Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
White House Praises Meth Law
    #4213552 - 05/24/05 11:30 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

White House Praises Meth Law
May 24, 2005 - kval.com

Portland, OR - The Bush Administration is using anti-meth laws in Oklahoma and Oregon as examples of what the rest of the country should do to combat meth production.

Both states have laws requiring stores to put cold medicines behind the counter if they contain certain forms of ephedrine or pseudoephedrine, a common ingredient in meth.

In 2004, Oklahoma became the first state to limit the sale of cold tablets. Oregon followed with a narrower version of those rules in October. Since then, Oregon police have seized 79 meth labs. That's a 42 percent drop from the same period one year ago.

Federal agencies have credited the meth law for the decrease. But the commander of the State Police drug section says the cold medicine restrictions aren't the only reason meth lab busts are down. He says reduced police funding also plays a role.

The U.S. Congress is weighing an even stricter version of the bill. It would remove ephedrine or pseudoephedrine pills from drug stores althogether and allow only pharmacies to sell them.

Industry groups have opposed the federal legislation, saying it would inconvenience cold sufferers who live in states without a meth problem.

The laws have also affected cold medicine sales. One major Oregon wholesaler reports a decrease of 41 percent between November and January.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: White House Praises Meth Law [Re: veggie]
    #4215723 - 05/24/05 08:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

The market will remain. The only thing that will change is that instead of locals synthing the meth using supplies bought through local companies crime syndicates will realize the income potential. Meth will flow in from Mexico and other countries.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: White House Praises Meth Law [Re: cb9fl]
    #4215974 - 05/24/05 09:40 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
The market will remain. The only thing that will change is that instead of locals synthing the meth using supplies bought through local companies crime syndicates will realize the income potential. Meth will flow in from Mexico and other countries.

Meth now comes from mexico.....i remember seeing a DEA report saying about 80-85% is imported.

Local cooks are not the suppliers.

Here's another page:
http ://www.usdoj.gov/ndic/pubs11/13846/meth.htm#Production

Notice particularly the bit under distribution that's talking about production cycles.

All major sources of illegal drugs in the U.S. are external, with the possible (but given recent days, probably not) exception of LSD.

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: White House Praises Meth Law [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #4217484 - 05/25/05 07:05 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

> i remember seeing a DEA report saying about 80-85% is imported.

Yes, but that isn't scarry... and the sheep might start thinking if we don't keep them scared. Little Jonny next door, buying a package of cold pills and making meth in his grandmothers bathtub, now that is scarry... good money making for the media right there.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service