable blades, the 20.00 boxes last me a month at the most.



they last me more than a year with one of those $7 3packs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: smokeybear]
    #8724906 -

Try holding a warm washcloth on your face for a few min before you shave.  I even get the washcloth so hot that i hold it a couple millimeters away so it can steam soften my face.  Dry it completely first though, if you dry shave. 

Makes shaving 10x smoother for me, because i have course and dense facial hair.


--------------------
for all y’all niggaz out there that be puffin shit
when the music go on, y’all listen to this alright

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: anyone420]
    #8724965 -

I used to shave with a Bic, but I gave it up because of the ink.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Anyone here use a straight razor to shave? [Re: anyone420]
    #8724975 -

Can't you get straight razors with disposable blades? (or does that defeat the purpose?).

My barber used to use a straight razor to shave your next, but he changed the blade each time.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. Bridgeburner 535 0 10/17/07 01:30 PM
by Bridgeburner
* Gonna shave off my beard..... Rahie 980 9 03/22/07 11:01 PM
by CaptainH13
* I'm afraid to shave again.
( 1 2 all )
NewbieS 5,408 27 07/12/06 08:05 PM
by d33p
* I need shaving help
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 4,289 42 11/10/04 06:28 PM
by StonedShroom
* Shaving Gel *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
blink 4,389 28 10/24/04 03:24 PM
by cisole
* Shaving under your hair?
( 1 2 all )
Knightmare 2,424 22 07/29/06 10:20 PM
by Skunk420
* i shaved my hair, do i look retarded or not?
( 1 2 all )
DistortedEyes 4,599 31 08/23/07 02:32 PM
by KilroyMilosevik
* who here has a beard?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Todcasil 3,552 61 06/12/07 01:34 AM
by Sheepish

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,655 topic views. 5 members, 14 guests and 104 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.038 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.