Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemagic_spore
Stranger

Loc: Niagara Falls Ontario, Ca...
Shrooms In Horse Shit In Ontario...
    #634835 - 05/17/02 07:32 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

my friend has a farm and theres always silver capped mushrooms growing in the manure, but we dont know if theyre edible. my friends bro always says he eats them and theyre hilusinagenic but we dont know if hes just saying that to fuck with us and make us sick. We tried like two of them each and we got a bit of what seemed like the beginning of a trip off em but we're not sure if theyre safe. n.e one got anything to add to help us? ps--any1 no any good spots to find shrooms around niagara falls ontario other than the local dealer?

--------------------
*MaGiC_sPoRe*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Shrooms In Horse Shit In Ontario... [Re: magic_spore]
    #635002 - 05/18/02 02:37 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

If the horse manured mushrooms have a silvery look to the caps then they are probably Paneolus antillarum. A non SPcyhcoactive species. Very rarely will one ever find magic shrooms in Horse manure.

And if you love in Niagra Falls region of soouthern Ontario, there might be some Psilocybe semilanceata in the fall after the rains and before the freeze. They grow in pastures in tall rank grasses and attached theirselves to the roots of such wild grasses, including sedge. But manured mushrooms grow in the tropics and neotropics of both hemispheres
(Copelandia species and P. cubensis are manured shrooms)

Sorry to disappoint you but you probably willnot find any shrooms in manure in your area which are magic.

Remember the liberty caps grow in the grasses in manured soil, not from manure.

mj

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Shrooms In Horse Shit In Ontario... [Re: magic_spore]
    #635050 - 05/18/02 03:58 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

silver capped mushrooms growing in manure,
found frequently,
most likely the Panaeolus antillarum that mj mentioned.

but, to tell you for sure we would need to see some photos of the mushrooms.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Shrooms In Horse Shit In Ontario... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #635582 - 05/18/02 03:12 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

what about pan subs? Im not refering to the silver caps but horse manure I hear they are like weeds. Not to disagree with you in any way cause every one knows you have been at this longer then almost anyone else.

Offlinemightyjoepipe
stoner

Loc: ontario Canada
Re: Shrooms In Horse Shit In Ontario... [Re: durban_poison]
    #636040 - 05/19/02 04:13 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I agree cause i also live in ontario and pan subs are usually every where but here are some of the shrooms that might be available to you in ontario if u know what your looking for and again we do need some pics with a bit more info on them!!!

Ontario
Amanita muscaria
Gymnopilus spectabilis
Gymnopilus viridans Murrill. (Hatfield et al., 1978).
Psilocybe silvatica (Peck) Singer & Smith. (Singer & Smith, 1958).
Panaeolus subbalteatus Berkeley & Broome. (Pollock, 1976).
Psilocybe caerulipes
and if u live in the south of ontario there might be 1 or two i forgot to mention!!!

--------------------
my name is joe!!

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Shrooms In Horse Shit In Ontario... [Re: durban_poison]
    #636065 - 05/19/02 04:41 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

In the early 1900s in New York and Pennsylvania, commercial beds of agaricus bisporus were overrun with invasions of Panaeous subbalteatus. They had to weed the mushrooms out from the edible species. The Pn. subs came in with the compost used to grow the edible mushroms.
Hence they earned the nick-name, the "weed" mushroom.
They are extremely rare in horse manure, very rare. I suppose that maybe 1 in a hundred thousands specimens of other species found in manure would be Panaeolus subbalteatus. Mot common in rotted hay stacks left out all winter to compost and pop un in the early spring and a smaller crop in the fall after the first fall rains. And that depends on what part of the country you live in and when you spring and fall seasons are.

Their third and fourth habitat are grassy areas which ahve been fertilized and sometimes in top soil with mulch over the soil and they come up fromthe manured fertilizers in the soil not from the mulch.

I have one field in Hawaii which produces them in manure and other than that I have only found them in massive haystacks in the WIllamette Vally in Oregon along the I-5 corridor.

AS for pastures inthe Pacific Northwest, I havwe only found them about four times maybe and never more than a few cowpies.

Good luck but I am sure the main sason is over in Ontario,

mj
Their second habitat is cow manure and one field could have a few pounds at a time and then most wil have only one or two or none at all.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale