Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Libertarianism
    #845002 -

I've been campaigning for local libertarians. I just can't believe that most people who hear about this party's ideas don't jump on the bandwagon. Bringing the government back to the people is something that is so cool it amazes me.
If we can do away with all of the pork-barrel shit we could put the money back into our pockets and decide on our own what we want to do with it. No federally funded bullshit that just ends up in political bank accounts, non-violent 'criminals' taken out of iron cages and put back with their families to be productive citizens once again is only a start of what we can do to give the government back to the people where our founding fathers wanted it to be.

Buzz


--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #845013 -

I've been on the bandwagon since the early 90's they have a great message but lousy politicians to spread it. People like Harry Browne are great speakers but don't want to do what it takes to win...I think that they feel that all they have to do is tell everyone they're libertarians and that's it....i wish they would play the game of politics to at least get elected


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #845161 -

I salute you, my friend, campaigning for people takes time and dedication.

Most people don't realize that with our current political system, they get very little value for their dollars - but they don't have to think or make an effort. If they looked at the facts and figures, they would realize that their charitable dollars would go much further if put through private agencies rather than government bureaucracies. They also neglect to follow the moral implications of political action to their logical conclusions, there is a disconnect in their minds with personal morality and things that they ask the state to do as their representative.

Maybe one day we will meet, I've gone to many libertarian functions through the years - Seminars of Advocates for Self Government, State Party Conventions, supper clubs, manning booths at hemp festivals, etc. I even met my wife at a conference of ISIL (International Society for Individual Liberty).

Keep on spreading the ideas and trying to educate others, the world needs more people like you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #845587 -

I'm a libertarian myself.We don't have the money that the other parties do.That makes it hard to get the word out.Word of mouth is great so tell everyone you know.The fed's overstep their bounds.Check out this site.It's small,but it links to alot of great info concerning individual freedoms.

Mind your own biz.


--------------------
Once the mighty oak,was a nut who held his ground.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #847411 -

I'm a Libertarian. When election time rolls around I change my sig to include the LP.org link.

I'm not sure if it still holds true but I think that durning the last presidential election, the Libertarian Party was the 3rd largest political party in the US ???

As I tell folks...."Don't blame me...I voted Libertarian".

Lana

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: Lana]
    #849169 -

Actually during the last election I think the Green Party got 3 times the amt. of votes as the Libertarian. I like the libertarian party, I found the news about the lib. gov. elect of california having his house raided, and peyote, and marijuana found, amusing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: Lana]
    #853809 -

I'm pretty sure that the Libertarians make up the largest of the 3rd party candidates. Here's my voting philosophy this election and probably all elections from now:

1. Vote for any Libertarian candidate running
THEN
2. Vote for any 3rd party candidate
THEN
3. Any Republicrats running, vote AGAINST the incumbent

That should ensure I'm voting against the 2 (yeah right, they're all the same) parties and even then voting for a fresh face. That's just my newly adopted voting rule, I'm more than willing to listen to other opinions on the subject.

Buzz


--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #854742 -

Foolish. Don't vote for a party name. Vote for the best candidate, if he/she happens to be libertarian so much the better.
Remember, third party candidates is how we wound up with that scumbag Clinton.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #867186 -

I'm registered as a Libertarian, but I vote for individuals if possible. Many republicans are acceptable, especiually from the Republican Liberty Caucus. I would theoretically vote for a democrat, but so far I haven't found one that doesn't want to protect me from my own pesky free will.

I'm considering donating to the greens, just to help keep them going as a nice wedge in the liberal ranks :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #867733 -

Libertarian emphasis on personal freedom is a good thing, and probably something that we can all agree upon. However, as an ardent anti-big-businesser, I would push more for Libertarian Socialism, or some other form of Democratic Marxism.

At the root, though, I'm an environmentalist, and I believe that if we just paid attention--and allegiance--to the laws of natural ecology, we would be much better off.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #868079 -

I gave up on the Libertarian Party years ago. I've observed its progress since 1976, when Roger MacBride was the presidential candidate. I remember asking my father when he thought a Libertarian Party member would be elected to "high office" and he predicted twenty years. We'll guess what folks, the closest we've come in a quarter century(!) is Ron Paul, and he had to campaign as a Republican. I'll be blunt: the Party was dead in the water from day one. It will go the way of the Socialist Party of the early twentieth century. Give it up.

On the other hand, libertarianism as a worldview is alive and increasingly viable. Shit, I'm too tired to expand on my thoughts. I'll be back.


--------------------
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
--Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: wingnutx]
    #868674 -

****so far I haven't found one that doesn't want to protect me from my own pesky free will.****

That free will can be a nasty thing ya know......the libbies will save us from it

Libertarian since 1991


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #869649 -

I hear you!!! The problem with politics today is that it is run by rich, corporate bigwigs who "contribute" to politicians. Taking power away from the federal govt would therefore take power away from them and to the American people.
Also, people should be able to do whatever the hell they want in their own time as long as they dont bother anyone else. i mean, a guy like Ken Lay from Enron screws millions of peoples lives and gets a slap in the wrist and retirement to his billion dollar home while someone with a bag of pot gets 5-10 while he or she is not hurting anyone else by smoking it. What the f**k is wrong with this country???????? Oh yeah--money in politics.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: Acidbear]
    #870378 -

I see labor organizations donating money and supporting the democrats without even consulting the union members on who THEY want to support. It all boils down to money and the 'back-scratching' mentality. The international portion of the labor unions are just as corrupt as the 2 main political parties. It makes me sick.

We need to give the power back to the people and the Libertarians are the only way that I see.

Buzz


--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: Acidbear]
    #870428 -

Money can't currupt an uncorrupt person...the problem is the Politicians..not the money.



--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: Innvertigo]
    #870902 -

Money can't currupt an uncorrupt person

Jeez...how naive you are.


--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: Xlea321]
    #871183 -

It would seem he is far less so than you.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #871450 -

In reply to:
Money can't currupt an uncorrupt person


I agree with that statement, however...it's not always about money...there are many ways to bend a person to your will, and bribery is only one of them, threats of violence / death against yourself or family members are not uncommon.


--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (09/09/02 09:24 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: Xlea321]
    #871522 -

****Jeez...how naive you are.****

I'm a realist. And I'm right. Money would only be exchanged if the person is currupt. Without the curruption there is no bribery.

You probably think that the gun kills people not the one pulling the trigger eh?


--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Libertarianism [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #871877 -

zzzzzzzzz


--------------------
my tax dollars going to more hits of acid for charles manson

Edited by Lallafa (12/23/10 03:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 34 Libertarian arguments debunked silversoul7 2,656 7 05/09/03 05:06 AM
by Phred
* Lets talk about Libertarians
( 1 2 all )
rougescientist 4,077 35 01/18/14 12:29 AM
by lsdkiwi
* A Libertarian's Message Phred 1,279 12 11/03/08 12:50 PM
by buckwheat
* For libertarians: A message of hope Silversoul 1,065 2 07/07/05 12:02 PM
by Redstorm
* Libertarians?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Libertine 15,520 156 08/17/08 05:28 PM
by ScavengerType
* Questions about libertarians DigitalDuality 1,833 13 09/18/04 05:44 AM
by luvdemshrooms
* The libertarian handbook Tao 1,376 9 09/27/04 05:44 PM
by Tao
* What are Libertarian ideals/views?
( 1 2 all )
FileSoup 4,285 32 09/03/03 12:05 PM
by luvdemshrooms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
1,564 topic views. 1 members, 0 guests and 29 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.