Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
My computer speakers tell me in advance when im getting a text message
    #7402975 - 09/12/07 10:38 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Im sure many of you have noticed this also.. before I receive a text message my computer speakers make this beeping sound.. sometimes It happens when my phone is just on and near my speakers also.

What causes this exactly? are my speakers tuning in to the frequencies (and resonating accordingly like a tuning fork) that are being sent to my cell phone? Is there anything cool I can do with/to my phone if I determine the frequencies of sound being put out by my speakers during a text message transmission? Also, what about the times when I hear the beeping sound but receive no text message? Am I trying to intercept a signal thats supposed to go to another phone near by?

Excuse my physics jargon, it may be off a bit. :smile:

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: My computer speakers tell me in advance when im getting a text message [Re: Acyl]
    #7403763 - 09/13/07 04:27 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

> What causes this exactly? are my speakers tuning in to the frequencies (and resonating accordingly like a tuning fork) that are being sent to my cell phone?

More likely your speakers are picking up various oscillators in your phone as the phone begins to "wake up" via induction.

In the early days of home computers, the computers came as a handful of electronic parts that the user had to assemble. These kits had a row of toggle switches on the front to input data and a row of lights on the front to output data. Somebody realizes that if you set a radio on top of the computer, it would make noises while the computer worked. It turned out that different instructions made different tones. They started writing programs that did nothing, but played music when a radio was close by. This is how the worlds first "sound card" was invented.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: My computer speakers tell me in advance when im getting a text message [Re: Seuss]
    #7404037 - 09/13/07 08:17 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, i have the same thing happen with my phone, if its near the i pod when i have it plugged in in the car, or by any other amplified non shielded sound source.

although some phones do it, some phones do not.....

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleKilroyMilosevik
Swiss Ego
 User Gallery

Loc: Northwest of Nowhere
Re: My computer speakers tell me in advance when im getting a text message [Re: ZippoZ]
    #7404044 - 09/13/07 08:21 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You don't happen to use nextel do you? Out of all the other subscriptions I have had, nextel does this the worst. it interferes with any kind of speaker that is currently operating if someone is calling or texting me. Makes kind of a clicking sound. I usually put my phone under my stereo in a little cubby in my car for that reason; I pick up and answer the phone before it rings. Although it may not be specifically any company's phone service, it could just be the phone itself.

--------------------
-The door.
-The door is closed.
-Why is the door closed?
        *Gasps*
-Why DOES the door close!?

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: My computer speakers tell me in advance when im getting a text message [Re: KilroyMilosevik]
    #7404046 - 09/13/07 08:23 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

nope not nextel. i have had it happen with certain phones, and not with others while on the same carrier.....

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

Re: My computer speakers tell me in advance when im getting a text message [Re: Acyl]
    #7404473 - 09/13/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Its never happened to me, I,m T mobile right now.

OfflineNewbieS
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal Flag
    #7404779 - 09/13/07 03:18 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Mine's more like, tick....tick....tick.. ticktickticktickticktickticktick

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
    #7405350 - 09/13/07 05:44 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Ive had it happen while close to my computer or close to the speakers in my car for years now. For me nothing happens (no phone call or any messages come). Its happened across 3 or phones for the last 3 or 4 years.

InvisibleAcyl
cyanidepoisoning
Male User Gallery

Loc: N.W.T.
Re: My computer speakers tell me in advance when im getting a text message [Re: Seuss]
    #7409833 - 09/14/07 03:43 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
This is how the worlds first "sound card" was invented.

Cool! Very interesting.

--------------------
:scrambled:

1 ,2

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #7411665 - 09/15/07 12:24 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I've had this happen for the longest time, back when cell phones were mostly for the 'rich kids', and businessmen.

I'd walk around in my highschool days with an earbud in my left ear almost all the time.  used to listen to my walkman between classes and such.

Anyway, people couldnt figure out how i'd call out a phonecall before it made any indication of an incoming call.  Fun stuff.  :lol:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale