Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Ecuador/ B+ mixup???
    #67556 - 12/05/99 04:22 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone?

Come on, i'm freakin' out, ecuadors with wavy caps?

Not to mention all of my B+ have fucked up caps. That wasn't rosecomb like I thought.... Here is a pic that clearly shows this very strange cap shape that forms:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleinbetween
addict
Loc: maps
    #67558 - 12/05/99 07:52 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I found one of those vaginas on a shroom as well. It was probably an equador, though all my strains got mixed together because I really didn't care all that much. I have yet to see a wavy cap, so I don't know. Is it useful to go to the PF sight and compare, I think he has pictures of B+ and equadors so maybe through process of elimination.

--------------------
my vocabulary did this to me

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #67559 - 12/05/99 08:03 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

I dunno man. I've been growing Eq's for a while now and never have I seen wavy caps like that. Where did you get your spores from? Post more pics when they mature. Thats the weirdest shit. They don't look like any Equadors I've ever grown. And I've never seen a B+ that looked like that either.
Someone Identify these. I don't think their Eq's.

The Lizard,

--------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#67560 - 12/06/99 02:13 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 05:13 PM)

Anonymous

#67561 - 12/06/99 07:02 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm. Your Equadors look very much like genetics from the B+...hard to say for sure...but I would give them a B+.

------------------
Peace, Love & Light

Anonymous

#67562 - 12/06/99 09:35 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

Well, the humidity is so high, because they are just cakes, (the perlite prob made it look like a casing). I am going to change my setup when I start up casings in a month, but right now they are just PF cakes on perlite.

I still have solution left from my syringes, so in case it was a mixup I'll know on the next batch hopefully. Also, all 10 of my cakes have responded (although at different times) and produced mushies, so even though my yields won't be as high, I still view this as a big success as it was my first time.

In case I do have something mixed up, I'm going to reorder the Ecuadors and B+. Thanks for your reponses :smile:

Anonymous

#67563 - 12/06/99 09:45 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

A couple of things.
1. Your cap (in the one picture) is touching the wall of the growing chamber and is "sucking" up moisture. This in my experience is the reason for the wavy cap. It is hard to tell what kind of shroom it is because the caps have opened. Maybe if we could see a picture of the mushroom before the cap opened, we could help more.

I have grown B+'s and EQ's in the same growing chamber. Both B+'s and EQ's are very similar looking!!

Later, Tor

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#67564 - 12/06/99 11:28 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 05:15 PM)

Anonymous

#67565 - 12/06/99 12:39 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the info Ryche! right now i'm limited to indoor growing, but I'm really interested in fruiting in different temps to see how the mushrooms do.

I am really careful with everything regarding the mushies, so I don't actually think I made any mixups (the only chance is if i was high the day I birthed them... but oh well). I just read about the characteristics on the different spore sites, but I guess since both strains are being grown indoors and in 'identical' conditions it would be expected that they'd look similar.

Anyway, I'm sure it will all make sense in the end, and i'll be sure to post 'trip reports' and a comparison between the two strains regarding trip quality. 2 g's of each will be ingested 2 weeks apart under as similar conditions as I can make.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale