Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Stencil work
    #7144016 -

I've kind of been getting into stencils lately but I haven't really gotten good at making them yet. I'm trying to make this one of a groundhog standing up like this. I get how to alter the contrast/brightness/color field to get a nice black and white image, the thing about this picture though is the fur is so detailed. I don't know what to do to simplify the design so it's something that can be cut out by hand but still easily recognizable for what it is. Any tips?



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: GreenScreen]
    #7146705 -

for 5 shrooms please,

look at my links their is one called stencil revolution, in it their is a tutorial look at it it will show you all you need to be free.


--------------------
:prawn::baggy::zilla:
Please help support cover-upz blog
http://cover-upz.blogspot.com/
Please PM me if you can help build cover upz blog.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: LosAngelesGraff]
    #7146946 -

I believe in photoshop theres a way to pasteurize a photo into as many colors as you want. All you need to do is set it to two and render it. It wont be in black and white, but it will be in two colors. Id say cut the chipmunk out of there so it doesnt render it green and brown. And then do all the editing needed so that one stencil doesnt break down into 50 small stencils.


--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: GreenScreen]
    #7146972 -

you could also try a paint daub filter to make it a more simplified picture before you mess with the contrast then cutout filter.

or you could just do what my girlfriend does and do the whole damn thing by hand.  :smirk:


--------------------
jonom.

Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.


ghetto magnetic stirrer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: Idiot]
    #7146979 -

This is what I could do. I'm only using paint shop though.



--------------------

Customize your Shroomery experience!
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: Idiot]
    #7147061 -

LAGraff I've been looking around their site for the past week or so, I looked over their tutorials real quick but right now that section is down.

I'm working with GIMP instead of Photoshop. Idiot that sounds like the kind of thing I'm trying to do but I don't know how to do anything like that in GIMP. Jonom do you have any idea on how I could do that in GIMP?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: GreenScreen]
    #7147323 -

for gimp check out these tutorials...

quick and dirty gimp tutorial

single layer stencil in gimp


--------------------
jonom.

Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.


ghetto magnetic stirrer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: jonom]
    #7147405 -

I get the process of making something into a stencil in GIMP. I guess what my question is more like "How do I make a stencil suitable to be cut out by hand?". Even in those tutorials look at the final images, they'd be nearly impossible to cut out by hand.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: GreenScreen]
    #7147436 -

most people just prepare an image to use as a guide. take that shit... glue it to some plastic and start cutting. you have to be a little artistic to do stencils... it's not always a breeze.


--------------------
jonom.

Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.


ghetto magnetic stirrer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: jonom]
    #7148485 -

Before attempting to work with this image, I'd first try to find one with more dramatic lighting. The best stencils in my opinion are the ones that are able to be recognized easily, even if they're not very detailed. I doubt that you would be able to do that with a stencil based off this picture. You could still create a pretty contrast-y picture as a base for a stencil even with the image you posted, but you'd have better luck finding a different image. Hope this helps.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: in_sherman]
    #7148725 -

You also only want to work with very very large photos to start with I find the med in google search to be to small then make it like 12000by120000 and you will have nice crisp lines still after you have digitalized the mess out of it.


--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #7148963 -

Well I've got a couple other things I wanted to try so I guess I'll just start off with some easier stuff like you said, and then maybe I can come back to this sometime later. Thanks for the help everybody. Have any of you done any stencil work before, I'd love to see it if you have.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: GreenScreen]
    #7156599 -

Alright here's something I did a little work on today. I think I did a pretty good job and if I decide to print and cut it I don't think it'll be too difficult. If somebody can tell me who it is then I'll be happy with it. Let me know what you think.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: GreenScreen]
    #7156871 -

Quote:
GreenScreen said:If somebody can tell me who it is then I'll be happy with it.



looks like bob saget to me.  put "my nose burns" under it or something.  :tongue:  and then put that bitch on a public wall.  :rockon:


--------------------
jonom.

Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.


ghetto magnetic stirrer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Stencil work [Re: GreenScreen]
    #7156883 -

or maybe... "i banged dj"


--------------------
jonom.

Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish he'd go away.


ghetto magnetic stirrer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* stencil graffiti 8374837 2,000 15 07/13/06 12:54 PM
by gema
* Stencil Graffiti Faaip_De_Oiad 1,781 15 10/20/03 11:41 PM
by DoctorJ
* Stencil Art! *updated* MilkyMedia 1,294 9 08/11/04 06:03 AM
by MilkyMedia
* Stencils? psychodelicmonk 591 2 08/26/07 02:18 AM
by Psilobuds
* Help with stencils? IllicitAlchemist 9,514 7 08/03/08 01:50 PM
by geokills
* the joy of making your own stencils BrAiN 675 4 12/08/04 10:47 PM
by BrAiN
* latest stencil BrAiN 414 3 12/20/05 03:48 AM
by ohmatic
* new stencil painting BrAiN 427 2 01/04/05 12:55 PM
by kiss

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,427 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.