Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Possibly adopting a puppy
    #6544040 -

For a while now, my fiancee and I have wanted to get another dog to keep our current dog company.  She loves other dogs, and now that we own our home, we're fencing off the yard and will have plenty of room.  For about a year or so I've been keeping in touch with a shelter in Tennessee - they are actually more of a "pound" and have a 90% kill rate, meaning that 90% of the dogs that are dropped off there for whatever reason, or brought in as strays are killed before they can find homes.  It just so happens that 2 days ago a baby black lab puppy was brought to this pound.  Right now the director of the place is finding out about her health, her exact age (she looks to be about 9 weeks old), etc - if all goes well, I'm getting her the hell out of that place, and she should be in a car, on her way here in about 2 weeks. 

I'll post pictures when we know if this is definitely moving forward or not...and obviously, many many pictures once we have her! I keep looking at her photos and just want to drive there and pick her up now!  There are risks involved...because of the lousy conditions at the place, small puppies can get sick very easily, which would be awful.  But they are vet checked and quarantined for 14 days before being put on transport to the area, to try to make sure that this is not the case. 

Anyways, I'm excited, and I'm hopeful that this will work out.  Out of all of the colors/breeds of dogs, black labs and black lab mixes are put to death in shelters more than any other dogs.  If I have my way, at least this one will have a shot at a good home.  :heart:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possibly adopting a puppy [Re: Liz]
    #6547284 -

And now....a picture.  She's ours, I called the vets office in Tennessee this morning to give our credit card info to have them spay her, give her all of her routine vaccines, etc. 



We're getting the 2nd one in from the left.  If all goes smoothly, we should be able to pick her up the morning after we get home from the Canada gathering.  :smile:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possibly adopting a puppy [Re: Liz]
    #6547377 -

Right on,
I,m going home at lunch and smoke a few bowls,
for your new pup. :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possibly adopting a puppy [Re: rod]
    #6547388 -

Now he will have a buddy :smile:
I want a dog so bad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possibly adopting a puppy [Re: Rahie]
    #6547398 -

We've wanted our dog Lucy to have a pal for a while now, but now that we have our own house, it's finally possible. 

We're also thinking of volunteering for this agency and becoming a foster home for them, which would be a lot of work, but it would also help save a lot of dogs from being put down.  Out in the midwest in the rural shelters, they put so many animals to sleep because a lot of people that live out there let their dogs run free, unaltered and wind up with 4 litters of puppies and drop them off at these pounds to be killed basically.  It's really sad.  :frown:


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possibly adopting a puppy [Re: Liz]
    #6547412 -

I am sure there is free government money to start something like that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possibly adopting a puppy [Re: Rahie]
    #6547482 -

No, we wouldn't be getting paid for it, it would be on a volunteer basis. I'm fine with that though, I just want to help however I can.


--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Possibly adopting a puppy [Re: Liz]
    #6550007 -

Here are some actual good pics of the puppy, I think we're going to name her Molly, depending on what her personality is like when we meet her. 

I can't wait for her to get here :heart:





--------------------
Remember, remember the fifth of November
The gunpowder treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Quarantine (new zombie movie)
( 1 2 all )
DragonChaser 4,507 31 03/31/09 09:31 PM
by AlteredAgain
* Snagged a Puppy At The Pound Today. felix 1,317 16 11/19/04 12:18 PM
by afoaf
* Pics of our new puppy!!!!
( 1 2 all )
Elise 2,746 29 08/10/03 02:28 AM
by Anonymous
* new puppy!
( 1 2 all )
amyloid 3,531 27 03/15/04 03:17 PM
by Reckless
* Lost puppy.. ekomstop 728 6 06/01/04 04:01 PM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* ISO: Book recommendations for puppy training with a loving approach. JacquesCousteau 3,519 19 11/25/04 10:42 AM
by SkorpivoMusterion
* Neon Puppy Poop 'Splosion! Not for the faint hearted! FreeLaws1_6 1,006 7 01/25/05 11:08 PM
by 13eetleJuice
* Pics of the cat me and 3D are going to adopt :) Sammi 2,256 15 08/14/03 01:38 AM
by Sammi

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
696 topic views. 1 members, 9 guests and 101 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.