Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinejkp
Stranger
Some help needed...
    #797247 - 08/05/02 08:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi everyone!

I'm going to try qrowing in "special" chest-type freezer. There is 18watts fluorecent tube which are separated by glas on top(sealed). The rest of freezer are the qrowing area, bottom perlite, akvarium pumps and water bottle. Sun lights can't go inside, is that problem? Other comments are very wellcome too.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
Re: Some help needed... [Re: jkp]
    #797509 - 08/05/02 10:47 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

your not going to turn the freezer on are you?

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

OfflineBleedingSickness
Friend OfAttention Whore
Loc: Northern USA
Re: Some help needed... [Re: jkp]
    #797596 - 08/05/02 11:54 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well mushrooms don't need direct sunlight really of any sort in fact they grow in my room and get nearly 0 real sunlight they are quite happy with artificial sunlight in my experiences but umm if those lights are on top of the freezer does that mean their part of the freezer???? Mushrooms dont' get energy from sunlight like alot of plants do but they do need a degree of light so that the mycelium knows it's time to pump out some mushrooms your flourescent lights should work fine they enjoy light with alot of blue mmmmmmmmm be cautious of any lights that give off alot of warmth/heat they can damage your cakes

If so how are you going to work this you can't really turn the freezer on cuz that'll cool it down and being as how it's a freezer I would say the growth would be 0000000 mine grow under a blue colored light and only get bulb light when I go into my room and turn the light on their in a fish tank setup. Is your plan to run a plug outside of the freezer and turn the lights on or what exactly is your plan for that??? I think it'd actually work quite well because freezers lock pretty airtight the only problem being you really really will have to sterilize that sucker as freezers hold bacteria like no tomorrow but once you get it done I think it'll work GREAT.

Offlinejkp
Stranger
Re: Some help needed... [Re: BleedingSickness]
    #799322 - 08/06/02 07:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

No, I'm not turn the freezer on! I chooce freezer becouse mushrooms are there hidden on my curious visitors and it is quite big (220 liter). Fluorecent tube is "high blue sprectra"-type. Just right?? It is inside freezer and mushrooms don't qet any natural light. Between bottom and top is glass. Glass separates freezer on two chambers... "Light chamber" is air tight and its cooled with fan (fan holes are backside) One akvarium pump pumps air inside trough the water and second pumps air outside also trough the water. I think that system don't need extra ventilation??? What do you think? How long I must keep lights on day? (12/12h?) Can I use white rise powder? I have in this moment only white rise powder and vermiculite. Do I have anything else options?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation