Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Th Hunt for Alex Grey
    #8459846 -

Does anyone happen to have LARGE (dektop size) Alex Grey Images? They seem to b pretty hard to find online. Just wondering what I pull from the shroomery  :laugh:

I just got a kick ass program (Desk Space) that lets me have multipe desktops & I want to load it up with the amazing Art of Alex Grey! Thanks!


--------------------


Dedication, Patience & tenacity is the curve that grades a wannabe from a true cultivator. - Agar

“The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
- Socrates

I had to go to the hospital for sinus treatment a couple years ago. I recommended THIS to anyone with sinusitus or nasal problems. It's amazing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: SSM_Arts]
    #8459936 -

1 pic

and another pic but not as big

none are landscape though

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: SSM_Arts]
    #8461780 -

I have a few of his books. I suppose I could scan a piece if you would like. But just one =p so pick your favorite carefully.

Edited by fvccant (05/29/08 09:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: fvccant]
    #8461972 -

oh snap! Thats a fantastic offer, thank you! I don't know the titles. But anything that is panoramic, ya know for a desktop wld be great. I love all his work! Just anything horizontal.


--------------------


Dedication, Patience & tenacity is the curve that grades a wannabe from a true cultivator. - Agar

“The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
- Socrates

I had to go to the hospital for sinus treatment a couple years ago. I recommended THIS to anyone with sinusitus or nasal problems. It's amazing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: SSM_Arts]
    #8461993 -

watching this thread, i had the same problem finding desktops of his art. its incredible how close his art is to real hallucinations.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: uber_aj]
    #8462096 -

yes, it is fucking amazing. He is possibly the greatest artist of our time.


--------------------


Dedication, Patience & tenacity is the curve that grades a wannabe from a true cultivator. - Agar

“The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
- Socrates

I had to go to the hospital for sinus treatment a couple years ago. I recommended THIS to anyone with sinusitus or nasal problems. It's amazing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: fvccant]
    #8462114 -

OH! Except Gaia pleas, i'm not too terribly fond of that one. It's a great idea & hedid a great job... but I think the cross-section red lines messed it up. :tongue:


--------------------


Dedication, Patience & tenacity is the curve that grades a wannabe from a true cultivator. - Agar

“The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
- Socrates

I had to go to the hospital for sinus treatment a couple years ago. I recommended THIS to anyone with sinusitus or nasal problems. It's amazing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: SSM_Arts]
    #8462797 -

I had the honor of seeing his work up close and personal.

Very amazing, and filled with many positive reactions from me.

However the biggest turn-off for me is the symmetry. I am not too big of a fan of symmetry...which results in a sometimes boring viewing experience from me.


--------------------

"I'm looking at you looking at it"

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL PLEASE! www.youtube.com/apollyphelion



Creator of the World's Worst Comic Book

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: SSM_Arts]
    #8463154 -

lol, that one would be bad anyway cause it takes up two pages...which = a crease right in the center.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: fvccant]
    #8463193 -

alex grey is god!!!! i heart alex!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: fvccant]
    #8463196 -

I just got it scanned..about what size is your desktop?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: fvccant]
    #8463737 -

1024x768


--------------------


Dedication, Patience & tenacity is the curve that grades a wannabe from a true cultivator. - Agar

“The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
- Socrates

I had to go to the hospital for sinus treatment a couple years ago. I recommended THIS to anyone with sinusitus or nasal problems. It's amazing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: fvccant]
    #8463782 -


Edited by fvccant (05/30/08 01:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: fvccant]
    #8463888 -

Many Thanks. If you ever get bored feel free to upload more :laugh:


--------------------


Dedication, Patience & tenacity is the curve that grades a wannabe from a true cultivator. - Agar

“The only true wisdom is knowing that you know nothing.”
- Socrates

I had to go to the hospital for sinus treatment a couple years ago. I recommended THIS to anyone with sinusitus or nasal problems. It's amazing!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: Apollyphelion]
    #8464512 -

Apollyphelion said:
However the biggest turn-off for me is the symmetry. I am not too big of a fan of symmetry...which results in a sometimes boring viewing experience from me.



I have this problem too....
Symmetry has it's place, but if overused, it gets very boring and monotonous....


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #8472228 -

i still believe alex grey has a lot of growing to do in his art. he has found a $ niche and he doesn't break from it. his stuff, at first is cool, but the merit of it wears off so damn quick.


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Th Hunt for Alex Grey [Re: Syle]
    #8472368 -

Every artist has growing to do, as do we all....    Otherwise stagnation occurs....
Different pieces of art from different people connect with me at different times in my life....
Looking at every painting created by an artist all at once is like listening to every song by a band that has created many albums, all at once....
The style can get on your nerves if it is not a moderated intake....
It can get difficult to notice the finer details among what may have become the mundane to your senses....

However, everyone does have their own individual tastes and likes....
Your opinion is no less or no more important than mine....  :thumbup:  :thumbdown:
That is just my current developing "understanding" of art, as I grow....

Personally, I really like Alex's works, and is one of my favs....
His style consists of elements that I have never seen in anyone else's art....
He does, however, seem to be dwelling in the "skinless" style for a while now, and it would be nice to see something new and refreshing from him....


>^;;^<


--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New PhotoShop DeskTop (visual art) [New image added] Anisotropic 2,412 19 04/06/05 09:09 AM
by Anisotropic
* in need of a new desktop wallpaper! HidingInPlainSight 3,376 16 10/25/03 12:39 AM
by Strumpling
* Post your Desktop Picture
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Blastrid 15,410 92 09/12/04 04:12 PM
by Redcap
* 1024X768 Desktop Picture (Two now - updated) Strumpling 1,802 10 12/04/02 07:03 PM
by Strumpling
* Pic Strumpling 1,029 8 09/20/03 01:23 AM
by Strumpling
* Alex Grey is gonna be in LA
( 1 2 all )
Noviseer 3,114 33 03/13/05 03:46 PM
by vampirism
* Gallery of the Sensis: ALex Grey, etc. mjshroomer 1,196 9 05/26/03 02:45 AM
by mjshroomer
* Alex Grey *DELETED* Demon 1,105 9 09/29/03 06:43 PM
by Blastrid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,868 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.053 seconds spending 0.03 seconds on 16 queries.