Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine
    #6694415 -
Log in to view attachment

Come on, although ya try to discredit
Ya still never edit
The needle, I'll thread it
Radically poetic
Standin' with the fury that they had in '66
And like E-Double I'm mad
Still knee-deep in the system's shit
Hoover, he was a body remover
I'll give ya a dose
But it'll never come close
To the rage built up inside of me
Fist in the air, in the land of hypocrisy

Movements come and movements go
Leaders speak, movements cease
When their heads are flown
'Cause all these punks
Got bullets in their heads
Departments of police, the judges, the feds
Networks at work, keepin' people calm
You know they went after King
When he spoke out on Vietnam
He turned the power to the have-nots
And then came the shot

Yeah!
Yeah, back in this...
Wit' poetry, my mind I flex
Flip like Wilson, vocals never lackin' dat finesse
Whadda I got to, whadda I got to do to wake ya up
To shake ya up, to break the structure up
'Cause blood still flows in the gutter
I'm like takin' photos
Mad boy kicks open the shutter
Set the groove
Then stick and move like I was Cassius
Rep the stutter step
Then bomb a left upon the fascists
Yea, the several federal men
Who pulled schemes on the dream
And put it to an end
Ya better beware
Of retribution with mind war
20/20 visions and murals with metaphors
Networks at work, keepin' people calm
Ya know they murdered X
And tried to blame it on Islam
He turned the power to the have-nots
And then came the shot

Uggh!
What was the price on his head?
What was the price on his head!


I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard a shot
I think I heard, I think I heard a shot

'He may be a real contender for this position should he
abandon his supposed obediance to white liberal doctrine
of non-violence...and embrace black nationalism'
'Through counter-intelligence it should be possible to
pinpoint potential trouble-makers...And neutralize them,
neutralize them, neutralize them'

Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!
Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

How long? Not long, cause what you reap is what you sow


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: trendal]
    #6694423 -

thx i think ill have my morning cd to burn

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: trendal]
    #6694454 -

*sew.

Damn good song.
Heck, that whole first self-titled album was badass.
Too bad nothing came of it, politically nor socially.


--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: nunciate]
    #6694467 -

No, it's spelled sow :wink:

As in "to sow a seed".


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: trendal]
    #6694475 -

Ah, fuck.

You are correct. 
For some reason, I thought one would "sew" seeds.

I'll try not to be so hasty in the future. 
I felt so sure of myself...
eh, I could make excuses, but I have to realize I'm just dumb sometimes.

...I thought you were referencing piggies... really, I did.

:frown:


--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: nunciate]
    #6694477 -

No problem man :wink:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: trendal]
    #6694484 -

Nah, it is.
Maybe not to you, but I've been fucking up like this a -lot- lately.
It burns deep down. Adding to the pile of "why exist?" that I emerge from everyday...
I used to be smart and useful. Really, I did.
But, these last few months.... Not so much.

I thank you for letting it slide.
But I keep doing these kinds of things.

It's not good.


--------------------
I am the devil and I am just like you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: trendal]
    #6694507 -

Can't wait to see them live in 1 and a half months!!!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6694521 -

They could be fuckin with other niggas shit but they can't be fuckin with mine!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: nunciate]
    #6695084 -

nunciate said:
Damn good song.
Heck, that whole first self-titled album was badass.



yea verily. it's the only rage album i ever listen to these days. so great.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: tiny_rabid_birds]
    #6695138 -

You know, I knew the lyrics to that song, but I never really 'got it' until I read it there just now.

Thanks for posting that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: Sillicybin]
    #8191364 -

Thank God for RATM. Was sitting here apathetic, considering the situation we've found ourselves in as a society and stumbled on a Rage reference. Now the self-titled album is in my stereo and I am, too, thankful for the existence of music. How powerful it can be.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wake Up! - Rage Against The Machine [Re: trendal]
    #8191377 -

:rockon:  :headbanger:  :headbang:  :hairmetal:  :drumming:


--------------------
:duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead: :duckie: :chickenhead:

i'm a spy huntin rap dinosaur from the future

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Neutral Milk Hotel Bootlegs Revelation 1,030 8 12/15/05 07:34 AM
by Revelation
* What neutralizes the smell of Pot "SMOKE" PsillyNilly 2,348 19 01/25/05 10:05 PM
by penlight438094
* Anybody know what this symbol represents? (Rage bassist's tattoo) Dfekt 13,898 5 10/11/05 10:19 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* waking life Xochitl 936 11 01/15/04 11:04 AM
by funkymonk
* Since we're rockin rage... ChiefThunderbong 362 0 02/12/05 02:46 PM
by ChiefThunderbong
* Waking Life
( 1 2 all )
TiCal 1,410 26 03/15/05 07:40 PM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Would you support the 'Big Machine'? Cowgold 658 2 11/15/05 12:17 PM
by Learyfan
* Machine gun....... Hooty 2,530 17 08/09/04 12:25 PM
by Hooty

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,333 topic views. 5 members, 9 guests and 70 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.003 seconds on 14 queries.