Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Starting first ethno garden, questions
    #7280692 -

Hey this is my first post, I'm very intrigued by ethnos, mushrooms, and marijuana. And I've recently decided I'd like to grow my own.

So here's my situation, I'm 18 so I live with my parents but I'm going to college in NH on Sept. 1st. I've already ordered some heavenly blue Morning Glory, and I intend on doing some closet shroomery.

My plan for the MG is to set up a trellis (sp?) around my dorm window and let nature take course. I'm aware that MG doesn't grow nearly as well indoors, but it'll be cold soon, and I really have no other options. I've been doing a little research about indoor MG's and I've yet to find a definitive answer as to whether or not they'll flower/seed indoors. Does anyone have any information about this, or tips/references on indoor growing MG? (I'm especially to grow seeds.)

I'm also looking into other ethno plants at the moment but I'm really unsure what I should grow. I've smoked salvia before so I'm interested in growing one of those which I've read are easy indoor plants. And I'm trying to steer away from habit forming opium based plants. Although I'm considering Kratom but I would love if anyone who had any info on this plant and its health/addiction/mental effects, and how well it grows indoors.

Any other suggestions for indoor dorm room plants, please suggest away!


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7280735 -

do you already know your roommate, cause it would be a bummer if you dont know him and he turns out to be a prick, some kids go to school already knowing they wanna be cops and feds, how fruity is that? you should make sure your roommate is cool before you get your heart set on growing...or at least doing any closet shroomery


--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: boomer q]
    #7280746 -

im planning on growing some san pedro, it just looks like a regular cactus, and it gets big and neat lookin, you might wanna consider it


--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: boomer q]
    #7280751 -

Yea I've already met and talked with him before. Funny story, I actually met him when I was visiting the campus and he turned out to be a huge pothead too, so I think we'll end up splitting the cost of a volcano vaporizer.

So yea I'm sure he's cool with me growing.


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7280773 -

well thats good, if i had more advice about ethnos id give it, but im about to start one too, lookin to do it with san pedro


--------------------
I got bags of funk and i sell em by the tons

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: boomer q]
    #7280888 -

I think you'd have a real hard time getting MG to flower indoors even in the summer, and you're up there in the north in the winter. The vines would be cool looking though.

I tried growing salvia and although some people have no problems with them, my plant was super fininky and would not tolerate anything besides super high humidity and after a long battle trying to keep it alive it died. In my experience it was a difficult plant to grow.

Kratom also likes high humidity but you can slowly wean them off it and they'll be ok. If I remember right Kratom in smaller amounts is stimulative and in larger amounts is sedative. It is somewhat addicting with regular use and you can smoke it or make a tea out of it, smoking obviously poses more of a health risk. That's from memory so it might not be exactly correct. Hope that helps.


--------------------
tradelist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: plainswalker]
    #7280905 -

http://www.erowid.org/plants/kratom/kratom.shtml

all the kratom info you will ever need to know

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7283947 -

I've grown morning glory in a small pot inside. It wasn't even summer but I still got some blooms..so yeah, its possible to grow them inside, but dont expect any massive mg seed harvests.

Maybe try growing dream herb, salvia divinorum, and cacti.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: psilosaurus]
    #7287150 -

Thanks for the tip psilo, dream herb looks really cool from what I've read on erowid and wiki, I'm guessing it grows well indoors too?

and salvia is a must get for me =)

I've also found 12" Peruvian torches for about $35..

I cant find sweet flag anywhere though, anyone know a website?


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7293496 -

Updated:

I just got my MG + Calea Z. seeds in the mail last night!

I started germination of the MG this morning (see journal for info.) I'm going to hit the garden store on my way home from work this afternoon for supplies for the Calea Z.

I've read these are difficult to grow from seeds, I've found a little info about them but no specific idea what kind of soil/nutrients/temp/sunlight to give them

I plan on grabbing some neutral soil for the MGs.. Any tips for the Calea Z.?

Also still trying to get some sally d, catnip, sweetflag, and Peruvian torch.


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7293573 -

Good luck with the Calea seeds!  :thumbup: 
If the seeds are somewhat fresh I think they should germinate.


--------------------
tradelist

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: plainswalker]
    #7293667 -

1/3 Of a rich substrate, 1/3 vermiculite and 1/3 of humus
is the recommended soil mix for Calea according to wiki, but its wiki so I don't really trust it.. And I've never heard of humus used in gardening..?  :shrug:

What do you guys who grow Calea use?


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7293712 -

humus is broken dawn organic matter. Good good stuff.

Not the stuff you eat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: toadstooly]
    #7293881 -

Well then I guess I'll pick that up after work and see how it goes.. :cool:


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: jasonpwnd]
    #7293904 -

I've seen that on Wikipedia as well, can anyone clarify what they mean by "rich substrate"?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Starting first ethno garden, questions [Re: kybish]
    #7294250 -

Has anyone had any experience with Pro-Mix BX and Calea or other enthos - this stuff seems good.


--------------------

Disclaimer: Everything I say is a lie intended to make my e-reputation more prestigious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Need info on starting a garden please StonedShroom 1,392 1 11/18/01 03:31 PM
by superpimp
* Amsterdam's ethno garden Hamurabi 2,412 18 03/11/03 06:20 PM
by A0999
* Starting a garden..?? Legoulash 605 4 01/18/03 08:51 AM
by Crass
* Lookin for good ethno's bluelou 786 5 01/24/03 03:58 AM
by bluelou
* Ethno's you all grow? bluelou 3,719 19 04/15/03 08:13 PM
by jojoba
* Whats in your Ethnobotanical Garden? g0dmoney 2,048 12 12/11/02 04:07 AM
by canid
* Poppies an ethno growth?
( 1 2 all )
bluelou 2,660 22 02/26/03 12:20 PM
by canid
* poppy question felixhigh 3,581 16 08/20/01 05:22 AM
by iudexk

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
1,458 topic views. 0 members, 26 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.