Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Vegetarian food
    #6479418 -

mmmm I just ate leftovers of last nights delicious vegetable curry, packed full of more beans / lentils etc than you can shake a stick at :grin:

As Im a coeliac theres a lack of grain I can eat (I cant eat wheat, oats, barley or rye). This morning continuing the theme of vegetarian food, I made some quinoa porridge with raisins and bananas... delicious :smile:

I'm not even a vegetarian, yet this shits delicious :grin:

:thumbup:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: Cepheus]
    #6479420 -

Vegetarian food is alright...but there's just no substitute for real animal flesh.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: adrug]
    #6479425 -

Try not eating it for a while, it becomes disgusting.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: adrug]
    #6479427 -

I agree, but the way that quorn stuff goes after its been cooked for a few hours.. its like a fungus-meat-tasting marshmellow.

And I always feel great after eating vegetarian food :smile:

but still meat ftw. :grin:


--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: Cepheus]
    #6479429 -

I often like to buy these tofu sausages at Trader Joe's. It doesn't really taste like real sausage, but it has its own unique flavor which I enjoy. One time, I was buying them alongside some salami and sushi, and the cashier looked confused.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6479431 -

No thanks! I enjoy eating meat. It tastes delicious. I don't know why anyone would deprive themselves of that unless their tastebuds (or self-imposed morality) just do not allow them to enjoy it. Mine do.

Edited by adrug (01/20/07 09:54 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: adrug]
    #6479462 -

Veggie food is awesome. I rarely eat meat anymore, some fish and burgers occasionaly. I dont miss it at all, veggie stuff is so healthy and leaves me feeling amazing. As someone else said, meat loses its appeal after a while not eating it.


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: mr_kite]
    #6479511 -

I've been a veggie for 5 years and vegan for 3 of those 5. Anyway, meat does loose its appeal after not eating it for a while. The only thing I miss is deep dish pizza... well, and cheese for that matter. I don't miss it but it is the one thing that holds me back from eating a LOT of different foods that I had enjoyed in the past.

Oh yah, curry + rice + beans = yummm!!!

Cheese FTW!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: mr_kite]
    #6479518 -

I was heading in a vegetarian way for a while but decided I was to lazy.. but true about meat becoming disgusting..


--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: Cepheus]
    #6479530 -

I love vegetarian food, when I am able to afford such luxuries.
As it stands I eat meat for survival.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: Shroomism]
    #6479608 -

What you on about Shroomism?? Unless you're eating offal I cant see how meat is cheaper than fresh veg!


--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: mr_kite]
    #6490249 -

The Hari Krishna's, offer a really good organic vegan meal here at the university of Florida. I would eat that every day if I could.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Vegetarian food [Re: adrug]
    #6490376 -

Now that cloned meat is hitting the market, i will be less likely to buy. Free range is how i like to roll. I also don't like the industrialised food market we have grown to profit on so much. The only one's that loose out are the consumers that eat the standardised low quality crap. Sure we can eat crap and live.... But with what quality?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Well.....im a vegetarian now
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Almond Flour 8,395 84 03/28/09 07:48 PM
by MisterMuscaria
* If You Are a Vegetarian (or Vegan)
( 1 2 3 4 ... 16 17 )
JackthaTripper 16,393 329 06/24/10 02:39 PM
by BirdsIView
* Becoming a vegetarian / vegan
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
ShroomPuncher 4,693 88 02/23/15 07:58 PM
by WeAreAnchors
* 4yo on a vegetarian diet
( 1 2 3 4 ... 18 19 )
deladude 14,027 377 05/07/14 02:55 AM
by Crystal G
* Ok i can understand vegetarian but vegan?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 all )
Muufokfok 18,964 243 12/11/15 05:25 PM
by Mr.PhilCybin
* The Final Vegetarian Thread Ever
( 1 2 all )
Nymphaea 2,027 38 07/22/10 03:30 PM
by blewmeanie
* I really don't like elitist vegetarians.......like at all.
( 1 2 3 4 ... 12 13 )
Gmo 13,091 251 12/15/11 08:42 PM
by PatrickKn
* Question to vegetarians of the pub
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Shroomopotamus 10,600 152 03/08/16 03:17 PM
by Shroomism

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
972 topic views. 1 members, 9 guests and 100 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.