Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinespleen
DisgruntledEmployee

Loc: Southern England
Amsterdam & using postal services in the UK...
    #979712 - 10/21/02 01:51 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Now it's obviously not me who's tempted to try this - certainly a friend of a friend :wink:
And this is obviously for information only :grin:, but I've heard work mate say that If you send weed through the post from the 'dam, addressed to a non-existent person at your address, then technically you can't be charged if your letter/package gets pulled by Customs/Police as you just deny all knowledge of the person living at your address (or say that they used to live there put moved on) - plus I would have thought that a couple of small bags of well disguised weed in the post are hardly going to warrant a door being kicked in....

Would this actually work or are we talking urban legend territory here? 

--------------------
-->
You don't succeed because you hesitate, you think we're flying but we levitate...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinemikey_
SURFING ON SINEWAVES
Male

Loc: Liverpool
Re: Amsterdam & using postal services in the UK... [Re: spleen]
    #996789 - 10/27/02 02:13 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i can imagine jiffy bags being sent from the 'dam are gonna be liable to more searches than most. i guess you could hide it in a cuddly toy or something. in the battery compartment. wrap it up like a birthday present or something. with a b'day card :smile:

--------------------
The poison is the dose - Paracelsus
Let your food be medicine and your medicine be food - Hippocrates

OfflineLordPeter
    #1003181 - 10/29/02 02:28 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thats true. Its not your fault if some stranger in Amsterdam sends drugs to your house :smile: 

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1007534 - 10/30/02 08:46 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I have a friend who went with me to amsterdam and he mailed back like 5 packages to his own address (in the USA). One of the packages didn't make it (that package was just weed in an envelope) but the other 4 did. Customs just sent him a letter about the one that didn't make it saying that it was illegial. No problems at all since then and that was 6 months ago.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (10/30/02 08:48 PM)

Offlinespleen
DisgruntledEmployee

Loc: Southern England
Re: Amsterdam & using postal services in the UK... [Re: LordPeter]
    #1032079 - 11/07/02 12:35 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Some of these strangers in the 'Dam are very kind indeed :smile: , but bear in mind LordPeter that the letters  wouldn't have been sent to my house - it's a friend of a friend we're talking about here! :smile:

--------------------
-->
You don't succeed because you hesitate, you think we're flying but we levitate...

Edited by spleen (11/07/02 12:38 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology