Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Microsoft and lawsuits.
    #691850 - 06/21/02 06:49 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

EVERY time I open the paper, I get to the business section and their is something new about Microsoft being sued by someone else.
Now mind you their not being sued for tax evasion, drugs or anything serriously criminal, theyre being sued for being the best, being the creators.

Microsoft, Bill Gates and his crew is the reason you have a PC in front of you, they are the pioneers of the revolution. Sure Apple started the ball rolling but they droped the ball when they didnt see the potential.

Step in Microsoft, a company that built the computer industry the way we know it from the ground up. they are the reason that tens of thousands of high school computer geeks are now ritch beyond belief, they had a dream and they had the knowlede and power to make it come true.

So what is Microsoft really guilty of? They may have made their products unfriendly with their competitors products. They may have gathered contracts with every major computer manufacturer to make them the only choice you get with your new computer and they may have simply bought out bids from competitors on things that they thought might make them money in the future.

Isnt this the way of life? The biggest and the best survive? Isnt that the basis of the capitolist system? competition makes for a better product and lower prices?

I ask again? what have they done wrong? Ive asked in this forum before and I still just dont get it.. The verry reason that competitors ever had a chance to learn computers as they know it is becaus of the team at Microsoft, without them who knows what we would all be doing now?

Enron has been making soooo many headlines as they went bankrupt and are having to pay billions to the public but our government is sueing Miscrosoft Corp for more than Enron ever made and they have paid 20 times that amount already in fines for simply being the first and the best and using Americas capitolist system to the fullest.

I dont really know where I am going with this, I dont know if anyone shares my opinion.
Its just that Microsoft MADE the industry that others are trying to compeete in. Its just too early to say, you have to slow down, you have to break up, you must pay us 26 BILLION dollars because you are just too big. Its just not right to make them suffer for their accomplishments and for their roll in todays society.

Why should the creators of the Modern American Revolution suffer for bring us all something that we want, need and enjoy?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineperplexed
Re: Microsoft and lawsuits. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #691879 - 06/21/02 07:06 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

As much as i hate microsoft I have to agree with you. If anyone has the right to take any power away from them its the people who buy there products.

Anonymous

Re: Microsoft and lawsuits. [Re: GabbaDj]
    #691937 - 06/21/02 07:46 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

I work on mid-range computer systems. My first boss bought his first IBM AS400 for about $120,000.00. Thanks to Microsoft's so called "anti-competitive practices," IBM was compelled by market forces to drastically cut the prices of their computer systems across the board, most agressively in the micro-computer and mid-range product lines. Today, an AS400 can be purchased for under $8,000.00 and it has thousands times the computing power of the $120,000.00 system my old boss purchased.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion