Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Post office and killing seeds
    #760155 - 07/19/02 09:54 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This is a question about mailing seeds, I have another question that I would hope you would checkout in the Ethnobotanical Garden forum on this same topic with different questions, and would really like it if postalboy could read and comment on that question also, but here are the questions that fit best here.

1. If you are mailing seeds within the USA postal system, do you need to declare them?
2. If you are mailing them to another country from the USA do you need to declare them, even if you are not a dealer, just trading with your friend. Do you need to obtain a permit or some kind (assume the seeds are legal in both countries and non-endangered).
3. If your friend (non-dealer) is sending you seeds from another country, does he need to declare the seeds, does he need a permit, do you need a permit to get the seeds, will the seeds go through customs? If the seeds need to be declared and they are not, what is the likely hood of them being found out, and what would happen if it were found out that two people were trading seeds (again assume seeds legal in both countries and not endangered).
4. If your friend sent the seeds and did not declare them is there anything that will happen to the package or letter that would kill or sterilize the seeds? Is there anything you can write on the package to prevent this from happening?
5. If you can please take a look at the question Seeds in the mail in the Ethnobotanical Garden forum if you at all possibly can, I did not want to cross post.

Thank you very much for all you time, effort and help.

Imagine, your having a great day...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: Post office and killing seeds [Re: reite]
    #762253 - 07/20/02 02:35 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

1. Assuming the seeds are legal in the US, then no you do not need to declare anything.
2 and 3. Once you start sending packages out of the country, then you start going into customs territory. And the packages that are mailed must have customs labels on them stating their contents. Certain countries have certain rules and each country is a little different about things that can be mailed to and from said country. If the seeds are legal in both countries then on the customs form just write seeds. You generally dont have to be THAT specific. The permit thing I have no idea about. I know you do not need one to send in the US but from aother country to the US a permit may be needed. Outside my area of expertise.
4. Not likely and not really. In that order.

Your welcome,

"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology