Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!)
    #792047 - 08/02/02 06:19 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I have been on a road trip for the past week, drove up to minnesota(my home state) to see my grandpa, he is very sick with cancer and is not doing well at all. Despite the reason I was there I was able to find some good in the trip. Peering out the truck window as I drove across the country side I spotted what appeared to be marijuna plants growing by the roadside in ditch next to a wheat field. I turned around and pulled off in the ditch to get a better look and sure enough it was wild Cannabis, still growing strong even though its been 60 years since it was grown commercially for hemp during the second world war(Hemp for victory) I snappend some pics, and of course some flowering tops aswell, even though they are far from ready to harvest, there were still some decent buds on a few of them. Out of curiosity I smoked a little after letting it dry and was suprised that it was about the same in quality as mexican brickweed, nothing great at all, but not having smoked pot in a month or so, I definitely felt the effects. Nothing to brag about at all, definitely still schwag ditchweed, but better than I expected.

BTW: though I was in minnesota, I was right on the south dakota border in a little house on the prarie type region, a world of its own that I thought was long gone and no longer exsisted, but thats another story. I only found small clusters of the ditchweed in this area, and it was hard as hell to find. On the drive home though, I spotted half acre clusters everywhere along the roadside through Iowa, that state is just loaded with this roadside wonder.

Anyways here are some pics..

Lizard King,

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesuperpimp
The boss of thefamily

Loc: Philadelphia/NYC
Re: Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!) [Re: Lizard King]
    #792118 - 08/02/02 07:14 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

That's pretty interesting stuff, great pics too, thanks for posting them. I knew that canabis plants grow wild in that part of the country, but I figured it would off in the woods or some barren field somewhere, not 10 feet away from the highway where anyone can see it. Do police or state agricultual regulators do anything to curb growth? I mean, I would figure that when MJ plants are spotted on a roadside someone would come along and rip them up, or are the police just tired of trying to fight a plant that grows rampant everywhere? Also, do people get busted if they get caught plucking a couple of buds off a plant that is just growing by the side of the road? How do they handle that kind of stuff in that part of the country?

Invisiblestrang

Re: Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!) [Re: superpimp]
    #792266 - 08/02/02 08:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

thats sweet as hell lizard....that males sure does have alot of "nutsacks".....with that much pollen around all the females it would be hard to get rid of the the "weed"...seeds everywhere.....that is a very interesting find.....probably the best pics i have seen around here lately....

Invisiblepsyconaut
NASA trainedpsychonaut
Loc: The Great White North
Re: Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!) [Re: strang]
    #792314 - 08/02/02 08:55 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

It'd be fun to plant your favorite strain alongside.....that would be some wicked stealth growing

-pysco

--------------------
It may look like a button mushroom right now, but wait until you see how it grows!

InvisibleFloydian
veteran
    #792470 - 08/02/02 10:24 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Now that's just fucking cool. thanks for posting!

--------------------
Don't squeeze the pancake batter

Offlinecantankerous

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #792552 - 08/02/02 11:05 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

very nice, i am sure you got one of yourself alongside of those wild weeds for the scrapbooks?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: cantankerous]
    #792603 - 08/02/02 11:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
Re: Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!) [Re: psyconaut]
    #793660 - 08/03/02 03:37 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I'm not sure how local oinkers deal with this obnoxious weed in that part of the country? I was wondering that myself. From the looks of it and judging by the thousands apoun thousands of wild plants I saw driving through Iowa, I'd say they are tired of fighting a loosing battle, its like trying to get rid of dandelions(sp?), its damn near impossible. I'd think its probably just as illegal to be in possesion of this weed as it would be if you grew it yourself, I don't see why it wouldn't be. I was worried about being seen taking an interest in it, I'm sure there are cases where people have been busted for harvesting this wonderful ditchweed.

An interesting story that relates to the subject; My grandma was telling me that last spring she was unknowingly growing a marijuna plant in her flower bed in her front yard. She had no idea what it was, had never seen marijuna before, and knew nothing about its legality. My aunt came to visit her one day and noticed the weed growing and told my grandma what it was and pulled it up and trashed it. Turns out my aunt was also growing one at her place when a neighbor clued her in as to what that strange weed was in here garden. When she saw the same weed in my grandmas garden she told here what it was and got rid of it. It was hillarious to hear about my grand parents growing bud and not knowing it. I guess its so damn wild that it pops up in all kinds of places in that part of the country. Or maybe some kid tossed some seeds in her flower bed knowing that the old grandma would take good care of it and were just waiting for her to grow it to maturity when they would stop by late one night and grab the goodies If so I bet they were pissed to see it gone

--------------------

Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
    #793989 - 08/03/02 08:09 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I had this idea that if everyone who smoked herb would save their seeds all year long and then in the spring throw out their seeds in the wild. We could really overgrow the government.

OfflineChromeCrow
one ancient mutha
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Hoosier HELL
Re: Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!) [Re: ]
    #794981 - 08/04/02 12:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

I used to find that shit in indiana.

yeah northern indiana ( napanee) has the shit growing everywhere

--------------------
ISO: Orissa, Malabar, z strain

Offlineamanita3
Rumplestiltskin
Loc: High Desert
    #797576 - 08/05/02 09:41 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Many years ago some friends returned from Kansas/Nebraska trip with 2 gunny sacks full of wet, stinking wild weed from the roadsides. It looked so good, so healthy, we could not wait to dry and try it.

What a disapointment! We dubbed it 'headache weed' and threw it out.

Totally worthless stuff.

Maybe better 'wild' stuff grows in other areas, I do not know. I think that GOOD seed would result in GOOD weed, no matter where it was grown. First generation, at least, would be good. Then it would be weakened by cross pollination with the wild stuff, unfortunately.

OfflineShroomSkin
Liberty or Death

Loc: Don't Tread on Me
Re: Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!) [Re: amanita3]
    #803845 - 08/08/02 03:50 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Anyone know if it grows wild in Texas? I see clusters that look like pot everday on my way to/from work. I think I'll get a closer look today...I had no idea it still grew wild like that! I doubt it is, but I'll look anyways. If it is tho, I'm gonna have a TON of ditchweed.

--------------------
---
Stay gold.

OfflineRemy
Bitches Brew
 User Gallery

Loc: Atlanta, GA
    #811154 - 08/11/02 02:27 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

You can make a very potent hash oil out of ditchweed by extracting the oils, and isomerizing it with sulfuric acid, to change all that CBD into THC. I would love to collect about 20 pounds of that, and make a shitload of good hash oil

Invisiblereclone5
Loc: Indianapolis
    #812235 - 08/12/02 06:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I find ditchweed in parks all the time, all its really good for is making hash though

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
    #814615 - 08/13/02 08:25 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

From western MO to Oklahoma there is ditch weed growing all over. In nebraska, my home state, you can find plants 20 or 25 feet tall. A friend picked 3 pounds off one once. He said it tasted great, but the high was not... well, very high.

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #846338 - 08/27/02 07:57 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Cool findings L.K.!

We used to find some wild bud in illinois.

It was always loaded with seeds, but it was free smoke.

Good to know your home and safe and still finding great drugs everywhere you seem to roam.

GG

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#846500 - 08/27/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

cool pics, nice work

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineTripalistic_One
Bodhisattva
    #848352 - 08/28/02 03:22 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Wow...awesome... nice find

--------------------
The Bodhisattva Vow

InvisibleAdom
Totally Nude
 User Gallery
Loc: Way Up North
    #848717 - 08/28/02 07:39 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Yup that stuff is everywhere in Iowa, the last time I heard about authority's doing anything about it was around 10 years ago when they went around abou thtis time of year spraying everything so it could be harvested. The stuff isn't smokable(around my parts anyways) unless you make it into hash. I got a buddy who makes a shit ton of that stuff with that ice/5 gallon bucket system, not that great but free smoke.

Offlinereite
journeyman
Re: Wild N. American Cannabis/ditchweed (PICS!!) [Re: Adom]
    #849642 - 08/28/02 04:13 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Would you elaborate more on the ice/5 gallon bucket method please, or refer me to a link.

Thank you,

reite

--------------------
Imagine, your having a great day...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder