Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
How about Phil Hughes?
    #6860167 -

He had a no hitter going on there tonight. Definitely one of the best prospects in the game right now. Hopefully his injury is nothing serious. We'll hear from Torre in a few.

Fuck that overpriced jap Dice K, we've got K Hughes. :grin:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6860253 -

Seriously man I hope that injury is nothing. :foreheadslap:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6860405 -

I'd rather overpay for Matsuzaka than Igawa :shrug:  Although Igawa looked great the other night against the Sox.

I hope Hughes isn't hurt bad either - I'm starting to feel bad for the Yankees, with all these injuries!


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: Liz]
    #6860432 -

Blasphemer!


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: Liz]
    #6862054 -

Liz said:
I hope Hughes isn't hurt bad either - I'm starting to feel bad for the Yankees, with all these injuries!



FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK. What the FUCK is up with our pitching staff? Hughes has a no-hit bid in the fucking seventh, in his second major league start...anyone watching can attest to the fact that the kid was BRINGING IT.  First-pitch strikes, just placing his fastball perfectly on the corners, and then bringing in a 12-to-6 curve that made seasoned hitters like Michael Young look foolish.

And then *pop* - and with that hamstring injury, he is out for 4-6 weeks.

:shake:


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6862122 -

HAHA
Even with all the money in the world you cannot win. Serves you bastards right. :wink:


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6862175 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Liz said:
I hope Hughes isn't hurt bad either - I'm starting to feel bad for the Yankees, with all these injuries!



FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK. What the FUCK is up with our pitching staff? Hughes has a no-hit bid in the fucking seventh, in his second major league start...anyone watching can attest to the fact that the kid was BRINGING IT.  First-pitch strikes, just placing his fastball perfectly on the corners, and then bringing in a 12-to-6 curve that made seasoned hitters like Michael Young look foolish.

And then *pop* - and with that hamstring injury, he is out for 4-6 weeks.

:shake:



Welcome to my life...FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS.

I'll send you a Mark Prior uni.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6863165 -

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Liz said:
I hope Hughes isn't hurt bad either - I'm starting to feel bad for the Yankees, with all these injuries!



FUCK. FUCK FUCK FUCK. What the FUCK is up with our pitching staff? Hughes has a no-hit bid in the fucking seventh, in his second major league start...anyone watching can attest to the fact that the kid was BRINGING IT.  First-pitch strikes, just placing his fastball perfectly on the corners, and then bringing in a 12-to-6 curve that made seasoned hitters like Michael Young look foolish.

And then *pop* - and with that hamstring injury, he is out for 4-6 weeks.

:shake:



4 - 6 weeks??? What the fuck.. Man this is getting more and more ridiculous by the day.


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: robbyberto]
    #6863491 -

robbyberto said:
HAHA
Even with all the money in the world you cannot win. Serves you bastards right. :wink:



That's really not very nice to say.

I don't think it serves them right - noone deserves to get injured, especially a talented up and coming pitcher like that.  I'm a sox fan and really don't like the Yankees very much, but I'd like to be able to say that we're beating them when they're at their best, not decimated by injuries.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: Liz]
    #6863573 -

I was joking. It does suck.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: robbyberto]
    #6864242 -

I have seen every Phil Hughes minor league start last season, and he VERY often carried no hitters into the 5th and 6th innings. he is extremely dominant and aggressive early in the AB. He is going to be very good one day, just has to get over the rookie bumbs.

he will most likely return to the minors after this injury.


--------------------
"They call it a trip because it takes you places"
~TC


All i know is something like a bird within her sang/ All i know she sang a little while and then flew on/Tell me all that you know, i'll show you snow and rain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: deadHead321]
    #6865382 -

"He is going to be very good one day"

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd say he's pretty damn good right now, given how well he just did in a major league game :shrug:

And to the other poster, thanks for clarifying that you were kdiding.  I just hate it when people really wish injury upon someone, regardless of the team they play on.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: Liz]
    #6865730 -

His first time out against Toronto was a little rocky but what more can you expect right? This second outing against Texas was phenomenal. :yesnod:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6865735 -



--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6865768 -

Although I don't think he played a major role in our players injuries it can't really hurt as any right?


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6865789 -

No. What I love most about the article is the mention that he sure knows a lot about bodies, but does that necessarily translate to baseball? Why the hell wouldn't the Yankees hire someone for that position who was FAMILIAR WITH BASEBALL ATHLETES?!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6866636 -

I love how you fire your conditioning coach because your great rookie pitcher blew out his hammy the week after your other pitcher got nailed with a ball in the knee.

Totally his fault, I can see your point.

:oogle:


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How about Phil Hughes? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6866643 -

That's just Karstens - Mussina and Wang both went down with hammy injuries, and players have been complaining about the guy since Spring Training. I don't think he's entirely to blame, I think in a way Cashman just wanted to do Something.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* For OMR --- Buster Olney On Phillip Hughes Madtowntripper 426 0 04/27/07 12:09 PM
by Madtowntripper
* Hughes vs Gracie: Your Predictions SkorpivoMusterion 1,565 18 04/26/06 03:21 PM
by d33p
* Oswalt perfect through 6 innings. Deadmaker 515 4 09/03/06 02:00 PM
by Deadmaker
* "Tribe baffled by phenom" THE KRAT BARON 672 7 08/11/07 07:52 PM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Roger Clemens
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 4,535 44 05/21/07 10:39 PM
by deadHead321
* I'm on the verge of being seriously disappointed with Brian Cashman... OneMoreRobot3021 843 13 12/12/06 09:44 AM
by Madtowntripper
* Philip Hughes to make major league debut Thursday. OneMoreRobot3021 605 3 04/23/07 09:32 PM
by Liz
* Javier Vázquez perfect through 5. Deadmaker 376 2 05/06/06 06:39 PM
by Deadmaker

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,080 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 6 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.