Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Happy Bicycle Day!!!
    #6805264 -

i may be a bit early with this, but it's 4/19 over here already... so let me be the first one to wish you all a happy bicycle day!!!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: In(di)go]
    #6805501 -

In(di)go said:
i may be a bit early with this, but it's 4/19 over here already... so let me be the first one to wish you all a happy bicycle day!!!



Yup, happy bicicle day  :lsd:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: In(di)go]
    #6805504 -

Now PM me some tabs!


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: In(di)go]
    #6805675 -

I'm hoping to score something tomorrow, but I'll actually save it for 4/20

God willing GGP will come through for once


--------------------
There is no valid reason you should be reading this

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: Hyper_Panda_GO]
    #6806065 -

Bicycle Day

The psychedelic effects of LSD were unknown for the next five years. Dr. Hofmann writes in LSD: My Problem Child that a "peculiar presentiment" prompted him to revisit LSD-25. While re-synthesizing the compound for further study, he became dizzy and was forced to stop work:

Last Friday, April 16, 1943, I was forced to interrupt my work in the laboratory in the middle of the afternoon and proceed home, being affected by a remarkable restlessness, combined with a slight dizziness. At home I lay down and sank into a not unpleasant intoxicated-like condition, characterized by an extremely stimulated imagination. In a dreamlike state, with eyes closed (I found the daylight to be unpleasantly glaring), I perceived an uninterrupted stream of fantastic pictures, extraordinary shapes with intense, kaleidoscopic play of colors. After some two hours this condition faded away.

Three days later, on April 19, 1943 (known as Bicycle Day), Dr. Hofmann intentionally ingested 250 µg of LSD, which he hypothesized would be a threshold dose, based on other ergot alkaloids. In reality, this is a fairly substantial dose and the threshold would actually be around 25 µg. Hoffman wrote:

By now it was already clear to me that LSD had been the cause of the remarkable experience of the previous Friday, for the altered perceptions were of the same type as before, only much more intense. I had to struggle to speak intelligibly. I asked my laboratory assistant, who was informed of the self-experiment, to escort me home. We went by bicycle, no automobile being available because of wartime restrictions on their use. On the way home, my condition began to assume threatening forms. Everything in my field of vision wavered and was distorted as if seen in a curved mirror. I also had the sensation of being unable to move from the spot. Nevertheless, my assistant later told me we had traveled very rapidly.

Dr. Hofmann summoned a doctor, who could find no abnormal physical symptoms other than extremely dilated pupils. After spending several hours terrified that his body had been possessed by a demon, that his next door neighbour was a witch, and that his furniture was threatening him, Dr. Hofmann feared he had become completely insane.

[The doctor] saw no reason to prescribe any medication. Instead he conveyed me to my bed and stood watch over me. Slowly I came back from a weird, unfamiliar world to reassuring everyday reality. The horror softened and gave way to a feeling of good fortune and gratitude, the more normal perceptions and thoughts returned, and I became more confident that the danger of insanity was conclusively past. Now, little by little I could begin to enjoy the unprecedented colors and plays of shapes that persisted behind my closed eyes. Kaleidoscopic, fantastic images surged in on me, alternating, variegated, opening and then closing themselves in circles and spirals, exploding in colored fountains, rearranging and hybridizing themselves in constant flux. It was particularly remarkable how every acoustic perception, such as the sound of a door handle or a passing automobile, became transformed into optical perceptions. Every sound generated a vividly changing image, with its own consistent form and color ... Exhausted, I then slept, to awake next morning refreshed, with a clear head, though still somewhat tired physically. A sensation of well-being and renewed life flowed through me. Breakfast tasted delicious and gave me extraordinary pleasure. When I later walked out into the garden, in which the sun shone now after a spring rain, everything glistened and sparkled in a fresh light. The world was as if newly created. All my senses vibrated in a condition of highest sensitivity, which then persisted for the entire day. This self-experiment showed that LSD-25 behaved as a psychoactive substance with extraordinary properties and potency. There was to my knowledge no other known substance that evoked such profound psychic effects in such extremely low doses, that caused such dramatic changes in human consciousness and our experience of the inner and outer world.

Interest in the drug was revived after Dr. Hofmann's experiment, and the University of Zurich began conducting systematic human trials on both normal participants and psychiatric patients diagnosed with schizophrenia. In both cases, the predominant reaction was euphoria. Sandoz began producing LSD under the trade name Delysid for research, suggesting that the drug might be useful "to elicit release of repressed material and provide mental relaxation, particularly in anxiety states and obsessional neuroses" and also for self-experimentation by psychiatrists, "to gain an insight into the world of ideas and sensations of mental patients".


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: In(di)go]
    #6806095 -

Sweet! its a bit early but hey, go have fun riding your bike today anyway.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: Skunk420]
    #6806103 -

Wow, I actually thought it had something to do with riding... I just cleaned off my bike and set my goal to ride over the mountain on the outskirt of town!

Oh well, happy lsd + bicycle day!


--------------------


You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: dshak66]
    #6806106 -

Can you believe Albert Hoffman's still alive?(hopefully I'm not jinxing it by pointing this out) I think they should research LSD's potential for causing immortality.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: Silversoul]
    #6806119 -

I'm willing to bet that's been proven wrong already. If it's not, than we're in for the scary reality that every hippy that ever dosed will be around... forever.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: In(di)go]
    #6806136 -

Meja happy bicycle day!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: Silversoul]
    #6806230 -

Silversoul said:
Can you believe Albert Hoffman's still alive?(hopefully I'm not jinxing it by pointing this out)  I think they should research LSD's potential for causing immortality.



Long live Hoffie :smile:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: jewunit]
    #6806232 -

That sounds good to me. :smile:

Happy bicycle day! :lsd::tripping::hug::tripping::lsd:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6806302 -





I taking my old lady out.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: dshak66]
    #6806315 -

I fucked up and fell asleep when I was supposed to be picking up some lucy. Now its gone.....I'm sad.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6806342 -

blewmeanie said:
I fucked up and fell asleep when I was supposed to be picking up some lucy. Now its gone.....I'm sad.



How can one fall asleep when he knows lucy's coming?  :foreheadslap:


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6806347 -

That should be a ban-able offense.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6806358 -

Yeah I work at night. I was supposed to get up to call a guy....I really hate myself. I sold my last of my mushrooms to get the money too.....its really pathetic. Fuck it I'm getting some morning glory seeds.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: In(di)go]
    #6806596 -

I cant really enjoy this day much without cid, but shrooming and riding is fun too. :yesnod::p
It would be fun if I had some shrooms though, but what a thought.

Edited by skunk78395 (04/18/07 10:14 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: Skunk420]
    #6806904 -

think im gonna do some shrooms to celebrate. i also just realized that a great idea for a tattoo would be 419 in roman numerals which would come out to be CDXIX.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Happy Bicycle Day!!! [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6807535 -

MushroomTrip said:
Silversoul said:
Can you believe Albert Hoffman's still alive?(hopefully I'm not jinxing it by pointing this out)  I think they should research LSD's potential for causing immortality.



Long live Hoffie :smile:


...Not bad for 101...(100 in this pic)...


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Happy Bicycle Day! *DELETED* wandrnshaman 1,202 15 04/19/05 07:41 PM
by captmueller
* Happy Bicycle Day! tomas 1,651 8 04/19/05 03:00 PM
by gdman
* My 12,001 post at the Shroomery.: Albert Hofmann Melts
( 1 2 all )
mjshroomer 4,002 29 03/16/06 10:00 PM
by mjshroomer
* happy 100th birthday Albert Hoffman!!!! yay!!! kaiowas 1,249 18 01/11/06 05:55 PM
by abrad84
* "The Bicycle Ride" BLAST_420 835 9 05/10/06 10:22 PM
by aNeway2sayHooray
* Happy Birthday: Albert Hofmann lysergicide 915 9 01/11/06 03:19 PM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Celebrate Bicycle Day - April 19th Vvellum 855 4 04/14/05 09:22 AM
by Todcasil
* Happy Acid Day
( 1 2 all )
Che_Night_Soil 3,718 22 04/18/03 11:02 AM
by Che_Night_Soil

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,039 topic views. 5 members, 9 guests and 97 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.