Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665240 -

The Shitty Beatles


--------------------
]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #8665245 -

StrandedVoyager said:
Man Samba The Ramba is awesome. You guys are actually really good. I'm deeply impressed. After listening to the first song on your MySpace and thinking all of the songs were going to be shitty quality, I was surprised and happy to hear most of your songs sound quite excellent. Your band is really decent too man. I absolutely love the catchy surf garage feel. I gotta say I'm a fan man.

The Psychadelic Yakuza?
The Colored Yakuza?



Man Samba The Ramba is fucking awesome. i really dig that.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: lavod]
    #8665277 -

i dont know, i'm alot more focused on the music itself, the name doesn't need to be very meaningful, just something that describes the sound/feel/vibe of the music, the rest is up to the band to perform well and give the name the respect it deserves.

alot of bands don't have very hip names, but through their music, they've become some of the most classic bands in history, not saying i'm getting famous or anything, but just my logic on it.

and thanks stranded voyager, yeah samba the ramba is pretty cool, that was actually our first rehearsal of it too, it's gotten alot cleaner and has more stuff we do with it.

most of those songs were actually just what we had recorded, by no means the best we can do.


--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665306 -

are you trying to make it to the top
or are you just having fun?


--------------------
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: MVP]
    #8665317 -

nature's creatures

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: BoneMan]
    #8665344 -

The bands bass player here.

Were mainly looking to have fun. were hoping to get our stuff recorded somewhat decently and try and hand out an ep to anyone willing to take it. Its just cool having people listening to our music.

Thanks for good vibes everyone!

Edited by darkstar45 (07/21/08 10:07 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: MVP]
    #8665343 -

just having fun for sure.

nature's creatures has alot of possibilities. but i don't wanna be a stereotyped hippie the instant someone hears the name :hippie:


--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665357 -

Here's your fucking name!


Shockwave Rainbow


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: Snoopapotamus]
    #8665433 -

no doubt, man..get some tracks recorded in a real studio, you can rent 'em out for as little as $20 an hour..hand out as many copies as ya can..next thing ya know, you'll be playing local shows..opening performances, bars, lounges etc.

if you have fun doing it, might as well make some money while yer at it. know what i mean? once you get an image together, the name should come naturally.

one thing though, i noticed none of the songs on yer band page have any lyrics/vocals..wassup with that? lol


--------------------
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: MVP]
    #8665449 -

we haven't really got the whole PA thing down with our mixers and all, so we just put most of our instrumental songs up.

we have about half and half instrumental / with verses.


--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: MVP]
    #8665451 -

the apes from pluto


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: danlennon3]
    #8665515 -

danlennon3 said:
the apes from pluto



haha, that's not bad..i don't think band names should reveal anything about the music you play..leave that up to the listener..


--------------------
"And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665524 -

the cast iron pussy lips


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: razmablues]
    #8665778 -

Nipple Tank
Everyone Looks Good in a Helmet


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: MrBump]
    #8665799 -

Holy shit! You show up at the most random of moments, now. What's up with that?


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: blissedout]
    #8665848 -

I dont know man, I mostly lurk while signed in, only posting when I get the inclination

:shrug:

the fucked up thing about me is that sometimes I will type out a long reply to a post, and then not post it, I will just hit the back button and go read something else.

dont know why....

Edited by MrBump (07/21/08 11:31 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: MrBump]
    #8665939 -

thecornking said:
I dont know man, I mostly lurk while signed in, only posting when I get the inclination

:shrug:

the fucked up thing about me is that sometimes I will type out a long reply to a post, and then not post it, I will just hit the back button and go read something else.

dont know why....



i do that too.


--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: watchoutnow]
    #8665948 -

watchoutnow said:
thecornking said:
I dont know man, I mostly lurk while signed in, only posting when I get the inclination

:shrug:

the fucked up thing about me is that sometimes I will type out a long reply to a post, and then not post it, I will just hit the back button and go read something else.

dont know why....



i do that too.



all the time


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #8665983 -

wrestler_az said:
watchoutnow said:
thecornking said:
I dont know man, I mostly lurk while signed in, only posting when I get the inclination

:shrug:

the fucked up thing about me is that sometimes I will type out a long reply to a post, and then not post it, I will just hit the back button and go read something else.

dont know why....



i do that too.



all the time



...and here I thought I was the only one.

the fucked up thing is that IRL, I am known for not having a filter on my mouth, I will just say whatever comes to mind, inappropriate or otherwise. but here, the finality of hitting that 'submit' button makes me wonder if what I typed is worth reading. why I feel that way, when there is so much worthless shit posted here by attention whores, I will never know.


--------------------
If it weren't for the bloody corpses, I wouldn't have any corpses at all.

There are two ways to get to the top of an oak tree: start climbing or sit on an acorn.

Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Need a Band name! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #8666044 -

wrestler_az said:
watchoutnow said:
thecornking said:
I dont know man, I mostly lurk while signed in, only posting when I get the inclination

:shrug:

the fucked up thing about me is that sometimes I will type out a long reply to a post, and then not post it, I will just hit the back button and go read something else.

dont know why....



i do that too.



all the time



same here


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Chemistry, Calculus, and Zoology Atheist 627 10 11/25/08 12:19 PM
by Gumby
* Was reading my zoology textbook... The_Ghost 542 14 02/19/09 07:04 PM
by Idiot
* Band Name Origins NewbieS 2,549 15 12/16/08 12:13 AM
by aledos
* Whats the name of the new Dashboard confessional band pscyanescens 1,551 14 07/07/08 09:27 PM
by g00ru
* Grateful Dead: The best band ever
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
GnuBobo 8,410 97 02/10/07 10:17 AM
by Psilocybeingzz
* Name the bands you have seen live.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
C20H25N3O 9,086 77 02/21/05 11:20 AM
by looner2
* Top ten bands!!!
( 1 2 3 all )
flip3084 3,803 47 01/15/17 10:30 AM
by SonicTitan
* most annoying band ever?
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
razmablues 6,035 93 01/17/07 02:26 PM
by WhiskeyClone

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,307 topic views. 8 members, 7 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.