Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Possible Forearm injury
    #8481641 -

As part of my exercise routine I've been doing various exercises for my biceps, however one exercise in particular seems like it is doing damage to my arm rather than helping and I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to whats going on. I do various curl exercises with free weights and am fine, however I feel like it is harder for me to increase the weight when doing just a standing dumb bell curl as opposed to using a bar.

I've stopped doing this as it seems to injure me, but I would do curls using an EZ bar with the typical underhand grip you would use. The problem is after a set or two I would encounter pain in my forearms basically from my elbow to my wrist on the outside of the arm. This isn't the typical muscle tightening feeling or anything as it would last weeks afterwards and would hurt to do certain normal actions with. What exactly is going on here? The only thing I could think of is that my forearms arent strong enough for the weight I am doing. I can do overhand curls with the bar and it doesn't hurt at all, I just thought I'd throw that out there even though its not hitting the same muscles. Also I wasn't putting ridiculous amounts of weight on either, just a bit more than what the two typical dumbells I would use weighed. I really want to do this exercise and idk if I am just improperly doing it or I need to build up strength in my forearm more. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* acl injury Wierdc 256 10 04/30/16 04:17 PM
by Kryptos
* Shoulder injury (info needed)
( 1 2 3 4 all )
XUL 4,787 67 07/25/11 04:49 PM
by XUL
* Injuries from weightlifting SteelPanther 341 2 03/26/14 01:21 AM
by Mickalopagus
* Correcting a muscle size imbalance after a wrist injury? Dreaming Nomad 529 7 08/11/14 03:23 PM
by LittleDaddy
* God dam injuries. I hold hands with pain Endure 1,440 19 02/24/14 05:44 AM
by LordSenate
* Shoulder injury
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,973 20 08/03/15 07:47 PM
by Anonymous
* Forearm exercises? skeeter 1,341 18 04/27/07 04:33 PM
by Legend9123
* Hamstring injury - how to treat? PDU 781 4 09/27/13 04:57 PM
by PDU

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
411 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.