Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
what i found in my village... + piCs need ID
    #823472 -

hello

while at my village I looked and fined lots of shrooms
have a look


Im pretty sure thats a Paneolus,but not sure which one
It grew on cow shits




Those are some tasty semilanceatas

But not all of them
you see i have ordered them so the ones on the upper side are semilanceatas
and the white ones I dont know what they are
Those two at the other side seem to me like another specie,too
Peace



--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #823499 -

i dont see no liberty caps


--------------------
This place is gayer than when the balls touch

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #823842 -

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #824399 -

Out of your group shot I see what looks like several Panaeolus (I don't know what species), a couple probable Conocybes (close to C. lactea) and the white gilled ones look like some sort of Mycenas. I'm not good at Panaeolus, but I don't see any obvious blue bruising so I would guess that you found a bunch of inactive ones. None of them resemble Psilocybe semilanceata to me.


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: ToxicMan]
    #824636 -

damn

I was so sure those big ones are liberty caps
And the one that grew on the cow shit is paneolus what ?
And the others ?
If not semilanceatas.that are they ?
Please help cause ive already dried them and thoght of eating them


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #824640 -

I found the big ones on a grassy lawn and the brown little ones in a really humid area in a cow shit.The white ones I found were around the shit,but not in it
The two that are more reddish like I found in a lawn

Thanks


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #824961 -

My best guess would be Panaeolus acuminatus. I haven't been able to find a photo of it, but the description is reasonable. As I said before, I haven't concentrated much on Panaeolus, so my ID should not be considered terribly accurate.

Look around on the net a bit. There is a great deal of information on identification on mushrooms. The more you know the more likely it is that you will succeed.


--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: ToxicMan]
    #825093 -

for which ones ?
thanks for the suggestion tho
it will probably help a experienced mycologist make the right desicion here


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #825304 -

Ok, i would say that the mushroom in the first pic,
on the chunk of dung, is Psilocybe coprophilla.
A non-active dung dwelling mushroom.

On the other picture, you have a mixed collection.
I do not believe there are any Psilocybe semilanceata.
Mixed collection.
The mushroom with the darkest band around the cap,
Looks a bit like Psilocybe mexicana.

Where abouts did you find these?
Country?
In a pasture or lawn or what?
Spore colors?

Keep shroomin,
GGreatOne234

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #825508 -

Where abouts did you find these?
As you see the shrooms on the second and third pic are three kinds
The one that have darker spores ( and are the most ) I found in grasslands and the little ones on cow shit
The others that are more reddish on field
The whiter ones I found around the dung I found the first ones ( that I though are semilanceatas )

Country?

BULGARIA

In a pasture or lawn or what?

The three big ones on a forest way near pastures, the reddish ones ( the 2 mushrooms ) on pasture and the others in the cow dung andaround it in a forest way,where it was really humid

Spore colors?

What I did is threw the reddish and white ones and dried the ones I though are liberty caps.


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #826272 -

The first picture is a stropharia.

not Psilocybe coprophila as GGREATONE234 suggested.

The three erreal long mushrooms look like a Panaeolus of Copelandia, but, Copelandia does not come from Bulgaria so they are Panaeolus.

Now for a shocker Mr TOAD<

Liberty caps grow in tall rank grasses in pasturelands and they grow attached to the roots of grass not manure. So you can rule out manure heaps as a source for mushrooms in your country.

Also, there are three species of psychoactive Inocybes in your country but I would avoid those as there are many other Inocybe mushrooms which are very toxic but bnot deadly,, but if you ate a bad Inocybe you wold go tot he hpospital for a while.

Stick to the liberty caps. Look at pictures at my sight. The stems are a straw color, the cap is olive brown fading to a steraw-yellow in drying. There is a film over the cap of the liberty caps which is like a mucous memberane. It peels off like wet skin. their may be lines of gills showing through the caps of the libertycaps in the sunlight.

Some light bluing may occur int he stem after handling. The caps margin is incurved and they leave no ring. They can get to 5 inches in height.

check the images at my sight,

http://mjshroomer.yage.net/species.htm

and click on {PSilocybe semilanceata.

mj

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: T0aD]
    #826396 -



--------------------
Hugs and Kisses!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: mjshroomer]
    #827063 -

thanks
it seems like I should throw the dried ones
I was so exited I will eat my own shrooms


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: Macey Howard]
    #827067 -

than vote for me


--------------------
Cuba Libre

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: what i found in my village... + piCs need ID [Re: T0aD]
    #827401 -

Nice finds. Definately more than I've been able to come up with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Another new psylocibe at my lawn (pics) ID Help MAIA 2,806 9 12/01/01 09:06 AM
by mjshroomer
* A mushroom hunting report+pics,ID please&questions T0aD 3,440 9 07/30/02 01:45 AM
by T0aD
* Non-pic id needed, first timer spliffguru 1,264 2 10/03/02 05:45 PM
by spliffguru
* Blue Shroom pic ID please SalviaEngland 2,381 6 05/01/02 01:11 AM
by DaMigraine
* mushies in cow dung, need ID knee_grow 4,104 11 02/26/03 09:56 AM
by GGreatOne234
* Psilocybe coprophila pictorial Lizard King 3,123 12 07/28/01 10:56 AM
by Lizard King
* Tricholomataceae (?) Find in FL, help with id plz MagmaManiac 2,864 12 06/05/03 07:52 PM
by MagmaManiac
* Need help ID'ing kiwi shrooms.... Peace_Patrol 5,365 15 03/23/06 05:03 PM
by SleepAid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
2,054 topic views. 2 members, 8 guests and 55 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.041 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.