Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Poker
    #7033285 -

Does anyone else play semi-pro? I've been running real bad lately and I feel like crap, I need to know someone else has lost a lot of cash this way too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7033295 -

yea, im down like 30k from my peak playing 30/60 limit and higher

oh well, the games are a lot tougher now but still beatable

also i've quit putting very much energy into poker, so i cant really complain about the losses

how many hands is your downswing? how many bi's or bets, over how many hands?

these things happen man.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7033319 -

I lost 20 bucks at a friend's house the other night.:shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: LloydChristmas]
    #7033331 -

i lost 700 bucks on one hand before. moron re-raised me preflop when i had aces and he had kings. of course he flops a king.

oh well that was all money i had won earlier that day anyway. but i did go outside and smoke a whole pack of cigs lol.


--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: sublime40oz]
    #7033337 -

what a moron reraising with kings preflop

lol? :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: Digs]
    #7033390 -

its about watching the other players at the table. and in a 2/4 NL you don't reraise a 100 dollar raise on your inital 50 dollar raise preflop, coming from a tight player. i basically said i have aces, had he been paying attention, but his stupidity won him my money so I guess i'm the fool.


--------------------
Beyond the gray sky

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: sublime40oz]
    #7033451 -

Yeah the game changed a lot after they made it illegal. I have lost 1k in a one hand before. (5-10 NL)I was big blind and have 3-5 off. 4 callers and no one raises. Flop comes 246 off. I check it and goes over and dude raises 100 so I reraise 150. Everyone else folds but he calls. Turn is a q and still rainbow board. He is first to act and raises 25 I reraise him to 500 then he pushes. I call of course with the nuts. River is a 2 to pair the board. Show down, the dude had a 6's full and won on river for a pot of $2260.00

Poker is very fun, but it takes a lot out of you. It is hard to handle the swings, but you have to be very anal about bank roll management. You should at least have 15 times the buy in, or just google BRM

I am giving internet poker a break for awhile, I still play live which is a lot funner.
If you love it read all the books you can on it and go for it.

Edited by Rahie (06/11/07 12:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: sublime40oz]
    #7033483 -

yea, i would probably reraise you too because i never think people are bad enough at poker to raise 12x bb with aa pf.

but i mean i guess so lol, i dont play much nl live because fr nl live is about the most boring game ever~

still waiting for op to talk about his downswing, everyone gets bad beats but we're talking about like 50k hand downswings here guys, not 1 bad hand lol.

edit:

also saying you're the fool when you got money in as a little over a 4:1 favorite...... what the fuck man do you even understand poker?

and sweet hand rahie, you cant ask for better equity than getting it ai on the turn there.

Edited by Digs (06/11/07 12:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: Digs]
    #7033594 -

I'm not on my worst downswing at all... my worst broke my BR.

I'm down 100 bbs today, and probably like 300 for the week. The worst part is that I'm playing mostly limit and some PLO8. I've been very anal about making sure not to tilt and analyzing my hands after and everything.

I made my way onto a non US site though weehee! Secrets.

I'm so fucking sick of hold 'em. Especially limit, everytime you make a move you're doing it for what seems like a couple of bucks in expected value, but when you're runnning bad it doens't matter how +EV your plays are, or at least it seems that way in your mind. Theo nly thing that makes me feel better is going to 2+2 and looking at people's graphs. The people who have 100K swings make me feel better about myself. I don't like losing more than 100 in an hour but it's like an everyday thing, but when I look at these people loosing a hundred thousand in a couple days I feel better. I think there needs to be a poker subforum here.

BTW who likes to play when they are baked? I swear I make better reads.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7033609 -

300 bbs is not very much, 100 bb swings are as standard as opening k9o from the button :laugh:

i've played up to 100/200 as a winner, if you want me to look over some hands just pm me homie.

edit:
and of course i like to play baked :P

Edited by Digs (06/11/07 01:38 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: Digs]
    #7033612 -

It's all Greek to me.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #7033614 -

ya of course man :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7033635 -

You people are rich!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: DieCommie]
    #7033641 -

I've lost tens thousands in play money :tongue:


--------------------
THE PHILOSOPHY OF LIBERTY <---                                               


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7033715 -

I am not good at bluffing, so I stay a bit away of it :grin:
I used to play 5draw half a year long and ago and lost about 700 dollars.
If I improve my bluffing skills, I will rejoin :wink:


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #7034115 -

I'm a five card draw expert!

Thanks for the offer digs, i may take you up but i am a member of so many sites and successful enoug in my own right I'll probably be okay.

Who needs a book of tells when you can have pot?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7034134 -

i am definitely an omaha 8/b player. i dont even like playing hold em'. i payed my rent for almost a year at the 10/20 table. but i took my excess and played it at the pot limit O8 table. it was kind of like the 10/20 was my job and the pl was for joy.


--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: automan]
    #7034153 -

Pokerstars.com

That's where it's at. Anytime my wife shrooms or takes acid - at the end of the trip she plays sit n gos. She is 100% at being #1 every time when she's tripping.

I like to stare at the little thing in the lower right corner. Looks like a lady draped in a robe among MachuPichu.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: automan]
    #7034725 -

o8 is dead money

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poker [Re: pinky2totters]
    #7034764 -

Anyone play with a poker bot and make money?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Legalize Internet Poker!
( 1 2 all )
SbstratAlchemist 1,376 29 06/22/09 07:07 PM
by SbstratAlchemist
* Shroomery Online Poker Club
( 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 )
JusTsHroomiNn 13,173 384 06/08/13 07:59 PM
by SurReality
* The odd's guide to online poker!
( 1 2 all )
OddEye 3,172 36 05/05/08 03:23 PM
by memes
* I'm going to become a professional poker player Rorge 441 12 06/03/14 03:36 PM
by Rorge
* Got an opportunity to buy into a high stakes local poker game... i dont know if i should...
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 3,326 59 10/22/08 03:13 PM
by demiu5
* Online poker
( 1 2 all )
Sally D 2,759 24 08/28/10 03:50 AM
by SoBeIt
* Poker. Texas Holdem pattern 3,205 4 11/28/03 09:59 PM
by ToTheSummit
* Shroomerites Weekly Poker Tourney-GAME DAY 1hour-
( 1 2 3 4 all )
fliped 3,016 66 01/27/10 09:27 PM
by schutzemdown

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,367 topic views. 1 members, 89 guests and 194 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.