Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Michigan Morel Find?
    #8441567 -

Hey, Ive been looking around for any kind of fungi I can find, its been good weather lately but I havent found anything of interest, until today. I was walking around near a golf course when I found a small hedge like inlet, here I saw what I think is a morel, however it is a bit misshapen. The cap instead of going straight up, goes up for about an inch and half and then extends out in front. Ive been told it may be a half-free morel? My main question would be is this safe to eat? *cooked of course*


PS. There were some, for lack of a scientific name, rolley-poleys crawling around when I cut it in half, does this mean anything?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Michigan Morel Find? [Re: Paulrus]
    #8441738 -

It is a morel.Rinse off the bugs.Cook the morel.Eat the morel.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Michigan Morel Find? [Re: DannyGlick]
    #8441783 -

I'd soak it in cold water for a half hour or so before cooking it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Michigan Morels 2005 zi1iz 990 10 05/14/05 04:58 PM
by YidakiMan
* michigan morels dobinky 1,215 1 05/10/03 10:20 PM
by ToxicMan
* Unusually huge Morel finds in Michigan tranced2 1,478 2 05/18/03 07:37 PM
by Anonymous
* Morel season 2004 picture collection... ATWAR 4,912 5 06/10/04 08:06 AM
by Bolwarra
* Michigan Shroomin Hunt Chiefbluntsmoker 698 2 03/30/06 04:20 PM
by shroomydan
* morels in michigan THEDANGLER 806 1 04/05/05 02:07 PM
by Gumby
* Half-free morel, Verpa bohemica, and indicator species... ATWAR 7,703 8 05/03/04 11:38 PM
by Stymee
* Morel season has offically begun in Georgia!!!! (w/PICS)
( 1 2 all )
Lizard King 5,134 27 03/23/03 12:51 PM
by Xalo

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
626 topic views. 0 members, 22 guests and 60 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.