Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Unknown Computer File
    #2411058 - 03/09/04 02:25 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Anyone know what Advanced INF Installer is? I just got a message while browsing the Shroomery that says: Error: could not locate INF file ... tt_unadd.inf

I am thinking it might be addware but am unsure. This is the first time I've seen or heard of this application.

Here are some links INF installer:

Advanced INF Installer

Thanks.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Unknown Computer File [Re: Joshua]
    #2411756 - 03/09/04 07:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i'm not sure but i will ask the admins at my work 2morrow for you hopefully they will know

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2413446 - 03/10/04 03:07 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

About the only thing I know about that particular file is that a few years ago there was some controversy about 'Advpack.dll' being some kind of spyware. I honestly don't know how true that was and, of course, that was on the old Win98 systems, and I don't think it's on an XP system. At least I couldn't find it on my system. Sorry I can't be of more help. Perhaps asd159263 's admins can give you an answer...

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2415033 - 03/10/04 02:37 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hope this helps:

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=inf%20file

I can't claim to understand everything on that page, but basically if you've ever manually installed a hardware driver on your PC, you've probably clicked on an inf file. Unfortunately, I don't understand why you would get that message if you aren't installing something.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Edited by Edame (03/10/04 03:05 PM)

Anonymous

#2419008 - 03/11/04 02:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the admins told me that the file should not be in windows xp, not that u should delete it, its just microsoft does not use that shit anymore, but you may have installed some old hardware that needed that file. be for worned it was a temp  :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology