Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales
    #6130223 - 10/03/06 08:52 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=5493326

War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales

Posted: Oct 3, 2006 07:53 PM

There are new developments this month in the war against drugs. In Oklahoma, a new online database is helping law enforcement agencies stop people who manufacture methampetamine. KTEN's Chelsea Hover reports.

The Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics now has another tool to further reduce domestic methamphetamine production.

As of October 1st, an electronic logbook is now in place to better track people trying to purchase pseudoephedrine tablets to cook meth.

Psuedoephedrine, is a key element in the manufacturing of meth. In 2004, Oklahoma lawmakers passed a law that placed pseudoephedrine tablets behind pharmacy counters and required customers to sign an in-store log-book.

Then, a process nicknamed "smurfing" emerged...

"They go around to different pharmacies buying three boxes at a time and there's no way to monitor how many boxes," said an a Bryan County Drug Task Force agent who preferred to remain anonymous.

Pharmacies had no way to compare notes...

"Nothing. It just stays here," said Jana Bennett, a pharmacist. "I guess technically if the DEA wanted to come check out if somebody's been buying a lot of it, they could come see our records, but it doesnt go into any big database or any computer...it stays right here."

Not any more... those logbooks have been replaced with an electronic database, known as the prescription monitoring program.

"Once they buy three boxes, a red flag will come up if they try to buy it somewhere else and they wont sell it to them," said the Narcotics agent.

The way the database works, pharmacies, doctors, and law enforcement agents will have immediate access to the latest records online.

Even prior to this new system, state drug agents say operational meth labs have declined by more than 90% in Oklahoma since 2004.

Chelsea Hover, KTEN News.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineExplosiveMango
HallucinogenusDigitallus
Male User Gallery

Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: motaman]
    #6130273 - 10/03/06 09:03 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Looks like they'll need to find a new source of pseudoephedrine.

Shouldn't take too long. I don't see the demand changing.

--------------------
Know your self.
Know your substance.
Know your source.

The most distorted perspective possible is the perspective that yours is not distorted.

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: ExplosiveMango]
    #6131520 - 10/04/06 07:37 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ExplosiveMango said:
Looks like they'll need to find a new source of pseudoephedrine.

Shouldn't take too long. I don't see the demand changing.

Or things will start getting more violent and you will see more walgreens getting held up.

It seems this is what people want though. They know there is an addiction, they know people can get violent when they want their drugs, but instead of helping with the addiction, they help bring people to their last resort - violence.

I am not justifying violence for drugs. I am not saying any meth head has the right to go shoot up a walgreens because they wont let them have some drugs. I am just saying that we have a government that knows what they are doing, that knows that this stuff can cause agressive behavior, and that seems to just want to agitate the situation instead of actually helping.

Offlinemjgecko
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: motaman]
    #6133545 - 10/04/06 06:54 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Meth is the one drug I don't mind being illegal. Then again if drugs were legal people could get clean amphetamine and not many you mess with that nasty shit. I think most of the dirty shit comes from Mexico now anyway.

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: mjgecko]
    #6137126 - 10/05/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Trouble is that we have wanna be pharmacists cooking up a bunch of very explosive chemicals in a house/trailer somewhere. If it were legal, perhaps trained experts could do this in controlled laboratories without blowing up houses. Even if I dislike meth with a passion, it's a better alternative to clueless people in makeshift meth labs.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: mjgecko]
    #6139208 - 10/06/06 03:18 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

> Meth is the one drug I don't mind being illegal.

My drug is better than you drug so I don't mind if they trample your rights as long as they don't trample mine.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: Seuss]
    #6139350 - 10/06/06 04:25 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

^^^NO SHIT!!!^^^

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: Seuss]
    #6139644 - 10/06/06 07:56 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> Meth is the one drug I don't mind being illegal.

My drug is better than you drug so I don't mind if they trample your rights as long as they don't trample mine.

GRRR. You see that all the time. The awful government holding us down and not letting us put what we want into our bodies...they better legalize weed NOW...but better keep coke, herroin, and meth illegal cause they are bad.

Seriously, what job is it of the governments to regulate ANY drug put into our bodies. If you think the one drug should still remain illegal, you are no better than the people that think your drug of choice should be illegal.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: War on Meth: New Database to Track Pseudoephedrine Sales [Re: dedjam]
    #6139916 - 10/06/06 09:48 AM (17 years, 5 months ago)

> If you think the one drug should still remain illegal, you are no better than the people that think your drug of choice should be illegal.

My point, exactly.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals