Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
In need of Fantasy Football Advice
    #7331398 - 08/24/07 10:34 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

And please, give me some good advice :smile:

winner of the season gets $500.

So first round draft, knowing LT will be gone in the first 1-2 picks, who should i go with.

Larry Johnson or Steven Jackson?

for QB i'm looking at Brees, but if he's taken i'd pick up either Eli (looked good in preseason) or Rivers.  This is assuming, manning and brady are already taken.

as for higher risk picks....i'm looking at some sleepers...

Leinart for QB, Packers OR Raiders for Defense, Santonio Holmes for WR...

I hope to god he doesn't end up as another Troy Edwards...

Shoot, i'm crazy enough to give Harrington a run.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: In need of Fantasy Football Advice [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #7331409 - 08/24/07 10:39 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Please, don't take Eli.
I never see the point in taking picks like that. You can get another quality QB, so even if Eli does fine you don't have to feel bad about not taking him, but if he does shitty you have to feel bad because he's yours.

As for the RB, I would take Jackson. I'm assuming you have pick 3? At 3 I'd bet more than half the time he won't be there, but then again LJ would be gone the other half, so I don't see why you're asking this question (no offense.) Unless you're second, but then I don't know why you'd say LT will go picks 1-2 (he won't, by the way, he'll go 1 unless Jackson's mom is in your league.)

--------------------
!

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#7331601 - 08/24/07 11:54 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

I personally like the downhill running of LJ with the cheifs over Stephen Jackson.

Eli Manning is garbage and will probably have a miserable season and they will more than likely finish last in the NFC East. Rivers is def a better option, hell id rather have Jon Kitna than Eli Manning.

Santonio Holmes is going to have a break out season IMO, i think he would be a steal in the 4th or 5th rounds.. as far as the defense.. Oakland isnt a suprise, they have a great defense.. I wouldnt fuck with Green Bay though.

And finally, Lienart, I think he could be hit or miss. but he has the weapons to put together a good season, if the o-line can give him some time to throw the ball.

I think Harrington would be a mistake too, he doesnt have the weapons.. If Vick couldnt win with the Falcons even with him rushing for 900-1000 yards back to back seasons, then I dont think Harrington will have any luck either.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: In need of Fantasy Football Advice [Re: jewunit]
    #7333497 - 08/25/07 04:15 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
Please, don't take Eli.
I never see the point in taking picks like that. You can get another quality QB, so even if Eli does fine you don't have to feel bad about not taking him, but if he does shitty you have to feel bad because he's yours.

As for the RB, I would take Jackson. I'm assuming you have pick 3? At 3 I'd bet more than half the time he won't be there, but then again LJ would be gone the other half, so I don't see why you're asking this question (no offense.) Unless you're second, but then I don't know why you'd say LT will go picks 1-2 (he won't, by the way, he'll go 1 unless Jackson's mom is in your league.)

you'll have to excuse my noobness, this is my first time playing fantasy football.

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #7333509 - 08/25/07 04:18 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Your draft strategy should be as such

1st round: Running Back
2nd round: running back
3rd round: RUNNING BACK!

then you start drafting QB's and WR's. Running backs are the biggest fantasy producers there are, aside from a WR here or a QB there.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: In need of Fantasy Football Advice [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7333516 - 08/25/07 04:20 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Hell you could probably spend the first 4 on RB's and just trade 1-2 off if you really get shafted in the rest of the draft.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: In need of Fantasy Football Advice [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7333519 - 08/25/07 04:21 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneLessForeskin said:
Your draft strategy should be as such

1st round: Running Back
2nd round: running back
3rd round: RUNNING BACK!

then you start drafting QB's and WR's. Running backs are the biggest fantasy producers there are, aside from a WR here or a QB there.

This is true in most cases. Id say depending on the amount of players in your league as well as the point system. If you system is set up with yardage meaning next to nothing, pick up some RB's first. Id say 2 top 10 RB's if possible then a Top QB. Usually I fill my QB and RB slots first then start picking up some WR. TE's dont do much in the NFL anyway so unless you can pick up gates it wont really make too much of a difference in your team.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #7334258 - 08/25/07 08:08 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

If passing TDs are worth 6 points (which is rare but I've seen it), then you should be much more willing to grab a QB in the third, or even second round if it's Peyton.

--------------------
!

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: In need of Fantasy Football Advice [Re: jewunit]
    #7334327 - 08/25/07 08:37 PM (16 years, 7 months ago)

thanks for the tips guys.

hahahahahahahah

--------------------

Edited by LiquidSmoke (08/25/07 10:59 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1