Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Paintless dent repair?
    #6899343 -

I got hit somehow when I was parked in town and resulted in some nasty dents in my trunk... I have a guy coming to give me an estimate on paintless repair tomorrow I have two silver dollar sized dent and he told me about $150 since they're in the same panel...

I will was wondering if anyone had tried this? I've heard all sorts of varying things about doing it. This guy comes highly recommended and has 4 years experience doing over 2000 cars (he claims).

Anyone got any input? Price good? Is paintless dent repair even worth it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6899355 -

some people are damed good at it, I've seen it done a few different ways, depends
on the dent, as for worth it... compare to paying $500+ at a body shop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #6899568 -

hmm... i could get a new trunk lid for $300 from a same color car.

so it's a close trade off.

i hope someone else has some experience.

RT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6899739 -

If it's just knocked in, you could try something like this.

:thumbup:


--------------------
  Moderation is key 

  "There is no god higher than truth." 


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: D4NK]
    #6899832 -

You could go under the frame and hammer it out, or you could use one of those sucker things they have to fix it if it's not too bad. But, what do I know, the last accident I got in was bad x.x

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: doritojunkie]
    #6899842 -

doritojunkie said:
You could go under the frame and hammer it out



He has a lot of vehicle to go through before he gets to the trunk lid with that technique.  :tongue:


--------------------
Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little security shall soon have neither.
-Benjamin Franklin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: Legend9123]
    #6899854 -

Awr, I see. I just think the sucker thing is totally odd.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: doritojunkie]
    #6908938 -

The paintless dent guy came and did a great job for the price - I'm very happy..

He pulled one small one out using hot glue and another bigger one he got behind it and banged it out.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good fix.

RT

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Paintless dent repair? [Re: rawtoxic]
    #6909025 -



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* car dent and scratch repair cost? zathan 566 0 02/21/07 03:42 PM
by zathan
* Auto body repair help........??? Schwip 673 9 12/10/06 10:58 AM
by Schwip
* . z_x_x_z 684 3 04/29/07 07:09 PM
by moon_glue
* Free online auto repair guides anyone? UnholyChild666 437 1 01/05/08 06:38 AM
by Prisoner#1
* Help me with my car. (diy sunroof repair.) PDU 2,072 10 10/17/07 09:29 PM
by PDU
* Consolidating my debt - repairing my credit.
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,621 24 05/16/08 05:56 AM
by perosiste
* Can the human soul be un-repairably damaged?
( 1 2 3 all )
ZippoZM 3,884 46 12/04/06 02:49 PM
by Disco Cat
* Auto-Mechanics: free online repair guides 40oz 963 15 11/03/05 06:00 AM
by Prisoner#1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
727 topic views. 1 members, 203 guests and 302 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.