Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I really love JB-Weld
    #5877546 -



The stuff is just plain awesome. It's simply the very best glue I've ever used thus far... it's cheap, it's easy to use, it's easy to clean up, it's practically as strong as a professionally welded joint.

You can machine it, sand it, weld things to it, drill through it, paint on it. And, even better, it doesn't stink horribly the way that all kinds of regular epoxy does... so I can use it inside without making the whole room reek.

I seriously love the stuff. I use it all the time.

The keyboard tray of my computer desk broke, and I just bonded the whole thing back together with JB-Weld... it'll probably be sturdier than it was when it was new.

Is it wierd that I not only love the stuff, but that I enjoy using it, and consider it to be fun?

(No, I wasn't paid to say this... I'm just bored and happen to love the stuff. Although holy shit, this does sound like a commercial)

[/gushing]


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Konnrade]
    #5877600 -

It is good stuff, there is another substitute for it made
by Devcon, Plastic steel 5 minute epoxy putty. Which, if
you use a lot is cheaper to buy, because it comes in a lot of larger sizes.


--------------------
I just have names.
shit has been way busy, names have been flying out the door. No time for special name shit.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Konnrade]
    #5877604 -

I patched a hole in my cars radiator a year ago, and it's still holding!

I lov it too!

:heart:


--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....



"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Konnrade]
    #5877610 -

I put that shit on my penis.

I loooooooooooooooooove J-B weld.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Konnrade]
    #5877628 -

I eats glue sometime.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Cowgold]
    #5877762 -

Cowgold said:
I eats glue sometime.



I somehow think that eating JB-Weld could be fatal.

There's something about epoxy resin, other assorted chemicals, and a whole crapload of metal powder going into a stomach that sounds... well, dangerous.

On the subject of my computer desk, it's setting up nicely even though I'm using the keyboard tray (the part that broke) while the JB-Weld is setting up.

I'm glad I have that pair of small vice-grip bar clamps, they're perfect for holding the peices together while the cold weld hardens.


--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

Edited by Konnrade (07/19/06 04:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Konnrade]
    #5879186 -

I have to agree.. The stuff is totally amazing!

A friend has a 1997 Chevy Astro Van. The oil dipstick tube rubbed a hole in the aluminum A/C accumulator, causing the freon to leak out.
Two mechanics said, "That can't be repaired, you need to replace the accumulator.".
I sanded the area, cleaned it with laquer thinner and sealed it with J-B Weld.
Then I recharged the A/C the next day... That was on July 2nd, 2005. It hasn't leaked at all!! Still ice-cold over a year later!!
Dumb-ass, thieving mecahanics!!
Thank you J-B Weld!!!

[/commercial]


--------------------
================================================



"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TMâ„¢ :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: shithead]
    #5879312 -

shithead said:
It is good stuff, there is another substitute for it made
by Devcon, Plastic steel 5 minute epoxy putty. Which, if
you use a lot is cheaper to buy, because it comes in a lot of larger sizes.





That is awesome I need to get the economy size!!!


--------------------
The sun, with all those planets revolving around it and dependent on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it had nothing else in the universe to do.
---Galileo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Boglyn]
    #5879321 -

i have used JB weld for automotive use multiple times with nothing but great results

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: psychoggm11]
    #5879330 -

J-B weld kicks ass it will also hold pressure if you sue it properly but be sensible people.


--------------------


OI OI OI

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I really love JB-Weld [Re: Konnrade]
    #5879334 -

Yep, when nothing else will do the job its time for JB Weld. I can't begin to count the number of different uses I've found for this miracle of modern science!


--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yellow Submarine parody used in commercial LearyfanS 3,988 14 03/11/03 08:18 PM
by djfrog
* "White Rabbit" used in video game commercial
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 9,933 27 11/02/02 12:15 PM
by Papaver
* JB YouEnjoyMyself 402 0 03/18/05 06:35 PM
by YouEnjoyMyself
* Random Weld-on and plexiglass ?'s for the hobby enthusiasts MkUltra 630 1 01/15/07 01:40 AM
by euphoricpoison
* HP Commercial MuffinBear 796 5 10/09/03 11:22 PM
by Cherk
* Just saw Mickey Hart on a yahoo commercial. Vulture 1,201 17 04/30/04 01:35 AM
by Learyfan
* Bob Dylan IN a Victoria Secret Commercial? TheHateCamel 1,380 15 04/04/04 05:32 PM
by Ripple
* Dirty Love tomatoes 1,779 9 08/22/03 06:46 PM
by tomatoes

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,033 topic views. 4 members, 243 guests and 105 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.021 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.