Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Do you preview your posts?
    #8016646 -

I've stopped previewing posts. I feel like previewing what you post is a way of second guessing yourself.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016651 -

Only sometimes.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016652 -

I'm usually too lazy to uncheck the preview box.. So i preview all my posts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: DiabloSmurf]
    #8016654 -

DiabloSmurf said:
I'm usually too lazy to uncheck the preview box.. So i preview all my posts.



It doesn't have to be checked by default if you go into your preferences in My Home and change it. There's lots of interesting ways to tweak yer Shroomery experience in there.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016662 -

Depends if I think someone will be critical of my post.  Basicly when I know I'm being an asshole.  :evil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016670 -

Haha... this is a "pet" subject to me.

Not a pet peeve, but just something I'm finicky about when it comes to posting.

I almost always follow a format of:

Write,
Post,
re-read actual post, (not the preview)
edit if I desire a change.

I believe it has something to do with the way I don't feel like a post is actually in need of re-checking until it's actually out and in the hands of a receiver. Some kind of weird OCD thing where, even though i know that the preview post option is available, I don't want to re-read it until it's actually posted.

OR it might have developed from spending time in more active forums where I am more concerned with getting a fresh response in while a conversing poster is still present on the thread and therefore able to respond promptly.

Hmmm... I dunno why I do what i do, but I do pretty much always do it. :wink:

-jC :heart:

:posts this post without previewing:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016683 -

If it has more than one sentence, yes always.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8016742 -

Why preview it when you can just re-read what you wrote before pressing continue? :sherlock:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: Lion]
    #8016753 -

if it's a longer post that i feel might be confusing i'll reread it in the post box. i only preview if theres like html or important spacing or something in the post so i know that it comes up right.


--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: Lion]
    #8016781 -

Lion said:
Why preview it when you can just re-read what you wrote before pressing continue? :sherlock:



Because you see it as others will, quotes, smileys and all.


--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8016791 -

JacquesCousteau said:
Write,
Post,
re-read actual post, (not the preview)
edit if I desire a change.



i'm exactly the same way.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #8016792 -

For some reason hearing about everyone's posting habits cracks me up!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016802 -

Me too


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016808 -

Always. That way, I can correct any spelling/punctuation mistakes I may make. But sometimes I don't catch them all even after previewing the post. :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #8016829 -

tiny_rabid_birds said:
JacquesCousteau said:
Write,
Post,
re-read actual post, (not the preview)
edit if I desire a change.



i'm exactly the same way.



Yes.. We are kindred souls. This confirms it. :wink: I've suspected ever since I saw your tin foil hat contest entry! :yesnod:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8016835 -

No I can't stand that option. I wanna take it out forever instead of always having to un check it.!


--------------------
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!
Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam!


There exists one lie that is the absolute worst. A lie that has successfully infiltrated many of the Western governments. This lie is Christianity, and it must be fought in every way, shape and form. Burn the churches and kill the priests. The abomination that is Christianity must be wiped from this Earth.





4-Methyl-Aminorex

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016841 -

I do...I have it on auto-preview :smirk:

I probably change about 90% of my posts in the preview process. Sometimes it is simple spelling errors, sometimes I'll change an entire section if I don't like how it reads. Sometimes I'll even turn down my post in it's entirety...and just not post it.

You may think of this as second-guessing myself - maybe it is - but it is a natural part of how I do everything. I always second-guess (and sometimes third, and fourth, ect...) what I do, because there is always something I may miss during the "first pass" of available data. I've done (and thought like) this for as long as I can remember.


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: hpi]
    #8016868 -

hpi said:
No I can't stand that option. I wanna take it out forever instead of always having to un check it.!



Go to My Home, preferences.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: MOTH]
    #8016871 -

No but I have an uncontrollable habit of mousing over my ratings every time I go into a thread :shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Do you preview your posts? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #8016903 -

JacquesCousteau said:
tiny_rabid_birds said:
JacquesCousteau said:
Write,
Post,
re-read actual post, (not the preview)
edit if I desire a change.



i'm exactly the same way.



Yes.. We are kindred souls. This confirms it. :wink: I've suspected ever since I saw your tin foil hat contest entry! :yesnod:



:lol: star-crossed posters, standing firm against the norm.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Why don't you post in OTD? Senor_Doobie 3,811 15 02/12/03 06:53 AM
by Shroomism
* Topic Subjects too general/vauge (ex: DEX, OXY) PsillyNilly 775 2 11/21/04 06:35 PM
by Phychotron
* ignore this post, im just trying to get my signature working JhadAgainstReality 1,768 14 08/10/03 03:55 PM
by Meph
* amazing grateful dead quotes-please post some here!
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
flanders53 60,523 81 06/04/24 06:13 AM
by Consigliere
* Posting Blues Ripple 961 9 09/05/03 05:52 PM
by Ripple
* Sometimes I think I'd like to watch it burn... PapaverS 2,146 6 06/02/03 07:09 AM
by Anonymous
* Post ur PIPES n Smokin Stuff HERE!
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
daba 76,454 255 03/29/17 07:10 PM
by Green7Alchemist
* the pub is infested with post whores
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Senor_Doobie 10,786 70 03/08/23 11:04 AM
by starfire_xes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,620 topic views. 2 members, 19 guests and 158 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.011 seconds on 18 queries.