Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
germinating Banisteriopsis caapi seeds
    #6833313 -

I have been trying unsuccessfully to germinate caapi seeds for some time now with absolutely no luck. I have found very little info out there on this and everyone I talk to says just buy a clone and air layer more clones in a few years.Well I do have a healthy clone but i still want to germinate these seeds. they are winged seeds much like those of a maple tree. I don't know if the germination time is extremely long(like psychotria viridis) or my seeds just aren't viable. Any info on this topic would be much appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: germinating Banisteriopsis caapi seeds [Re: Knoa6]
    #6833381 -

I have been planning on germinating some as well, just waiting until I have time to do so. The only useful info I could is this:
Sew in loamy moist soil with the seed head buried 1/8th "deep with the key pointing up and out of the soil. Keep on a heat mat (warm humid conditions) covered in a humidity dome until growth is shown and they have sprouted their second set of leaves. They can then be slowly acclimated to a drier environment. I also read that the temps need to be around 70 to 90F. I have no idea how long they take to germinate though.


--------------------




Wado

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: germinating Banisteriopsis caapi seeds [Re: DaoTuat]
    #6833579 -

They go dormant incredibly quick. Any seeds that you purchase from a vendor will be dormant. You can try GA-3 (gibberellic acid). It's from a natural growth regulator from a fungus that helps break dormancy in many stubborn seeds. If I remember correctly, it was discovered when a certain crop that was suffering from an unexplained etoliation was found to be infected with the fungus. They eventually realized that this could be helpful with certain reluctant growers.

http://www.supergib.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: germinating Banisteriopsis caapi seeds [Re: blazed123]
    #6833660 -

Thanks that makes a lot of sense, I didn't consider dormancy dew to their tropical home. valuable info!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: germinating Banisteriopsis caapi seeds [Re: blazed123]
    #6834059 -

Would 2000 ppm be sufficient? How long should the seeds be soaked in the solution?


--------------------




Wado

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Banisteriopsis Caapi seedlings. !!! jojoba 1,792 4 04/24/04 04:23 PM
by rdnp2035
* Banisteriopsis caapi question Delita 1,605 4 07/19/05 11:48 AM
by Stonehenge
* Shaman Australis and B. Caapi Seeds Hooty 1,341 4 02/15/04 03:01 PM
by
* Germinating Accacia madenii seeds? entheoindole 584 2 09/21/04 11:59 AM
by psylo33o
* Germing b. caapi jonnyjonjonjon 1,521 10 05/07/05 10:03 AM
by Chemical_Bliss
* Obtaining Syrian Rue, or Banisteriopsis caapi GRiMBLe_GRuMBLe 2,687 6 03/06/02 09:47 AM
by gnrm23
* How to grow Banisteriopsis Caapi? Funkey 15,519 16 04/19/06 01:33 PM
by mr_minds_eye
* Germinating hot climate seeds under lamp El_Presidente 1,020 3 11/07/05 11:10 AM
by Psiloman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
2,161 topic views. 0 members, 12 guests and 23 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.