Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBenzl
enthusiast
Re: Compost corner.
    #66446 - 04/27/99 05:43 PM (24 years, 11 months ago)

Phuqs sake, I have been trying to post that all week, it seems to relate to a number of current threads, I will tidy it and hopefully submit it soon for proper archiving with some pictures that I have, sorry about the breaks as I really did not press return once!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Compost corner. [Re: Benzl]
    #66448 - 04/28/99 10:55 AM (24 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you so much! There is a great lacking of teks for outdoor purposes. Bravo!

------------------
Prosecuters will be violated.

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#66449 - 04/28/99 01:15 AM (24 years, 11 months ago)

EXCELLENT!

This is great in and outdoor tek. Like the big mushroom farms do it. I once read a book on farming agaricus very similar never put 2+2 together tho. Please do post pics.

Thanks,
X

OfflineCode
addict
    #66450 - 04/27/99 10:57 PM (24 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the info, I've been looking for a compost method recently. That was interesting to read.

Yesterday I dropped by Home Depot and purchased 40 lbs of composted cow manure for $1. I put about 10lbs or so of it into a 38 quart plastic bin (about 3-4 square feet) and mixed in a few cups of fine vermiculite to lighten it up a bit. After mixing and watering to what I felt was a reasonable consistancy, I chopped up two colonized cakes (one brown rice, one birdseed) and buried them at a depth of about 1 inch (compost is about 2-2.5 inches deep) I placed the lid on the container and left it in the closet. I'll report back on how its doing later.

OfflineCode
addict
    #66451 - 04/28/99 07:18 PM (24 years, 11 months ago)

well, I checked the compost this afternoon and discovered that several of the little balls of compost on the top were sprouting a wispy white mold or fungus-like fuzz. Since these areas were not incontact with the mushroom cakes, I am forced to conclude that the compost is heavily infected with somethink I don't want to eat and will require sterilizing before use. I'll pull the mushroom cakes out tonight and hope they are salvagable. The compost goes in the oven at 300 degrees for an hour tonight. Hope the baking shit won't stink too bad.

My conclusion is that if you aren't already sure that the compost is sterile, either test it without spawn, or bake the shit.

Anonymous

#66452 - 04/29/99 10:33 AM (24 years, 10 months ago)

damn. ?say that again? hehe... that is definately a method that needs to be finalized and posted. growing outdoors really interests me, i want to learn more!!!
laters on....

OfflineBenzl
enthusiast
    #66453 - 05/02/99 04:44 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

The white threads going through the cow's business could be the good stuff as when the rhizomorphs go to work they can move fast and far so give it a go. I had found that depths of less than the ideal six inches gave too much and too easily accessed surface area and would dry out very fast, needing daily watering.

Anonymous

#66454 - 05/03/99 03:16 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Code, you would probably have better results if you let the compost colonize outdoors. The mold you saw was more than likely a result of lack of air flow because you put the lid to the container on. Fresh air prevents most molds from developing.

Hoth out

Offlinekbone
enthusiast
    #66455 - 05/03/99 04:28 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

ya, should repost that cuz its near summer

little bit long and hard to understand

Anonymous

#66456 - 05/03/99 04:35 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Sasquatch reposted it in thread: "Hey Benzl, what's up with your tek".

He seems to have been emailed a cleaner copy.

OfflineCode
addict
    #66457 - 05/03/99 04:56 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

I did place the container outside, with the lid slightly open (enough to allow plenty of air exchange). Its been raining alot lately, so its quite humid, I think the compost will stay fairly wet. I checked a couple of days after I put it out, and I didn't notice any new growth, and the one piece of cake that I left paritially buried so I could observe its growth is a tiny bit fuzzy, so I may yet get something good to grow. We'll see.

I'm still going to try sterilizing the manure first next time tho, its much easier without the contaminations. I just hope cooking shit in the oven won't stink up the place. Maybe I'll leave it out in the sun for a while to dry out first, that should help.

Anonymous

#66458 - 05/07/00 04:40 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

This is what I was searching for. Ressurection is in order. Allakazoot!

Anonymous

#66459 - 05/07/00 07:00 AM (23 years, 10 months ago)

u

[This message has been edited by sean1234 (edited May 07, 2000).]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract