Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7230222 -

Banez, your affection for Vick is clear.

Whatever the alleged facts are, we'll all just have to wait for it to come out in the wash.

The trial starts Nov. 26 and I somehow do not believe this will be sorted out before the New Year.

We've got a long wait before a verdict is read officially.

Edited by Left Nut City (07/27/07 11:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: deadHead321]
    #7230303 -

"i went to eagles vs. falcons on new years eve last season, week 17..i want to be able to say I saw Mike Vick play his last NFL game."

You will, he'll never play in the NFL again.

Edited by lonestar2004 (07/27/07 11:55 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7230315 -

I have no affection for Vick. I dont even particuliarly like the guy.

I just believe that people are innocent until proven guilty, and that hasnt happened yet. I have my personal opinions about his involvement, but that doesnt change the fact that he is entitled to a fair due process.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7230339 -

Where is Vick not getting his fair due process?? He has a team of 5 lawyers on this case. Not one lawyer or even an NFL spokesperson has come forward to say Commissioner Goodell is being unfair to Michael.

The "conduct policy" of the NFL was agreed upon by the NFL Player's Union.

Now, just owning a home where illegal activities are being done clearly violates the NFL Conduct Policy.

If Vick didn't like the policy he could always have tendered his resignation.


You'll never see Peyton Manning or LT involved in any kind of monkey shine that would violate NFL policy. Why should Vick be excluded when other NFL players have received suspensions?

Edited by Left Nut City (07/27/07 12:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7230348 -

I understand why the NFL is doing what they are doing, I just like playing devils advocate a bit.

I dont know if it will happen or not, I just would be interested to see what happens IF Vick is cleared from the charges.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7230363 -

Banez I agree with you that Vick was hella fun to watch play. I really hate that he, PacMan Jones, and others are not playing because of suspensions.

However, I am getting tired of "sports thuggery" and I applaud efforts to clean up professional sports.

I read the Vick indictment just now and there were at least 4 witnesses that testified against Vick.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7230371 -

Which on did you read, the Federal indictment, Its been probably 4-5 days since ive read it but I thought it was only 2 people that actually "saw" Vick.

Like you said, we have a long wait before anything happens.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7230417 -

I read the indictment in The Smoking Gun website.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7231337 -

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=dw-vickhearing072607&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

this was beautiful.. pretty much said EVERYTHING i said.

I dont like how they made the piece race orientated.. but perhaps that was the scene there... and if so, i side with the blacks.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7236823 -

I think he's probably fucked.

They had a legal guy on ESPN earlier saying that once a person is indicted by the feds for anything, the conviction rate is over 95%.

And Vick is indicted for several charges, with the Prosecutor saying in court that there would be additional charges being brought next week.

Uh-Oh.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #7236826 -

Yeah I had heard that as well.. One of the co-defendents of Vicks already entered a guilty plea... while Vick entered a non-guilty plea.

Only time will tell.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7237579 -



:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7237790 -

I almost got a Mike Vick jersey off ebay the other night to piss people off, but found a powder blue LT jersey that caught my attention.

If you're ever looking for jerserys start on ebay.. ive gotten replica jerseries for around 20-25$ each time.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7237807 -

You didn't look closely at the shirts I posted obviously. Click on them and take another gander.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Left Nut City]
    #7237821 -

lol no, i saw them, but id be wearing a mike vick jersey simply to piss people who wear those shirts off.

they are funny though.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7237976 -

SI claims Vicks co-defendants are looking to plea deal out. They will all testify against Vick. He's screwed.


--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7240013 -

do you just always stick up for badly tarnished athletes? or do you just really like bonds,giambi,merriman,vick ... jesus, youre defending him like he's your brother, or mancrush


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Infrared]
    #7240015 -

Sports troll!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Infrared]
    #7240044 -

dont like giambi.. not all all.

i liked merriman pre-steriods.. but hopefully hes cleaned up his act.

i dont defend tarnished athletes... i defend people who havent been to trial yet... seriously, i dont know what is soo bad in trusting in the good nature of people until all the facts are out.

Sorry im not a hypocrite, id defend my neighbor the same way I would a professional athelete.. if my neighbor was accused of murder, i wouldnt just start hating him, id wait until he had a chance to properly defend his name and wait to make my judgements until the facts come out..

you think you should just assume he is guilty?

again, ive never even really liked Vick, no1 has caught me talking about him before he got these charges brought up.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Mike Vick Thread. [Re: Banez]
    #7240066 -

no, i dont assume people are quilty.. but when someone is caught redhanded i can see it.. i dont know how you stick up for bonds saying "he didnt know" .. come on hes an adult of course he knows what hes taking... just like vick knew what was going on , on his propety


--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* It's that time of year for me to post about lacrosse jewunit 1,067 16 09/22/11 10:14 AM
by psilocrosse
* NCAA lacrosse Final Four this weekend jewunit 922 10 05/26/09 04:35 AM
by jewunit
* Lacrosse Brawl - For Jewunit Madtowntripper 503 2 09/09/09 04:07 PM
by jewunit
* NCAA Lacrosse National Championship today @ 3:30 on ESPN jewunit 375 2 05/31/10 09:35 PM
by jewunit
* The most enjoyable game I have ever watched
( 1 2 all )
whattheheck 3,409 29 08/26/09 02:37 PM
by LiquidSmoke
* You people make me sick
( 1 2 all )
jewunit 2,960 28 03/04/09 12:37 AM
by jewunit
* w00t
( 1 2 all )
GetTheFuckOut 1,141 25 07/16/09 04:33 PM
by jewunit
* USA USA
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ROGER5676 3,718 90 03/01/10 04:46 AM
by Madtowntripper

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
6,513 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.