Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I BROKE MY FOOT :(
    #8175239 -

This is soo not cool. Me, my 6 year old son, and our dog were running around in the woods yesterday. We were jumpin over things, crossing small creeks, and just admiring what a beautifull day it was here in indiana. I saw a spot in the creek where it was really narrow, so i decided i wanted to jump over it. It wasn't a big jump, but i didn't notice that the ground was soaking wet on the otherside instead of dry and solid like the side i was on.

I told my son i was going to jump over it and he told me not to lol. My last words were, "hey bud. watch this!" I jumped over the small 4 foot gap, but when i landed my leg went about a foot into the mud, the bad part was my foot only went 6 inches into the mud. So i broke my ankle somehow. I passed out from the pain for a second. When i came out of it, i could feel my foot in the wrong position. I have never felt that much pain in my life, and i have misplaced vertabre in my spine, pulled back muscles, ripped my shoulder out of socket, and stabbed my foot with a 3 inch nail. Anyways

I was in so much pain i couldn't move, i couldn't think. My son yelled to me if i was alright. I had to tell him i was fine so he wouldn't freek out. He is only 6 mind you. I told him that i probably broke my foot, but i was ok, and i was going to call mommy and tell her what happend so don't worry cause i was fine. He said, ok ill go get some sticks so you can use it to walk with. I thought that was a great idea, so while i called my wife, he went and found me some sturdy fallen peices of wood. Thank god for cell phones.

He found 2 but i had to break them for my hight. It was soooo hard to do this because of the intense pain. Thank god i was a little stoned from earlier that day, or i don't think i could have managed the pain. I only made it about 30 feet, the pain was to much and the adrinalin was wearing off. Thats when a retired cop that i have known for a while jogged close to use. He spotted me and came over to help. He called the parks department to get a atv back there to get me out, and a ambulance to take me to the hospitol. At that point i was in shock. I was on the verge of puking, i was shaking in a cold sweat, and i could barly see streight. I can't tell you how much pain i was in.

The atv showed up like 20 minutes later, then pulled up and got us all out of the woods. We got to the ambulance and i met the coolest emt's. They were trying to joke with me so i would know that i was fine. they injected me with some fairly ok stuff and we waited for my wife to get to the park to take our son and the dog. I wasn't dieing or anything, so it was fine to wait at that point. She got there, then we drove to the hospitol.

When i got to the hospitol, the looked at my ankle and thought i broke it in 3 places. they gave me 3 shots in my iv. I don't know what they gave me, but OMG. That was the best shit i have ever had lol. It lasted like 6 hours. I have never felt that good in my life, and i have taken some good stuff in the past. Anyways

They sent me to x-ray and took some shots of my foot. It turns out that i ripped the legamints in my foot off. The bone connecting them broke off the main bones as well. I have to go to a specialist asap. I have to give them a call today. They gave me 750mg viccodins, put a big plastic boot on my foot and gave me crutches. I went home last night and passed out. I woke up like 20 minutes ago and had to tell my story. It was a freaking trip lol. Anyways, thanks for listening to my story, im going to hobble upstairs and make a snadwitch.

Oh! the suck part. My wife is 9 months pregnant and she is due any minute. We are so screwed now. I have no idea how we are going to get this baby home when it comes. I am going to go into surgery and it will take months for me to heal. I am on unemployment already, but i had to call my part time delivery job and tell them what happened. There goes that extra money :frown: My wife is so upset about all this, because now i can't take care of her and the baby for the 2 weeks she is home after having the baby and bed ridden. Thank god we have family in the town we live in. I am going to have to call in a bunch of favors. Again, thanks for listening to me, i had to write this all down. It is all kind of funny now that i am home. Funny in a OH CRAP kind of way.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8175265 -

AAAH!  YOu fucked your ankle up too!  I know the feeling, when you wake up you can't even talk because of the pain you're just screaing "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"


Sounds like the rest is a shitty deal though man. :frown:  I hope all goes well with your new child, and remember no matter what you can get through most anything if you focus on it.  Even with a messed up ankle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Maverick]
    #8175286 -

Wow.
That was intense.

I hope your ankle is better soon!
Congratulations on the soon to be born baby
:smileyfrog:

It sounds like your 6 year old son knew something you didn't


--------------------

“You've got as many lives as you like, and more, even ones you don't want.” - George Harrison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8175289 -

sucks about your foot man, at least your kid was smart and was able to help somewhat. good job on that one.

as far as your wife's pregnancy, i wish you the best. "routine" pregnancies are difficult, so going through yours will be extremely strenuous as i'm sure you know. good luck!

:irishtoast:


--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8175293 -

that sucks man, I feel for ya

you have a smart kid:cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8175362 -

That sucks balls, but at least you got a nice high out of it :P

In some ways I wish I had alot of money, I'd send you a few bucks to do my little part to help out a stranger, I'd do the same with any shroomery person in need.

But im poor lol :/


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: stefan]
    #8175381 -

That does suck. I've broken my ankle twice so I know the pain. Only time I got a shot of something that sounds that good though was another time on the way to the burn center. (I've done a lot of stupid shit lol) It was Demerol. That is some good shit that I'd love to have more of. :grin: Not if I have to get it that way however.

Your timing does sound terrible indeed. Wish ya the best with it all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: TripityDooDaDay]
    #8175400 -

Thanks for the kind words all.

Yea, my son is pretty smart. My wife and mother in law are teachers. I was in the marine corps, and i have taught him about all there is i know about wilderness stuff, how to help injured people, and what to do in emergencies. We go out to the woods alot and i teach him what plants are what, what mushrooms you can eat, what plants can be good for, how to build shelters, and some first aid. Im glad i have taken the time to teach him all that, because he didn't freek out at all, he just went to work like i showed him. Most of all i taught him that he should never never pank in a situation like that, because it doesnt help anyone if you panic.

Again, thank you for the nice words. Yes, i am happy and stuffed with viccodin right now. I can't get out to the garage to smoke a bowl, but im fine. :smile:


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8176151 -

I bet you're actually on 7.5mg vicodin....although I wish that there was actually 750mg vicodin!  :wink:

Sucks about your foot.  Not too long ago, I did something similar too mine with the ligaments....called an avulsion fracture.  Hope it heals up quicker for you than it did for me!


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Liz]
    #8176374 -

how long did it take for you to heal? did you have to get surgury?


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8179387 -

OUCH! Makes me remember the time i snapped my foot. UH!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: SheikCorp]
    #8179753 -

christ! that fuckin blows. ive never broken a bone but im sure that would hurt like no other. your kid sounds pretty fuckin smart for a 6 year old! and congrats on the one on the way. hope everything heals nicely!!


--------------------
"The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real. It is by the real that we exist, it is by the ideal that we live."

If you want to get a hold of me, my email address is in my profile. Just click on my screen name. I got banned from using private messages cause I didn't follow the rules... :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8180608 -

I had a level 3 tear in all three areas of my ankle along with some achilles damage a few years back when I landed on a guy's foot playing basketball. Every time I went in to have it looked at, they'd marvel and bring other doctors in to check it out. They called it a "perfect storm" . I was screaming like a banshee before I even hit the ground, so I hear you there.  But I walked out on that mug, and further added to my legacy. :grin:

Mine still hurts from time to time, but hopefully you heal well and quickly. Good luck man, and if you ever want any tips on how to help it heal with natural  techniques, go ahead and PM me.

Peace


--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I BROKE MY FOOT :( [Re: Kada]
    #8180615 -

LordOfChaos said:
how long did it take for you to heal? did you have to get surgury?



No, I did not have surgery. It probably would have healed better if I had actually stayed off of it and used my crutches, but I hated them. It took about a week or so for the pain to subside to a level that was more annoying than actually painful. There are still days that it hurts though, and it happened almost a year ago I think. At least 6 months.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I broke my bong! YthanA 3,564 19 04/16/09 09:37 AM
by Adden
* FUCK! Broke another toe...(WARNING: graphic)...updated: pics Gumby 2,806 15 07/09/07 10:49 PM
by Gumby
* A piece of glass penetrated my foot
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,035 30 06/27/05 01:10 PM
by Rose
* Guy at work broke his foot yesterday LethalX5 852 7 10/13/05 10:01 AM
by ShroomArtist84
* So I broke my toe today Gumby 827 9 05/06/07 01:51 PM
by Gumby
* Back & Ligament pain MR14 228 1 01/08/12 11:33 PM
by MADHACK3RZ
* What Bones Have You Broke?
( 1 2 3 all )
Jackal 4,208 45 03/28/06 09:49 AM
by kilroy69
* Broke my wrist Corporal Kielbasa 992 13 02/14/07 11:15 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,395 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 169 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.