Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Need a Band name!
    #8664849 -

so me and my friends have some songs we like to play, about 15 of them, and we're making an EP/getting gigs soon, so we need a pretty finalized band name...

we've gone through several changes, and we want to finally settle on something.

first it was Americana Twostep, then Zoology, now Stella! (from the scene in streetcar named desire when marlon brando is yelling at the top of his lungs STELLLAAAAAA!)

now i like stella! and all, but it doesn't have that, spark, i'm looking for. something that when people see, they can start hearing the music in their head, something eye popping.

basically i'm looking for some ideas from the brilliant minds of you fellow shroomerites!

here's a link to our myspace if you want to listen to get a taste of what we're going for.

http://www.myspace.com/zoologymusic;

:slash:


--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Edited by razmablues (07/21/08 08:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8664855 -

That link didnt work for me but what kinda music do you play, this is crucial when pickin a name.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8664860 -

New Kids on the Block


--------------------
I told Althea that treachery was tearing me limb from limb
Althea told me cool down boy, settle back, easy Jim

Forever Grateful

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: jajapee]
    #8664865 -

The shroomerites:headbang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8664868 -

link should work now, my bad!


--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8664876 -

I like it man it grooves

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665007 -

Laminated Grandpa, butt ugly abraham

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8665016 -

Surreal hallucination

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8665027 -

The Miniature Schnauzers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #8665049 -

Endless Salad
The Wet Noodles
Serenity Now!
Withering Willow
The Brick Stack Band
The Bumbles
Coffin Cart
Winston
Nag Champa
Eagle Bendy
Eagle Lucky
First Resort
Often Awful
Bamboo Yellow
Populicity
Dankenstein
Restroom Jest
The Simmering Lillies
Proof Positive
Hamster Ball
The Out-of-tune band

No I'm just kidding with that last one.  The guitar is way out of tune on the first song on your myspace page.

Edited by BoneMan (07/21/08 09:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8665060 -

Evan said:
Laminated Grandpa



OP would be a fool to not jump on this one.  That's a winning statement/band name if I ever heard one ...

Runner-Up: the Pink-Zeppelin Floyd Council band with special guest Laminated Grandma


--------------------
So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. - Galatians 5:16

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: HB]
    #8665141 -

i like Stella!

I also like Bamboo Yellow, this name really sounds like your sound.

I think you should really go with Bamboo in some way, the more and more i listen to your music.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: HB]
    #8665147 -

thats pretty chill stuff

Breath of Neptune

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: Syle]
    #8665154 -

The Three O'Clock Hustle

TOCH for short.

Edit: I just listened to a song on your myspace. You guys are alright, I dig it.


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: mofo]
    #8665169 -

You should steal names and lyrics and make a lot of money.


--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: BoneMan]
    #8665182 -

BoneMan said:
The Out-of-tune band

No I'm just kidding with that last one.  The guitar is way out of tune on the first song on your myspace page.



:lol: yeah it was a rowdy practice filled with substance abuse.

tuning when you're fucked up sucksssssss

i like the bamboo idea alot tho!!!

this is good brainstorming keep it coming, i'm running alot of these with my bass player


--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665204 -

Man Samba The Ramba is awesome. You guys are actually really good. I'm deeply impressed. After listening to the first song on your MySpace and thinking all of the songs were going to be shitty quality, I was surprised and happy to hear most of your songs sound quite excellent. Your band is really decent too man. I absolutely love the catchy surf garage feel. I gotta say I'm a fan man.

The Psychadelic Yakuza?
The Colored Yakuza?


--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665228 -

The Last Good Tomato
Retarded Cart
Canadian Integration
Ferment
Ebony Weekday
The Anti-Climax
Basic Luck
The Beatkeepers
Psycho Babble
Purple Dirt
Pokerface
The Hopeless Necromantics
Greedy Assholes with Instruments
Frizzy Jew Hair
The Fecal Mishap
Hairy Kneecap
Marathon Bath and the Half-hour Shower
Case Sensitive
Bubble Production
Ban Redaction
Gottaco

*I've had this list of possible band names sitting in a drawer for years...*


--------------------


"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665229 -

93
So when y'all become famous and the interviewer asks you how you came up with the name do you want to respond "some dude named ShROomERbOi420 on a message board gave it to me and I thought it sounded cool"?  Come up with your own name dude.  Something that reflects you, the band as a whole, and most importantly, the music.
93 93/93


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: lavod]
    #8665234 -

deeznutts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Chemistry, Calculus, and Zoology Atheist 627 10 11/25/08 12:19 PM
by Gumby
* Was reading my zoology textbook... The_Ghost 542 14 02/19/09 07:04 PM
by Idiot
* Band Name Origins NewbieS 2,549 15 12/16/08 12:13 AM
by aledos
* Whats the name of the new Dashboard confessional band pscyanescens 1,551 14 07/07/08 09:27 PM
by g00ru
* Grateful Dead: The best band ever
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
GnuBobo 8,410 97 02/10/07 10:17 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Name the bands you have seen live.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
C20H25N3O 9,086 77 02/21/05 11:20 AM
by looner2
* Top ten bands!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
flip3084 3,803 47 01/15/17 10:30 AM
by SonicTitan
* most annoying band ever?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
razmablues 6,035 93 01/17/07 02:26 PM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,307 topic views. 3 members, 4 guests and 120 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.