Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Bowl/Piece Repair
    #8212275 -

So I have a little bubbler that broke 5 days after purchasing it. I was rinsing it out in the sink and I dropped it like 3 inches and it broke clean in half. I held onto the two broken pieces for about 2 months in hopes that I might find someone who does glass blowing. Dunno why it never occurred to me until like 2 days ago to try to find glass-to-glass adhesive.

I used Gorilla Glue on this and it worked perfectly. Today, after letting it set for a full 24 hours, I was able to remove the excess glue from the inside with a toothpick. Now my little bubbler is back and kickin.

Any of you have a good tip for piece repair?



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: citricacidx]
    #8212308 -

Nice, is that safe?


--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: citricacidx]
    #8212314 -

that bubbler is really small

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: Atheist]
    #8212338 -

It's cute


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #8212351 -

Part of the thing was looking for a glue that was waterproof, heat resistant and non-toxic. This stuff is both waterproof and heat resistant, but no where can I find anything about it's toxicity either way. But thats one reason I removed the inside excess glue so I wouldn't risk inhaling any odd glue fumes. Now any glue that is actually in it is sandwhiched between the glass and I believe it to be safe. Also, no flame will ever directly touch it, so I think it'll be fine.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: citricacidx]
    #8212405 -

mini bub hits very well and has a huge bowl. like even for a regular sized piece. Only problem with it is you have to tilt your head so you don't burn your nose and/or mustache if you got it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: citricacidx]
    #8212500 -

citricacidx said:
Only problem with it is you have to tilt your head so you don't burn your nose and/or mustache if you got it



I hate when that happens.


--------------------
大开眼界

:awegroove:
:fbsnugs::fbsnugs::fbsnugs:
Hasta siempre, comandante.
:mattz:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: citricacidx]
    #8213268 -

be more careful next time
:crankey:


--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #8213281 -

i watched a girl start her hair on fire while sparking a bong....it was hilarious to say the least.

anyone else ever get pestered by the glass peddlers who arent afraid to drop their shit from waist level then say "see unbreakable" then you buy a piece drop it like 6 inches accidentally and the fucker shatters...how does this happen :mad2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #8213793 -

i was bein careful. like I said, I dropped it less than three inches. Every piece as a single weak point where if somehow that's where it hits, it will break.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Bowl/Piece Repair [Re: citricacidx]
    #8213803 -

gorilla glue is crazyawesome

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Thinking of buying a new piece. License_to_Chill 1,725 16 03/08/06 09:26 PM
by coda
* Glass pipe repair TheShroomHermit 489 2 01/11/06 07:23 PM
by eligal
* Do you bust your chron when you pack a bowl?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
duggan18 9,136 110 03/07/06 01:17 PM
by lukeboots
* I broke my bowl today richismalls 1,300 14 05/13/04 09:50 PM
by gdman
* Free glass piece bowl or otherwise to the best graphic designer, ends tonight. at midnight cst
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 3,464 35 11/17/04 03:35 AM
by synthesis
* Lets Hear Your Piece's names
( 1 2 3 all )
Blek 3,272 41 10/12/05 10:00 PM
by memes
* Buying a new piece SuperLazy 843 11 03/29/04 01:38 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* can't find a bowl anywhere! Krishna 612 11 02/07/06 12:34 PM
by HELLA_TIGHT

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
752 topic views. 4 members, 18 guests and 226 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.