Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: DrWho]
    #2245322 -

I met my girlfriend in Driving class oddly enough. We didn't talk too much, but she got my number somehow, phoned me and we hit it off. I still thank her every day for being so agressive :smile:. Best thing that has ever happened to me and it's only been 9 months :laugh:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: TODAY]
    #5928563 -

I first met danksistah at a Dark Star Orchestra show, in Birmingham. We danced abit and that was it. We met again at a festival in Auburn, when Sound Tribe Sector 9 was playing. I called her Dark Star girl. :grin: We actually had met in 1997, in Gulf Shores, but we didn't ever get acquainted. She was just friends with some of my friends and we partied together.

That's the story of the meeting of blissed and danksis.


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: blissedout]
    #5928702 -

i was living in a park, i saw her picking up things from the ground one day and asked her what she was doing. saw her again a couple days later and went to talk to her, she invited myself and my friends back to her house to drink. i don't drink, but after she found out about my love of candy she hid a reese's peanut butter cup in my backpack.
i came back the next morning for coffee, and from there it was instant.

my story is especially cool because i later found out i was only the second person she dated... the first being for like a month. fated i guess.

edit: i think i said something really funny and blunt like "i don't really understand how friendly touching is supposed to work so i'm going to ask, can i put my arm around you".


--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Edited by truekimbo2 (08/03/06 02:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: truekimbo2]
    #5928767 -

I met my partner through the shroomery, of all places. We talked here and there on IRC for a couple of years before we decided that we should hang out since we lived so close. I was instantly attracted and convinced him to come back and see me again. And again. And again!

What cemented the deal for me was when we went to the '05 NE Gathering together. We bonded strongly not only with each other but with the rest of the people there. Seeing him interact with people other than me, watching us interact together with others, it was all just so...right. I've never felt more comfortable, confident, or reassured in a relationship, and it just keeps getting better. :heart:

Just one more reason for me to love the shroomery. :grin:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: TODAY]
    #5928771 -

I met her at a small party through a mutual friend. Little did she know that I was packing a bottle of homemade absinthe to show off and spread around. She is a tiny girl and I thought to myself that she would never take a shot. Well, she shot like a pro and didn't flinch. She even managed to look mostly unimpressed. I didn't bother to try. We hit it off like it was destiny and I learned real quick that love is everything medicine. The best part is that gooey nonsense like, "love medicine," makes us both want to puke, except when I whisper it to her in quiet darkness. Then it makes us want to do something else and then lie in bed forever, together.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: TODAY]
    #5929418 -

Dankman and I met at the '04 AZ Gathering. We got married at the '05 AZ gathering. We didn't talk much at the first night we met. But the second night we tripped by the fire together. I've loved him ever since.


--------------------
"Apparently there is a great discovery or insight which our culture is deliberately designed to supress, distort and ignore. That is that Nature is some kind of minded entity. That Nature is not simply the random flight of atoms through electromagnetic fields. Nature is not the empty, despiritualized lumpen matter that we inherit from modern physics. But it is instead a kind of intelligence, a kind of mind."

-Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: TODAY]
    #5929451 -

I met my bf through one of his friends (whom to this day I have not met, nor talk to anymore.) They were pretty close friends, and this was back in grade 10 (2000.) I had every intention of meeting his friend. But one way or another I started to talk to his buddy (my bf) online as well. As my internt connection with the one, I got a lot closer to his friend. He always had a gf, and I was always semi jealous. Nothing I could do about it. But I moved up to London last summer, and by October I was like, "fuck it, we are gonna meet, enough of this bull shit." I have been seeing him ever since. Talked to him online for 5 years before I actually met him, and there was only about 3.5 hours driving time between us. SILLY!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: Bowers]
    #5929693 -

I met my wife at college, in the marching band. We both played trombone and would stand near each other during drill rehearsal. She used my red hair and tie-dyed shirts as a reference for where she had to stand. We met her freshman year, my soph.... She had heard rumors that I was a druggie and a drunk and womanizer, and the day she got the nerve to talk to me I was so high during rehearsal that all I could do was laugh.... and she avoided me for about a year :-)

She got over it though, and a two years later... (her junior, my senior year) we started dating! The rumors of my alcoholism and womanaizing were exaggerated, but I was pretty much the druggie of that marching band full of lushes and squares. I introduced her to a whole new world of concerts, camping and good times. Things have never been the same.

We celebrated our first year of marriage just a few days ago.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: Bowers]
    #5929698 -

I'm trying to meet my partner at a festival. It isn't working.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: nookjohn]
    #5929701 -

nookjohn said:
I'm trying to meet my partner at a festival. It isn't working.



would this be the Beer festival that is next weekend??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: TODAY]
    #5929711 -

I met my wife on teh intarwebnet chat rooms of all places. 7 years later and we're happy as clams. :cool::thumbup:


--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: unbeliever]
    #5929740 -

Well, I looked down to my right hand one day and asked, "What's your name?"
It said Rosy Palmer and we have been in love every since.

Edited by Rahie (08/03/06 08:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: blissedout]
    #5929755 -

I saw the thread title and thought "I know I've answered this one before."  Then I opened it and realized I was right!

Thanks for the 2 1/2 year old thread revival Blissed! :tongue:

*edit*  BTW- we had our 12th anniversary a couple months ago. :thumbup:

Edited by ToTheSummit (08/03/06 08:50 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Where and how did you meet your partner?? [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #5929809 -

ToTheSummit said:
I saw the thread title and thought "I know I've answered this one before."  Then I opened it and realized I was right!

Thanks for the 2 1/2 year old thread revival Blissed! :tongue:




Methinks, "did i post a new thread in the pub today??" lol


--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Stockholm Syndrome nicholasbritt 267 0 02/25/10 11:43 AM
by nicholasbritt
* Chinadoll Ripple 488 3 02/11/05 06:42 PM
by LouiseLouise
* Chinadoll..
( 1 2 all )
OldSpice 2,217 27 09/25/04 05:46 PM
by Ripple
* Chinadoll, Ripple and `Piller...Guess what? OldSpice 836 9 07/10/04 08:42 AM
by OldSpice
* Happy B-Day Chinadoll and Adamist! gdman 982 9 02/17/05 09:03 PM
by JettaJay
* Happy birthday, Chinadoll(Sorry if someone else has made this already)!!!! blissedout 739 8 02/19/06 09:58 AM
by chinacat72
* Getaway in Stockholm... nismo2491 361 2 04/22/10 09:36 AM
by nismo2491
* meeting people Senor_Doobie 491 5 03/05/06 09:02 PM
by squirrelnutmofia

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
4,622 topic views. 13 members, 23 guests and 205 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.023 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 15 queries.