Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Early Season Baseball Discussion
    #6745864 -

1) I saw Boof Bonser was pitching for the Twins yesterday. I know he pitched for them last year, but he's their number 2 now? Thats a pretty big drop-off from Santana. Johann Santana is a #1 for any team in the league. But Boof Bonser is the best you can trot out after him? Wow. Good luck in that division. Hopefully Mauer or Morneau have a nasty sinker we havent seen yet, or things aren't looking up for the Twins chances...

2) The Brewers are 2-0, and I wouldn't even mention it, except that I have to listen to it EVERY WAKING MOMENT. I think they will be respectable, but if you listen to the people around here (Milwaukee), the Brewers are on their way to 162-0. To use someone else's favorite quote, this is buffoonery of the highest order. BTW, they play today at noon, and its fucking snowing here. I'm sorry, but if your team plays in a town where it snows in April, you should be forced to play road games until May. This is just my feeling on things. Baseball is a summer game, it should be hot.

3) Many of my pre-season baseball bets already look like shit. I have alot of money riding that Mark Prior will win more games than Ben Sheets. Unless I can convince the guy I have the bet with that we can count AAA games, I may just have to chalk this one up as a loss. I need Derek Lee to hit a homer today, too. Otherwise my "First Baseman w/ the Most HR's" bet will be in danger too, since I think Richie Sexson hit *2* the other night. No confirmation from this though, as I cant be bothered to check the score for a fucking diamondbacks game. I will not sink this low.

4) The Cubs are for sale. I cant decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing. At leas the tribune company is willing to spend money. I dont see some investment banker throwing vast sums of money at Soriano-like players if he's trying to run the franchise like a business. But maybe we'll luck out and get Mark Cuban, or something...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6745899 -

Sexson? Diamondbacks? He's on Seattle and they played Oakland. :lol:

Didja hear the new Twins stadium is gonna be roofless?  And it snows regularly in April there. Idiots.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6745911 -

What the fuck ever.

Who cares. Out West is the same as Out East.

I dont give a fuck about either one of them.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6745915 -

:crankey:

AL East rox yer sox.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6745931 -

The last two world champions are from which divisions?

Oh, thats right. The Central...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6745934 -

BTW, that is the only time you will hear me refer to the 2006 Cardinals as "World Champs"

I'm now going back to pretending that whole thing never happened, and that the Tigers won the World Series...


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6745974 -

1. I dunno about the boofster or any of their other pitchers but that does seem to be a major Twins problem that the "experts" seem to have overlooked when anointing the AL Central the best division in baseball.

2. Could that have been my quote? You're right, they're stupid. Make bets now.

3. But not as incredibly stupid as the Prior/Sheets bet. What the fuck were you thinking? Lee over Sexson is probably safe unless Lee gets his hand in the way of another runner again.

4. After years of frugality the Tribune finally shake some shekels loose just to make the team saleable. Anybody who buys them will be an improvement. It's not as if they're taking over from a championship factory. The Cubs play in one of the nation's largest markets and have a grotesquely loyal, in the face of abject failure, fan base. Imagine the money maker they could be if they didn't perrenially suck.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6746657 -

Once again I am picking the Brewers to make it in to the playoffs again. They are off to a good start but it is a very long season. Should be a good race in the central division though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: gregorio]
    #6746663 -

gregorio said:
Once again I am picking the Brewers to make it in to the playoffs again. They are off to a good start but it is a very long season.




I assume you mean your picking them again, because they certainly didnt make the playoffs last year.
Quote:
Should be a good race in the central division though.




Undoubtedly.


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6746737 -

You right, I picked them again. :crazy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: gregorio]
    #6746854 -

CRAZINESS


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6746912 -

They are supposed to win the Central this year.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6746950 -

Yes, and the Yankees were supposed to win the World Series last year, the Indians are supposed to be a lock this year, and Ted Lilly is supposed to be worth 50 million dollars.

But none of those are true either!


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6747020 -

I never heard anybody say any of those things. Except for the Lilly thing, but that was an opinion held only by a certain group of very special small bus grown ups who for some unfathomable reason have been given control of a baseball team. None of whom I know personally or who write anything I've read. So there.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6747056 -

1) If you are claiming you didn't think the Yankees would win at the start of the playoffs last year, your a liar.

2) Sports Illustrated has the Indians winning the whole thing this year.

3) -


--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6747101 -

Madtowntripper said:
1) If you are claiming you didn't think the Yankees would win at the start of the playoffs last year, your a liar.



I thought they were the favorite but here is the thing you fail to understand: there are eight teams in the playoffs, a team that I think has a 1 in 4 chance of winning in an eight team playoff is the favorite. That does not mean I think they have a better than even chance of beating everyone. I've been watching this game too long for that. The only time I ever gave them a better than 50/50 chance at the start of the playoffs was 1998. And that doesn't even encompass the regular season. So, basically, fuck you for calling me a liar when you lack the intellectual capacity to understand the difference between a favorite and a better than even favorite.
Quote:
2) Sports Illustrated has the Indians winning the whole thing this year.



SI making their preseason Wild Ass Guess does not constitute a declaration that they are a lock.
Quote:


3) -



I guess you agree with me on this one.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6747121 -

Madtowntripper said:
Yes, and the Yankees were supposed to win the World Series last year, the Indians are supposed to be a lock this year, and Ted Lilly is supposed to be worth 50 million dollars.

But none of those are true either!



So, are you saying the Cubs are gonna win the Central? Haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: Deadmaker]
    #6747924 -

"I think Richie Sexson hit *2* the other night. No confirmation from this though"

Yeh hes at two

Go Mariners! lol , first time they've started a season 2 and 0 in 11 or 15 years  :lol:


--------------------
"...Terrific, im glad we've had this time to discuss..im outro, call me if you wanna blaze one up.."


Edited by cApTaInCrAp (04/04/07 07:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: cApTaInCrAp]
    #6748277 -

The Braves and Brian McCann are going to dominate the NL east. You shall see.


--------------------
R.I.P Rod Beck

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Early Season Baseball Discussion [Re: robbyberto]
    #6749812 -

Attention all baseball fans: the Pittsburgh Pirates are in first place in the Central division.

:lol: I wonder how long that will last.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Season Length's Banez 2,358 18 04/13/06 05:44 AM
by OldSpice
* Paws NFL pre-season thread...
( 1 2 all )
OldSpice 5,544 20 04/09/06 01:00 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* The new season of Ultimate Fighter HagbardCeline 1,496 6 04/07/06 09:34 PM
by HagbardCeline
* Ricky Williams Suspended entire 2006 season. QuantumMeltdown 898 8 04/28/06 08:25 AM
by Banez
* Shroomery Fantasy Football 2014
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
KillerPicklez 22,276 279 12/24/14 11:13 AM
by zappaisgod
* Sheoomery baseball 2013
( 1 2 3 4 ... 19 20 )
zappaisgod 21,739 393 12/04/13 06:18 AM
by Pureless
* BaseballNERD hamandcheese 843 5 02/26/14 03:30 AM
by hamandcheese
* ESPN Baseball Challenge MadSeasonAbove 401 0 03/27/13 06:39 PM
by MadSeasonAbove

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
3,177 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.