Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: belligerent]
    #6420786 -

They should just let the winners of each conference fight it out on the field. The quality of the WAC would jump through the roof in about five years if they did that.

I love the Rainbow Warriors and their badass QB's btw.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #6421185 -

TheFakeSunRa said:
They should just let the winners of each conference fight it out on the field. The quality of the WAC would jump through the roof in about five years if they did that.



I like the idea of letting the conference winners play, but there's nothing that can save the WAC as a whole.  Here's the ending records of the WAC schools:

Boise State - 13-0
Hawaii - 11-3
San Jose State - 9-4 (their best year in at least a decade)
Nevada - 8-5
Fresno State - 4-9 :sad:
Idaho - 4-8
New Mexico State - 4-8
LA Tech - 3-10
Utah State - 1-11

Yecch...I hate being in the WAC so much.  Every year, there's a few good games, and then there's the rest of our boring-ass schedule.

Quote:
I love the Rainbow Warriors and their badass QB's btw.



I like watching them when they're not playing my team. They kicked the crap out of us at home this year (like everyone else) :mad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: belligerent]
    #6421272 -

Quote:
I like the idea of letting the conference winners play, but there's nothing that can save the WAC as a whole. Here's the ending records of the WAC schools:



If they had a shot the title same as anyone else recruiting would get a whole lot easier. The relative uncompetitiveness of the WAC would attract not defer marquee players.

Which school do you support?


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #6422358 -

I support Fresno State, hence the sad face by our shitty record this year.

Recruiting might get a little easier for the top schools, but winning the WAC isn't even a realistic goal yet for some of those schools (Utah State, New Mexico State, Idaho).  Facilities, funding, and attendance are also problems for the lesser schools.  San Jose State has been averaging around 7,000 fans/game for the last few years. :thumbdown:

BTW - I'm not trying to be argumentative here and I do like your suggestions, but I don't think the rest of the country realizes what a shithole of a conference the WAC has become.  Unfortunately, I have to sit through these crappy boring games every year. :yawn:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: belligerent]
    #6422697 -

Hawaii always gets snubbed.. and yeah their QB.. Brennan is a fucking stud, he'll get overlooked though.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: Banez]
    #6422942 -

Timmy Chang style, LOL


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #6423167 -

Yeah, it'll be a shame if he's not one of the Heisman finalists next year. His numbers in that offense are unreal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: belligerent]
    #6423309 -

Numbers don't matter, just success.

If numbers mattered Quinn would have won over Troy Smith.


--------------------
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
No, says the man in Washington; it belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican; it belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow; it belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose...
Rapture.
-  Andrew Ryan

Formula: 0

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: Pat Bateman, VP]
    #6423584 -

I agree he has no chance to win it, but his numbers should at least get him into the discussion.

Ty Detmer won the Heisman out of the WAC way back when, but that was a much different WAC and BYU was more of a marquee school then.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: belligerent]
    #6423819 -

BYU won an NT for the WAC.


--------------------
[quote]Asante said:
You constantly make posts thatr fling middle school insults at people you don't like mixed in with maladjusted psychopathic comments about wanting to beat up the other poster with a crowbar.

You know how shit you are, you just don't give a fuck for precisely that reason.

I disendorse you.[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Boise State, LOL [Re: TheFakeSunRa]
    #6424139 -

I don't think any of the schools that were in the WAC that year (1990?) are still in it, though (maybe Hawaii?). 

Fresno State didn't get let in until 1992, then all the good schools split off in 1998 and became the Mountain West.  The WAC added some Big West schools to make the conference bigger (Boise, Nevada, San Jose).  A couple years later, the Texas schools left for Conference USA and we picked up a some more Big West teams (Utah State, Idaho, NM State, LA Tech).

If you look at the WAC now, it looks an awful lot like the Big West of 1991. 

Sorry for the long-winded WAC bashing, but I've had to live through the rollercoaster of expansion and it's been frustrating as hell.  Before the Mountain West split, the basketball championship was a glorious week in Vegas every year - the next year it was held in Tulsa, so I didn't go. :sad:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Getting near that time. Golden State or Houston?
( 1 2 3 all )
Barnaby 4,766 59 04/19/18 12:57 AM
by Barnaby
* Predictions for Super Bowl Champs?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Banez 5,917 68 08/04/06 10:45 PM
by kilroy69
* UFC 70 IS FREE FOR ALL YOU MMA NEWBS, A GREAT INTRO
( 1 2 3 all )
KingOftheThing 5,889 41 04/23/07 07:06 PM
by Spooge

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
2,755 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.