Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Steelers interested in Porter and Moss
    #6165063 -

STEELERS INTERESTED IN PORTER, MOSS

A league source tells us that the Pittsburgh Steelers are interested in trading for Raiders receivers Jerry Porter and Randy Moss.

We're told that the Steelers prefer Porter, primarily because he would come with a lower salary and less of a media circus.

Due to a contract that was heavy on bonus money, Porter's salary is only $1 million per year through 2009. Published reports indicate that the Raiders want Porter to refund $4 million of his eight-figure signing bonus in exchange for his freedom.

Moss is signed through 2008, at salaries of $9.75 million and $11.25 million, respectively, in each of the next two seasons.

Per the source, the Steelers believe that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's poor start has more to do with a less-than-impressive receiving corps than his June 12 trampoline routine off of a Chrysler. Hines Ward has a bad hamstring, Santurdio is inexperienced, Nate Washington is still growing into his role, and Cedrick Wilson is regarded within the building as soft.

So can a trade go down by the league's October 17 deadline? A lot would have to happen. But with the Steelers interested in either guy, they might be in the best position to get one of them.

And although the prevailing thinking is that any deal would involve one or more draft picks flowing out of Pittsburgh, we wouldn't be surprised to hear the name "Joey Porter" arise in any eventual trade talks. Porter has been unhappy with his salary, and there's a growing school of thought that Porter's desire to get paid has prompted him to abandon any genuine efforts to be a team leader.



I'd rather have Moss then Porter.....but I have to agree with Bens troubles being more related to the shitty WR core then his play itself.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #6165074 -

The Steelers are working me out tomorrow for a possible spot in the WR corps.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6165126 -

I think the steelers already have a good recieving corp. santonio is developing pretty quickly, ward just needs to get healthy. Nate washington is looking very promising IMO and Wilson is a good option. I really think putting the blame on the WR rather than Roethlisberger is a crock of shit. Just because WRs arent getting open doesnt mean he should make stupid decisions and throw into double coverage or to the other team. Moss would be like Plaxico was in Pitt, I think. Roethlisberger liked throwing to Plaxico when he was there. Id like to see them get Moss and watch Cowher keep him under control. I think that Moss is matured a little more and is dying to get out of Oakland. He would be delighted to play for a team that has a shot in hell at winning some games. I wouldnt mind if we got Porter either...


--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #6165411 -

If the Steelers get rid of Porter I'm declaring a Jihad on them.


--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: Jadian]
    #6165436 -

We're talking about WR Jerry Porter here, not LB Joey Porter.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6165688 -

Actually, the article discusses both players.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: Redstorm]
    #6165690 -

I'm dumb and you should update your fantasy roster.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: Jadian]
    #6165720 -

Jadian said:
If the Steelers get rid of Porter I'm declaring a Jihad on them.



hmmm did you read the first post at all?

isnt jerry porter pretty old too?.. Moss would def be a nice addition in Pittsburgh though. Oakland is too shitty for him, he deserves better.


--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6165755 -

Ok, I will right now. I was just updating my NFL one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: Redstorm]
    #6165766 -

I'm gonna pwn you.


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #6165775 -

Yeah, most likely. My Yahoo team is disgustingly weak.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: mushnoon]
    #6168620 -

mushnoon said:
I think the steelers already have a good recieving corp. santonio is developing pretty quickly, ward just needs to get healthy. Nate washington is looking very promising IMO and Wilson is a good option. I really think putting the blame on the WR rather than Roethlisberger is a crock of shit. Just because WRs arent getting open doesnt mean he should make stupid decisions and throw into double coverage or to the other team. Moss would be like Plaxico was in Pitt, I think. Roethlisberger liked throwing to Plaxico when he was there. Id like to see them get Moss and watch Cowher keep him under control. I think that Moss is matured a little more and is dying to get out of Oakland. He would be delighted to play for a team that has a shot in hell at winning some games. I wouldnt mind if we got Porter either...




Its not just people within the organization that is saying its the WR's and not Ben.....its actually been reported by a lot of people.


Hines Ward is the only reciever in the bunch that is anything...and he's hobbled by a hamstring injury. Santonio is developing and not making a difference right now. Nate Washington isn't the answer and Cedric Wilson just plain sucks. I hate Wilson actually....watch the asshole play....he'll be complaining to the refs about pass interference penalties before the ball even gets to him...he makes no attempt at catching the ball.

The problem is the not having a guy that can stretch the field...someone that can catch a 60 yard pass. Teams are just doubling H.W and the rest of the reicevers are unable to get open. This is why Ben is throwing terrible balls...he has to...he doesn't have anyone to throw to so he's just trying to make a play.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Steelers interested in Porter and Moss [Re: Geordi_La_Forge]
    #6169099 -

santonio isnt ineffective right now. I agree, Wilson hasnt been the answer to the gadget guy problem. A guy like Moss would be great for stretching the field and would force linebackers and DBs to sit back a little further which would make the running game a little more consistent. We have a pretty young recieiving squad right now. But regardless, if guys arent open....throw the ball away or take the sack. dont throw it to the other team.


--------------------
I love the feeling when it falls apart. Im slow to finish but im quick to start.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Roethlisberger injured in accident
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Stein 5,640 77 06/21/06 08:22 AM
by Stein
* Joey Porter's dogs escape, kill tiny horse, Roethlisberger throws 2 picks WhiskeyClone 1,232 7 09/23/06 12:54 PM
by Jadian
* The Pittsburgh Steelers
( 1 2 all )
RandalFlagg 4,887 20 11/06/06 06:01 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Now that Roethlisberger is out for the game
( 1 2 3 all )
Stein 2,793 45 10/22/06 09:09 PM
by Pat Bateman, VP
* roethlisberger mushnoon 723 6 10/09/06 01:15 PM
by mushnoon
* STEELERS!!!!!!!!! fantasylndvictm 340 0 08/05/07 05:59 PM
by fantasylndvictm
* Joey Porter to the Dolphins--I hope they KILL New England Madtowntripper 879 6 03/06/07 08:11 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* Steelers Eagles LiquidSmoke 557 2 08/26/06 02:23 PM
by despisedicon

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, 13shrooms
1,517 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.