Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour
    #6286874 -

Last night, I came as close as I ever will to seeing King Crimson live, at least until they kick it back into gear in another year or two (Tony Levin, Bill Bruford! I'm lookin' at you! Though Mastaletto and Gunn would more than suffice.) It was a great show, anybody else seen the Belew Power Trio on this tour? The show here in Seattle was at the Triple Door which is the premier venue in Seattle in my experience.

His band -- 19 year old drummer and 20 year bass player... ! Brother and sister, they won the School of Rock nationals and joined up with Belew for his solo tour. Good kids! They're no Claypool and Carey but c'mon!

So, they played I think 5 Crimson tunes: Dinosaur, Elephant Talk, Frame By Frame, Three of a Perfect Pair, & Thela Hun Jinjeet. Awesome. Frame by frame was a bit akward, but it's a strange beast and almost unapproachable with a three piece. But I was SO stoked to hear these tunes. 80's Crimson is my favorite flavor. They also played most of the good stuff from Belew's Side One, including the three Carey/Claypool tracks, which were executed extremely well by these youngsters, as well as a track or two from Side Three (which I was disappointed with) and a tune or two from his solo catalogue. Awesome show, real treat on a Tuesday night. The crowd was great and the band really appreciated it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: Viveka]
    #6294049 -

I saw King Crimson play in a church in Michigan in 1971 I think. I saw adrian belew live also when he played with a band he formed called the Bears. That was in Seattle.

They have been my favorite band more than once over the years.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: Icelander]
    #6296911 -

Awesome dude!  In a church, huh?  Did they turn that place into the Court of The Crimson King or what?

MAN I love KC :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: Viveka]
    #6299811 -

I saw....Levin, Bruford, Belew, Fripp at the Pier in Manhattan in the eighties, I think for Three of a Perfect Pair (my favorite from that group, Discipline and Beat being the others). The sound was great, which I was nervous about because the Clash sound sucked.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6300137 -

Belew lives here in Tennessee, and i was mixing sound when he came into this shithole bar i was mixing at. no one recognized him.... and I barely did... the years havent been kind to Adrian at all.

But I did happen to have Power to Believe (wish I had Thrak or Red) on me which i got him to sign.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6322443 -

Lucky you. Yeah, something about that ablum, 3ofAPP, is magic. Particularly the first part of the album, before it gets really strange. When I first heard it, I hated it, then a few years later, I threw it on while I was driving my grandpa's 4Runner around my hometown of Tucson, AZ and it just hit me like pure, white light. Beat is my favorite of the 80's albums though, and it was my first KC album.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6347681 -

psilocyberin said:
the years havent been kind to Adrian at all.




It is a wonder how his appearance has changed.

I bet his voice sounded amazing at the show. I wanted to catch the one that came through here but missed it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #6348786 -

Quote:
... the years havent been kind to Adrian at all.



That may be so, but he sure looked awesome up there on stage at The Triple Door rocking the guitar with the hair on both sides of his head (none on top) blowing in the air. (He must have had a fan set up.)

I'll see if i can find a picture...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Adrian Belew Power Trio Tour [Re: Viveka]
    #6348902 -












And now a few shots of the sexy 20 year old bass player





Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Adrian Belew Abrainspot 549 3 01/19/06 12:31 PM
by krishnamurti
* anyone given the new adrian belew cd a listen? disturbed 832 4 02/11/05 07:23 PM
by disturbed
* adrian belew - side one (les claypool & danny carey) Vulture 735 2 08/23/05 01:52 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Belew, Claypool, Carey Viveka 1,636 11 01/02/05 01:49 PM
by zappaisgod
* Adrian Belew Heroes zappaisgod 335 1 03/07/11 11:43 PM
by Sunny
* King Crimson
( 1 2 all )
hot48yearolds 2,711 23 09/16/06 12:25 PM
by Vulture
* MMW, 311, The Roots Tour nanananotehead 1,057 10 05/14/04 01:00 PM
by Blastrid
* Nurse With Wound / The Hafler Trio earthmonkey 778 7 07/22/07 07:41 PM
by earthmonkey

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
1,422 topic views. 1 members, 5 guests and 10 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.