Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!)
    #6579489 -

Today my fiance and I went and picked up our new rescue puppy from the transport location.  It was like a circus there!  The truck was dropping off 30-35 dogs to their new families/rescue organization/foster homes.  It was awesome!  SO many happy puppies, and so many happy families welcoming their newest "children" into their arms.  I also FINALLY got to meet the amazing women I have been dealing with for the past couple of weeks in bringing Molly home, it was great.

Molly is 16 weeks old, and she's a shepherd lab mix.  She's very skinny right now, only 18.5 pounds!  She's eating well though, so she'll get big and strong soon.  She has a little bit of a cold, and might have "kennel cough", which was kind of expected...a number of days in a nasty shelter, and then a week being boarded at a vets office, and THEN 2 days on a transport truck will make anyone not feel so well.  Since we anticipated this though, we made a vet appointment for Monday morning, so we'll get her the medicine she needs, probably just a general antibiotic. 

Here are some pictures I took today...as everyone knows, I take lots of pictures of my pets :blush:  So far, Molly is an AWESOME dog.  She's very sweet, friendly, and LOVES to be held.  She slept in my lap the whole way home.  She's been following us around at our heels since we brought her home, it's really cute :smile:  She doesn't like the snow very much, and whimpers when her paws get cold :lol:  I guess coming from a shelter down in TN, she wasn't used to this weather. 

Molly getting handed to us off the truck :sun:



Me and Molly



Me and Molly and Jo-Anne, one of the rescue workers who helped us find her and bring her home.  Jo-Anne was at the transport today picking up SIX dogs to foster and find homes for, she's amazing.



Molly getting used to the snow







Molly making some friends :smile:







Molly being damn cute





Molly and her Daddy :heart:







Me and Molly



This is Lyndsey...we considered adopting her before we chose Molly.  She's so freakin cute.  Actually, she was scheduled to be shipped here because of a misunderstanding...the shelter thought we were taking her, and then never took her name off the list of dogs to be shipped!  So, they found her another family to adopt her (who could resists that face?!)









The women who helped us bring Molly home...





And now, some of Molly at home, with Lucy!!!











































































Molly sticking her tongue out! :tongue:





Lastly, me, my fiance, and Molly :heart::heart:



--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579534 -

I had to stop halfway through, because I don't have a dog :sad:
Very cute puppy! :grin:


--------------------
As Sure As The Sun Will Shine

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Carbon_Black]
    #6579545 -

Thanks!  I was a bit worried, to be honest, about how her personality would be, given that she hasn't had the best start in life...but she's like the sweetest thing ever.  She rubs up against our hands like a cat to be pet, and closes her eyes and goes to bed when you scratch behind her ears :smile:  Right now she's sleeping next to my other dog on a big dog bed, and they keep inching closer to each other as they get more comfortable with one another.  I can't wait to move into our new house so we can volunteer as a foster home for this rescue group, and have new puppies in and out of the house all the time!!  :grin:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579570 -

With time, she will make a very nice pet .:)


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579589 -

mollly is indeed home
up thar poop shoot
and in my mouth
but which one first?
was there a first?


--------------------
where my drugs at, poach monkey



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579625 -

Liz said:
Thanks!  I was a bit worried, to be honest, about how her personality would be, given that she hasn't had the best start in life...but she's like the sweetest thing ever.



Dogs live in the present. They don't think about the past. I think you guys will be totally fine being she is still young. Once she gets fully adjusted to you guys and your other dog you will be able to have a major influence on her personality so she will be a 100% obedient dog. :smile:

Very good looking dogs. We never had one dog, always 2. Dogs are so much happier with a friend around.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: daytripper05]
    #6579642 -

daytripper05 said:
Liz said:
Thanks!  I was a bit worried, to be honest, about how her personality would be, given that she hasn't had the best start in life...but she's like the sweetest thing ever.



Dogs live in the present. They don't think about the past. I think you guys will be totally fine being she is still young. Once she gets fully adjusted to you guys and your other dog you will be able to have a major influence on her personality so she will be a 100% obedient dog. :smile:

Very good looking dogs. We never had one dog, always 2. Dogs are so much happier with a friend around.



I agree, that's why we definitely wanted to adopt a YOUNG shelter dog, so that she was still easily trainable and didn't have a whole lot of awful history that we'd need to work to help her get over.  She's sleeping an awful lot tonight, I'm sure it has been a long couple of days for her.  I'm anxious for our vet appointment Monday to make sure she's ok, and that this is just a cold that can be easily treated.  She's drinking a lot of water, and ate some food earlier, which is good.  Also, she hasn't had a single accident in the house yet!!  *knocks on wood*


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579656 -

If you can, you should take them both on a walk together tomorrow. I think this will give them trust for each other.

Sounds like you got a keeper. I have mad respect for people that save dogs from kill shelters. We have one dog and one cat, but have had many in the years past.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579764 -

wow that puppy couldnt be cuter!! and you sure don't waste anytime on getting pictures of the new guy eh! I;m glad you are both happy, and the other dog of yours isn't too jealous. haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: daytripper05]
    #6579814 -

I am going to try to do that :smile:  We got one of those things that lets you walk 2 dogs on 1 leash, and I think it will work well.  Problem is, all around my house right now is 1 solid sheet of ice.  It's pretty dangerous out...but we'll try to find someplace to walk them that's not so treacherous.  :tongue2:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Bowers]
    #6579818 -

Waht a cute puppy!! I hope both of your dogs will live in peace together with you!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Bowers]
    #6579830 -

:lol: I know, I'm ridiculous with the pet picture obsession!!  I had pictures of her before she even got here, sent from the vets office.

Lucy is a bit jealous I think, Molly is incredibly snuggly and wants to be on one of our laps all the time, and wants to be petted, and Lucy seems a little bit taken aback by it...plus I'm all fretting over the puppy because I'm worried about her cold, so I'm sure Lucy feels a bit jealous.  I'm making sure to give Lucy lots of attention too though, so she doesn't feel neglected.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579831 -

Them's some cute dogs!  You guys sound like you are great dog owners and looks like you got a couple winners there.  Also, I just noticed that your dogs are named "molly" and "lucy".  I like them even more now!! :grin:


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6579930 -

She is BEAUTIFUL!  I can't wait to meet her...I LOVE PUPPIES!  :grin::thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6580036 -

Liz said:
:lol: I know, I'm ridiculous with the pet picture obsession!!



This my baby, Tundra. I have no idea who took this shitty small picture of her as a puppy. But I just uploaded these earlier so I figured I would post them.





And my dog gracie. We got Tundra as a friend for Gracie, originally. Gracie a little over 2. Tundra is about a year younger.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: daytripper05]
    #6580055 -

omg, i want a dog so bad. what kind of dog is Tundra daytripper?


--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Syle]
    #6580063 -

alaskan malamute <-- My favorite breed.

gracie is a lab/pit mix. We saved her from a shelter a couple of years ago as a puppy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6580067 -

Tundra is beautiful. I wish my digital camera was of better quality so that I could post some really good pictures.

Liz, we got a new ferret yesterday! We went into Petco to get some fish supplies and some ferret food. They've recently had their ferrets under observation, and, in fact, I later found another display area full of ferrets that they couldn't sell, but when we walked in there was a display with one ferret inside of it, the most beautiful one I've ever seen, and he was jumping up in the air and everything.  We named him Bjorn, which is Norwegian for bear, which is something that came to mind when we saw him. :grin:

Having two ferrets was great fun but having three ferrets really brings them all to life. Merlin, Loki, and Bjorn, quite the bunch. :grin:

Going to see if some of these pictures turned out...


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6580083 -

I love his colors. :cool:






--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Molly is Home!!! Pics of my new puppy :D (Big pic warning!) [Re: Liz]
    #6580313 -

The dog you guys ended up not adopting looks JUST like my dog did when we adopted him, guess you're right about not being able to say no to that face because my girlfriend didn't :lol:

And Fireworks_God, that ferret looks exactly like the first one I ever owned, now I'm getting creeped out.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Snagged a Puppy At The Pound Today. felix 1,317 16 11/19/04 12:18 PM
by afoaf
* Pics of our new puppy!!!!
( 1 2 all )
Elise 2,743 29 08/10/03 02:28 AM
by Anonymous
* new puppy!
( 1 2 all )
amyloid 3,531 27 03/15/04 03:17 PM
by Reckless
* ISO: Book recommendations for puppy training with a loving approach. JacquesCousteau 3,519 19 11/25/04 10:42 AM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Post a Pic of Your Pet!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
felix 9,885 117 08/10/04 01:44 PM
by felix
* Heres a Pic of my Dog- Pit/Lab mix.
( 1 2 all )
Cryogenicz 7,519 31 10/02/04 10:59 AM
by Corporal Kielbasa
* Deleting pics Hallucinogen 1,679 17 06/18/04 11:02 PM
by Papaver
* Neon Puppy Poop 'Splosion! Not for the faint hearted! FreeLaws1_6 1,006 7 01/25/05 11:08 PM
by 13eetleJuice

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,292 topic views. 2 members, 15 guests and 215 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.