Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Secure Login
    #6735896 -

Just how secure is this "Secure Login" option?

I'm planning on login from my school on recess sometimes but I don't want my user/pass to be sniffed, I'm guessing this option uses ssh, but just how secure is it? Don't we need a certificate to use it securely? Is there a way to browse all the forums thru ssh? Does this keep the used computer free of cookies/info from the forums?

I'm just wondering because at my school there are only macs and I won't trust those machines from the devil for a minute :tongue:

Thanks for the help!


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Secure Login [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #6736038 -

Yeah, 'Secure Login' uses SSL which is safe. The data is encrypted and your browser will give you an error if anyone tries to tamper with the connection (our certificate is verified automatically). Since you're a mod now I gave you supporter status and you can enable SSL browsing at the bottom of your basic preferences. This will keep everything safe that goes to and from the server. It won't automatically stop cookies from being set, but as long as you don't check the 'remember me' box on log-in there shouldn't be any cookies you need to worry about once you close the browser (there may still be some, but they won't contain sensitive information).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Secure Login [Re: Ythan]
    #6736136 -

Hey make me a supporter too while you're at it. My avatar recently became larger, yet I don't have the ability to enable Secure Login or to change the color of my screen-name. :frown:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Secure Login [Re: Ythan]
    #6736149 -

Ah, great to know, you confirmed everything I suspected but I didn't want to risk it, since those macs are used by lots of people.
Thank you so very much!


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Secure Login [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6736172 -

fireworks_god said:
Hey make me a supporter too while you're at it. 



Hey, make me a supporter too while your at it.

:salmon:


--------------------
Unlike many herbs, mint likes it moist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Secure Login [Re: SirTokesALittle]
    #6736193 -

Fork over the cash Edward.


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Secure Login [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6736233 -

Well, just in case anybody is reading this and gets a supporter account for the ssh feature... when your browser asks for a username/pass it's actually asking for your screename and not login name...

Took me like 15 minutes of craziness to realize that and stop fighting my browser :grin:
I'm dumb, indeed.


--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* secure login, secure pm's, ythan in something larger than a thong Irishdrunk 1,649 14 08/17/07 08:50 AM
by GoodbyeOrb
* Secure login sui 670 1 06/16/07 12:23 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Secure login? Dobie 678 8 02/24/08 09:28 PM
by Dobie
* problem with secure login password ZippoZM 512 0 03/14/05 10:46 PM
by ZippoZ
* Secure PMs & ssl Cepheus 1,008 10 01/24/09 03:38 PM
by Cepheus
* Why am I getting the security certificate warning when I open threads? JunkFood 1,448 9 02/22/07 09:40 PM
by JunkFood
* auto-login wont work Anonymous 1,121 11 07/19/04 02:40 AM
by Anonymous
* secure connect CptnGarden 841 9 07/31/08 10:51 PM
by CptnGarden

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
1,130 topic views. 0 members, 6 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.