Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: MOTH]
    #8044251 -

you read my mind frobot :birthday:


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8044252 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
I got up and walked to the window. Looked at the clouds and exclaimed, Wow! And then I just said it ten times or so, looking at things and saying wow! Finally I looked at my hands and said, Wow! Monkey! Look at you! Monkey! Monkey! I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. There I am! I said. That's me! Alive! Look at you! Monkey!



I know that feeling all too well.

Have you ever tripped by the ocean?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: idiotek]
    #8044505 -

Thanks for sharing robot! Good write up.


--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!




I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #8044519 -

one thing i dont get is how you manage to always stand up on the stuff


thats a no go for me


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: notapillow]
    #8044880 -

notapillow said:
one thing i dont get is how you manage to always stand up on the stuff


thats a no go for me



Same. Even on shrooms.

I always know when I'm peaking cause my mind goes "Oh shit! Must find couch!"


--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: g00ru]
    #8044975 -

Quote:
Terence McKenna said:

What can be said of DMT as an experience and in relation to our own spiritual emptiness? Does it offer us answers? Do the short-acting tryptamines offer an analogy to the ecstasy of the partnership society before Eden became a memory? And if they do, then what can we say about it?

What has impressed me repeatedly during my many glimpses into the world of the hallucinogenic indoles, and what seems generally to have escaped comment, is the transformation of narrative and language. The experience that engulfs one's entire being as one slips beneath the surface of the DMT ecstasy feels like the penetration of a membrane. The mind and the self literally unfold before one's eyes. There is a sense that one is made new, yet unchanged, as if one were made of gold and had just been recast in the furnace of one's birth. Breathing is normal, heartbeat steady, the mind clear and observing. But what of the world? What of incoming sensory data?

Under the influence of DMT, the world becomes an Arabian labyrinth, a palace, a more than possible Martian jewel, vast with motifs that flood the gaping mind with complex and wordless awe. Color and the sense of a reality-unlocking secret nearby pervade the experience. There is a sense of other times, and of one's own infancy, and of wonder, wonder and more wonder. It is an audience with the alien nuncio. In the midst of this experience, apparently at the end of human history, guarding gates that seem surely to open on the howling maelstrom of the unspeakable emptiness between the stars, is the Aeon.

The Aeon, as Heraclitus presciently observed, is a child at play with colored balls. Many diminutive beings are present there--the tykes, the self-transforming machine elves of hyperspace. Are they the children destined to be father to the man? One has the impression of entering into an ecology of souls that lies beyond the portals of what we naively call death. I do not know. Are they the synesthetic embodiment of ourselves as the Other, or of the Other as ourselves? Are they the elves lost to us since the fading of the magic light of childhood? Here is a tremendum barely to be told, an epiphany beyond our wildest dreams. Here is the realm of that which is stranger than we can suppose. here is the mystery, alive, unscathed, still as new for us as when our ancestors lived it fifteen thousand summers ago. The tryptamine entities offer the gift of new language, they sing in pearly voices that rain down as colored petals and flow through the air like hot metal to become toys and such gifts as gods would give their children. The sense of emotional connection is terrifying and intense. The Mysteries revealed are real and if ever fully told will leave no stone upon another in the small world we have gone so ill in.

This is not the mercurial world of the UFO, to be invoked from lonely hilltops; this is not the siren song of lost Atlantis wailing through the trailer courts of crack-crazed America. DMT is not one of our irrational illusions. What we experience in the presence of DMT is real news. It is a nearby dimension-- frightening, transformative, and beyond our powers to imagine, and yet to be explored in the usual way. We must send fearless experts, whatever that may come to mean, to explore and to report on what they find.





--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8046039 -

On my next DMT trip, I want to be already confused on a lot of hallucinogens.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Smoked some DMT, coming down from it as I type this.. [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8046044 -

its funny, almost bizarre, how similar break through dmt trips are, from person to person. there are always little differences, but from what ive seen tne core nitty gritty of a good out there dmt trip are generally the same.

i see it differently... not as rugs, but as toys. match box cars, jacks, playing cards, dice, etc... in any sense, they are gifts from the faces you describe, or the elves i have met. they are not meant as a distraction, or at least as far as i can tell from what i have experienced... but as gifts. in wanting to go beyond these gifts... getting to the meaning behind them, and what exactly we are supposed to do with them, is when they become a distraction. we must first learn how to accept them, in order to get past them.

:grin:


--------------------
how's your WOW?





  Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* 5-Meo-DMT AuroricDistortions 1,332 5 02/20/04 03:05 PM
by shroom_muncher
* Quitting Smoking
( 1 2 all )
JustSomeGuy 4,435 20 07/23/16 08:38 AM
by Buddy Boy
* best smoking devise
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 8,404 35 01/07/04 09:53 PM
by notapillow
* Post deleted by Administrator Anonymous 1,932 14 02/15/03 06:00 PM
by Sheepish
* Marc Emory comes to Windsor trendalM 2,641 19 09/01/03 04:55 PM
by JuggaJoe
* I Come in Peace mjshroomer 614 7 03/09/04 08:09 PM
by notapillow
* Post deleted by Anno
( 1 2 all )
Anonymous 4,947 26 02/02/03 08:16 AM
by Revelation
* nitrous typing test notapillow 1,852 18 11/30/03 08:45 PM
by WakeboardrB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
5,561 topic views. 0 members, 16 guests and 112 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 17 queries.