Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Okay, WHAT IN THE HELL is going on!
    #69345 - 12/23/99 10:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Did you try cold shocking. I heard that it would help out a great deal, especially with the EQ's.

Moe Howard, i love your signature!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#69348 - 12/23/99 11:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds like you know what your doing...the fact that your environmental conditions caused overlay earlier on is of interest...overlay of course occurs when you allow the vegative stage to continue too long before initiating pinning (fruiting stage). Assuming enough time has past, then the problem definitely seems to do with triggering pinns (no duh, right?). When I cultivate I case and leave in total darkness for 11 days...then I introduce light and air exchanges at the same time I cold shock. Punch all the buttons at one time...shock them (strange though, B+ really doesn't need it). I know this is no comfort but it has never failed unless ye ole cobweb mold hits. Afterthought...The only other thing that comes to mind that is major is that a dry casing will inhibit pinn set too, but it's hard to have overlay on a dry casing. Good Luck.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #69349 - 12/24/99 05:12 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well its funny Moe said to be patient....the next day I found 4 pin heads in one....then in the afternoon 2 other pin heads were seen in another tray! And I had just harvested my first 2 B+ mushrooms that same night!!!!

ShroomMage:

Thank You for the compliment :smile: This is my second attempt at cultivation and IM very pleased with my results thus far.... The overlay happend by my prolonged incubation of the casing....I had the one tray cased and covered for 5 days.....dont ask me why but I forgot I did not want my casing to be completly colonized(I felt like a dumb ass) So I imediatly recased and am now seeing 4 pins in this caseing! Oh and when I recased....I didnt use the orginal casing I used to case with...instead this casing is a Verm/zoodoo mix (zoodoo=zoopoop) I decided to use this as I have 30 pound of it :smile:

P.S. I will try cold Shocking my EQs as well thanks guys :smile:

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

[This message has been edited by PanTrop (edited December 24, 1999).]

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation