Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I feel slowheaded...uploading from url
    #6153752 -

Is it possible, or am I missing something on how to upload a pic to my gallery from a URL instead of from my harddrive?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I feel slowheaded...uploading from url [Re: Eraserhead]
    #6154015 -

If the picture is already online and has a URL, why do you need to upload it?

That doesn't make any sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I feel slowheaded...uploading from url [Re: adrug]
    #6154154 -

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Every time you waste bandwidth god kills a kitten!

But to answer the original question, there's no way to upload a file from a URL. If you want to be sure you have a permanent copy, first you'll have to download it to your computer and then upload like normal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I feel slowheaded...uploading from url [Re: Ythan]
    #6161118 -

I was wanting to take something from my photobucket gallery, and send it here, so if I wanted to use the picture here, instead of it linking back to my other "alias" that most people know me as.

It was some stupid animated gif, and when I tried to save it to my hdd it lost it's motion, ahh well, no biggie.


I rarely waste bandwith, my P2P is precious :wink:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I feel slowheaded...uploading from url [Re: Eraserhead]
    #6164250 -

Just hotlink the pic and save shroomery server space.


--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Deleting pictures that you've uploaded
( 1 2 3 all )
Oscuro_lobo 7,957 51 05/19/04 12:06 PM
by MetaShroom
* A timer on uploads... Starter 1,637 6 12/22/03 03:21 AM
by Anno
* Uploading .pdf files Lana 1,084 2 05/01/04 01:08 AM
by Anno
* two suggestions regarding uploading pics Muppet 1,637 4 08/22/02 07:24 AM
by Muppet
* Uploading Pics StS 1,499 2 09/28/02 05:40 PM
by StS
* question about user galleries and upload permissions Muppet 1,180 2 10/30/03 12:48 AM
by Muppet
* Upload Limit-wtf?? DellComputers 1,107 1 04/21/03 02:57 PM
by shirley knott
* !deleting uploaded pics!
( 1 2 all )
spud 6,178 27 03/09/03 06:03 PM
by eric_the_red

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Ythan, Thor, Seuss, geokills
828 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.