Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Watch this drunk squirrel try to climb a tree. [Re: Cepheus]
    #6629307 -

aManEater said:
I guess it really depends on what you mean by civilized.

If you mean they become more intellectually capable then no, but then if they started to use their intellect as a tool to rape the earth then yes.

If we all lived a sustainable lifestyle I would feel that we were not making a damaging impact on nature.



I don't like what we do to the planet but I don't think it's any different from any other animal. I think any other animal would over populate the world and use all available resources if they were able to. The would eat and kill more than they need, they would has as many kids as possible, and they wouldn't care about anything but them self's ... just like humans. Just because they are in balance with their surrounding doesn't mean they want to be.


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Watch this drunk squirrel try to climb a tree. [Re: Jadian]
    #6629370 -

Jadian said:
jewunit said:
Of course we wouldn't survive, because we weren't brought up to survive in those situations. However, there are plenty of people who do survive like that with no problem, those people are not more "animalistic", for lack of a better term, than what we conceive as normal human beings.

Let me ask you this. If someday... I don't know... fucking deer became more "civilized" than humans, do you think they would be a virus?

I really don't see what is unnatural about how we've progressed, and I don't think I ever will. It kind of bothers me when other people suggest what we do is unnatural and the rest of the animal kingdom is natural.




Do a little search on "Feral Children" and tell me again that these kids aren't more "animalistic" than a normal person.



No matter what you refer me to I'm clearly always going to disagree, because my view on things is people are no more "animalistic" than any animal. We just have more capacity in certain areas.

It's going to be, and always will be, something that I will have to agree to disagree on with most people.


--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Favorite Trees
( 1 2 3 all )
AislingGheal 6,780 49 08/05/03 12:04 AM
by felix
* Squirrels high on crack cocaine
( 1 2 all )
Bi0TeK 2,937 23 10/24/22 07:38 PM
by durian_2008
* Watching rockets launch ToTheSummit 2,227 12 07/15/04 11:41 PM
by felix
* Anyone watch the VH1 special on dirty hippies?
( 1 2 all )
Jim 5,732 27 12/08/04 11:55 PM
by Jim
* Rock climbing Loki 1,886 11 09/13/04 10:32 PM
by Psilygirl
* Climbing Pics! PapaverS 2,185 18 06/21/22 12:04 AM
by gamergod88
* A dead squirrel is dead. TubOlucinogens 1,058 16 08/08/05 01:26 AM
by Shroomism
* I'm drunk! Yes, I am! MOTH 1,279 15 06/20/04 03:10 PM
by filthysock

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,736 topic views. 2 members, 20 guests and 220 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 17 queries.