Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
good / bad idea to move a gf in?
    #6550046 - 02/10/07 09:17 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

a friend of mine is getting kicked out of her place soon, and needs a place to stay. she's pretty far away (same state), so we haven't been in a serious relationship with each other or anything for a while...

anyways, i'm doing pretty good right now, and have the space, but i'm really worried about her cramping my style - plus in case it doesnt work out, not sure how i would deal with the situation since i wouldnt want to just kick her out on the street. She's already talking about getting a job, so I don't think that will be too much of a problem, but who knows. I'm a cynic.

just looking for some advice on the situation from anyone who has something to say one way or the other.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiz
Owl Lady
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: good / bad idea to move a gf in? [Re: kotik]
    #6550443 - 02/10/07 12:18 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

It sort of sounds to me like you're asking for trouble with that situation. Moving in a girl who you were previously in a relationship with, but now you're not anymore? jealousy issues will spring up, tension, etc. Plus, like you said, what happens if/when you don't want her there anymore? That could get mighty ugly. I would offer to help her find a place, but I wouldn't move her into yours necessarily, unless she's literally going to wind up homeless. In that case, I would let her stay there temporarily, while she finds an alternate living situation. Living with friends can always cause issues, but especially when it's friends of the opposite sex that you have hooked up with in the past. That's my opinion, anyways.

--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: good / bad idea to move a gf in? [Re: Liz]
    #6550592 - 02/10/07 01:05 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

i agree with liz.. sounds like a bad situation waiting to blow up in your face..

i guess it would all depend on how bad you NEED to have a roomate in order to keep the bills in line and what not.. but i dont think id ever move in an ex-gf.

my 2 cents.

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6551982 - 02/10/07 07:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well since you already feel somethings wrong (otherwise you wouldn't make that thread) I think it's a very big possibility that it will suck. The funny thing is that a few months ago I was asking the same questions you do and of course it went like shit.
I had to help a friend (one of my best friends), so not exactly bf but anyways. Si I had that questions too before he moved in but I said like... I can't just leave him out on the streets when I can help him out... he came and from the very first days he started to become annoying but I said well it's just me not being used to having someone around that much... but then things got worse, my house was a mess all the time because he didn't clean at all. Besides the cleaning up issue there were others too like I couldn't have any private moments with my boyfriend because he was always there and felt that it was no need for him to leave since he was "minding his business". I told him several times to start cleaning up and his excuse was the same that ha had no time because he has to go to work (like I didn't have to go to school and shit) and really messed up my life for a few months because I was thinking I couldn't just kick him out till I couldn't take it anymore and told him to leave.
This happened a month ago and now my life is starting to get a sense of normality again but not entirely.
So of course the advice I can give you is THINK really think about all that possibilities before letting her live with you. Even your best friends can act totally different when things like that happen and it's you getting an extra problem on your head. Especially if you're already asking yourself if that's the right thing to do, which means that you might have reasons for your doubt.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #6552064 - 02/10/07 08:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You never really know somebody until you live with them. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: good / bad idea to move a gf in? [Re: Le_Canard]
    #6552103 - 02/10/07 08:21 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
You never really know somebody until you live with them. That could either be a good thing or a bad thing.

truth

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: good / bad idea to move a gf in? [Re: demiu5]
    #6553308 - 02/11/07 04:39 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

thanks guys

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6563888 - 02/13/07 06:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

so after some thinking i figured i'll give it a shot. At one point in my life i was living with 2 crack heads, 2 strippers and one other person, and like fuckin 12 dogs in the ghetto (as in all the neighbors were section 8).

so at this point in my life, i think a little risk will do me good. and of course, worst case scenario: i can always come back here to complain about it.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6564073 - 02/13/07 06:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Lol good luck :smile:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
972 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.