Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Loc: here and there...
Drive-Thru Records Tour
    #652587 - 05/30/02 05:16 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I now have an amazing respect and new-found loyalty to Drive-Thru records. This label includes such acts as: Finch, Rx Bandits, The Starting Line, and New Found Glory just to name a few. By the way, those four bands (and others) are going to be playing at the Warped Tour 2002.

Last night in Dallas' Galaxy Club I attended a Drive-Thru concert. The bands playing, in order, were: Atention Deficit, Brand New, The Starting Line, and Finch.

When I arrived at the Galaxy Club I was a few hours late and Brand New had just finished their set. The Starting Line began to set up and i'll have to admit, I wasn't expecting much. From what I had heard, they were very pop-punk and I wasn't too into that scene... little did I know... All of them were teenagers and definately looked it. The lead singer looked about 14.

I was pretty much blown away. The emotion that these guys put out stunned me. They played their songs, including: Leaving, Greg's Last Day, Up and Go, and a cover of the Pixie's Where is my Mind among others. Then they were kicked off stage by the club's gestapo, errr management... I guess to stay on schedule....

After The Starting Line, Finch's crew set up the stage. Everyone in the audience just milled around until Finch unexpectedly jumped onstage and went into a song within seconds. The whole club then took on the characteristics of a pit. EVERYONE began singing and jumping to the music. If anyone ever gets a chance to see Finch in concert, do it. They put on a great show. Through growling vocals and intense guitar these guys pumped up the whole crowd. They played alot of their songs like: Perfection Through Silence, Ender, Post-Script, Waiting, Awake, New Beginnings.... and then some.

Halfway into their set, the bassist started hanging like a monkey on the steel girders above with one arm and playing with the other arm! Very entertaining. I had worked myself to the second row and was jumping with the crowd. We had all become one jumping mass. Noone had any choice in the matter, it was so packed that you had to jump when the crowd did. The bass player again went nuts on his bass and to my astonishment accidentally smacked a kid who was in the front row in the face with the head of his bass. He pulled him up on stage and started to take him off-stage to safety... but the kid just took off his shirt, wrapped it around his head and sat on stage watching the band.

The band members were obviously not happy with this venue, the club was not nice to them. You could tell because every few minutes the club managment would tell the audience to stop crowd surfing (which there was alot of) and the band members would flip them off and grab their nuts. I thought it was fucking hilarious.

Then the concert came to a screeching halt. The club had let too many people in (all ages show, go figure) and the cops were there to evacuate the show. Just after the lights went on and the band explained that the cops were there, they began to lead the crowd in a verse of 'Fuck the Police', but they didn't get much out until the managment cut off their mics.

This show kicked ass and I would reccomend a Drive-Thru Records show to anyone that asked.

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:
<pants> "WTF UR PIKTUR IS SO STIPID WTF FUCK U"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Drive-Thru Records Tour [Re: Abudiwa]
    #653047 - 05/30/02 08:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Galaxy Club Bwahhhhahaha...

Ever been to Trees?

You might have seen me if you ever went to club one or seven. No Im not gay but I used to resident Seven Wednesday nights and I got free drinks at one. Ever hear of the thirty-two degrees crew?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Re: Drive-Thru Records Tour [Re: GabbaDj]
    #653081 - 05/30/02 08:41 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

wtf?!

are you from down here?

yeah Trees is neat, i went to see Super Furry Animals there when they came.

havn't heard of thirty-two degrees crew.

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:

InvisibleGabbaDjS
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
Re: Drive-Thru Records Tour [Re: Abudiwa]
    #654061 - 05/30/02 04:21 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

They were a jungle crew from a few years ago... Yah I lived down their f roa year a while back... 32 degrees is mostly "Wicked Drama" now with Mundo and its where squirt came from if any of those names ring a bell.

Deep Ellum was the only part of dallas that was of any interest at all but boy that place sure was a fucking blast every weekend...

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

OfflineAbudiwa
CompleteApparition.
Male

Re: Drive-Thru Records Tour [Re: GabbaDj]
    #654254 - 05/30/02 05:48 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

fuck yeah, its a blast.

fort worth is starting to do well for the music scene.

sure beats driving 45 fucking minutes in traffic to and from dallas.

--------------------
*user out of date*

the only pms pants gets:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order